• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am bailing out. There is a 90 per cent chance opposition will win this GE.

Hi Valdez,

This is Election season, I am sure we will be getting a lot of ruckus and noise from all the parties.
No opposition party is going to come out and say how good the ruling party has been doing.... correct?
They will angle and dig at whatever they can to gain leverage and score points with the voters.

As I said before, hopefully the business friendly parties do well and after the elections, good sense will prevail.
But if the more extremist parties take over, then yes we should relook our investments.

Walker

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recalled few yrs back, one of malay on the motorcycle point to my punctured tyre. Drove to one area, came another a malay teenager helped me to fix e spare tyre. This is how I start to learn to change tyre. sob sob...:biggrin:

During those days, robbers use e umbrella ribs and cut it into many sharp pieces.. (try not to stop on e spot if kena).

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recalled few yrs back, one of malay on the motorcycle point to my punctured tyre. Drove to one area, came another a malay teenager helped me to fix e spare tyre. This is how I start to learn how to change tyre. sob sob...:biggrin:

Wah lucky never rob u :wink:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,
Just watched -CNA retire in Johor.
Can't help but feel it is another brainwashing program by msn for our old folks to retire in Johor as Singapore govt has been painting our neighbour in bad light for so many yrs. Once old, you're unwanted.
But not a bad idea actually.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the CNA-Get Real program was quite postive.
As Cheerguan said it was not the usual Malaysia/JB Bashing that we are used to.

It did bring out the advantages of living and retiring in Iskandar JB and even addressed some of the security concerns.
All in all, the program will attract more Singaporeans to at least consider Iskandar as a possible alternative. :biggrin:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously Valdez, if you were the opposition & say you win, what would you do? think about it...

Hi contra, if I'm from the Islamic party PKR and win, I'll Not let external influence affect my state and people as much as possible. Most of the local people will not benefit much from this Iskander project other than more low paying jobs that couldn't catch up with the rising cost of living.
Thus this is holding me back from futher investments till after their election.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the CNA-Get Real program was quite postive.
As Cheerguan said it was not the usual Malaysia/JB Bashing that we are used to.

It did bring out the advantages of living and retiring in Iskandar JB and even addressed some of the security concerns.
All in all, the program will attract more Singaporeans to at least consider Iskandar as a possible alternative. :biggrin:

Cars r getting more expensive in SG. Houses r getting more expensive in JB. Prob in 5 year's time left only e middle class
Singaporeans in JB.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Morning Sis Gin, being a country that accepted migrants to it Shores, Singapore has been a country that in the past most people from around the region aspired to and got into not only for the economic future but also the manner in which people saw as good and civil society. Unfortunately, this also attracted the 'undesirables' who when asked are always quick to quip ' I'm a Singaporean' but when circumstances develop and they find that it is not to their advantage, the actual nationality is then revealed, thinking it will either gain some kind of advantage or sympathetic response.
I have actually met 'The Good, The Bad and literally The Ugly Singaporean' :eek: :biggrin:. But then in my travels, even to the "Civilised countries" I had my encounters with these trio of human traits. Thankfully I meet/met more of "The Good" and though, maybe physically "The Ugly" who surprisingly are more Good then Ugly".
I agree with you that Singaporeans are sometimes taken for granted. More the mistaken identification of an individual who though has the physical appearance of being better attired, therefore a "Singaporean". But in saying this NOT All SPR, behave so badly, it's the individual irrespective of nationality, who lacks the social graces BUT aspires to be identified with a Nationality that is perceived to be of a more progressive nation.
So therein lies the crux of the reason why Singaporeans in general get hammered whenever there is a problem.

You are right, so many 'undesirables' come in the recent years but not all are undesirables. In general, the true blue Singaporeans are usually quite meek and not so aggressive.

frogman

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to their test on 2 estate G&G also not that safe.....all depends on the guards. For those staying there what do you think?

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi contra, if I'm from the Islamic party PKR and win, I'll Not let external influence affect my state and people as much as possible. Most of the local people will not benefit much from this Iskander project other than more low paying jobs that couldn't catch up with the rising cost of living.
Thus this is holding me back from futher investments till after their election.

We did not see that happen in Selangor (big part of the Klang Valley) nor Penang since the last elections .... these are the two states under opposition which property prices gained a lot in recent years, along with the whole country. The gains have been across the board. I am Malaysia politics neutral and not worried..

I just see no reason why the boat will be rocked and even if it was rocked, thats all temporary. economic forces & logic just too strong.

Anyway for those choosing sidelined, is fine. Rewards come with risks.... or no rewards if no risks

Last edited:

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
We did not see that happen in Selangor (big part of the Klang Valley) nor Penang since the last elections .... these are the two states under opposition which property prices gained a lot in recent years, along with the whole country. The gains have been across the board. I am Malaysia politics neutral and not worried..

I just see no reason why the boat will be rocked and even if it was rocked, thats all temporary. economic forces & logic just too strong.

Anyway for those choosing sidelined, is fine. Rewards come with risks.... or no rewards if no risks

Well if a Party like PAS takes over........hmmmm
Maybe the boat will capsize... :rolleyes:
but hopefully not... their strength is usually in Northern Rural Malaysia. :biggrin:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bro Wuqi

Happy Birthday!
You're such a special friend! It's a pleasure to remember you anytime, especially on your birthday.
Have a Great day ahead!

:smile:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently many BN-related shares dropped quite a lot yesterday when there is a looming general election date being announced. Do investors really think that the BN will be overthrown? From the investors point of view it does seem that way. The last election we did not see any movement in shares prior to elections.

UEM land dropped whopping 5% almost.. just by speculation of election date. If BN gets thrown out, I wont be surprised if UEM land drop 60% as almost all directors are UMNO-linked cronies notorious for corruption. The 400,000 Malaysians working and staying in Singapore will almost surely vote for opposition. LAst election many dont bother to return as every election BN wins. This time when I talk to all of them, all wants to return.

Better be prepared for a Tsunamis from now to May 2013. Its a crucial point.

Yes, I am one of those Msians living/working in SG who will be returning to vote in GE13!

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bro Wuqi

Happy Birthday!
You're such a special friend! It's a pleasure to remember you anytime, especially on your birthday.
Have a Great day ahead!

:smile:

Thanks for informing us It is Bro Wuqi Birthday Crystal.

Happy Birthday Bro Wuqi, This thread wouldn't be the same without you. Have a great birthay celebration with your family!! :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for informing us It is Bro Wuqi Birthday Crystal.

Happy Birthday Bro Wuqi, This thread wouldn't be the same without you. Have a great birthay celebration with your family!! :smile:

welcome , long time no hear from u ...
wat u busy at ?
house ready to tenant out ?

Status
Not open for further replies.