• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noted to be more careful when setting up fireworks. I think i know the place, Jln indah 5/3. The coffeeshop has a stall that sells nice bao. Yum yum. It seems like there are quite a no. of coffeeshop named after Pearl something in or around bt indah and thus, I am always confused. Hehe..Thanks again for the details..

Thanks, it should be along Jalan Indah 5/3 if i remember correctly. Along the road after passing Sekolah Menenggah Kebangsaan Taman Bukit Indah on the way FROM Columbia Asia hospital. There is a corner coffeeshop where many cars are always parked haphazardly and near to a Petronas Petrol station.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
2013 will definitely be a HAPPY and PROSPEROUS year for everyone who has a stake in Iskandar. Happy New Year!!!

Wish everyone and ther families, loved ones, a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year! To those who are vested in Iskandar, congtatulations and all the best for a great 2013! To those who are looking, all the best for closing in on your dream home very soon!

Huat! Huat! Huat! (Learning slowly but certainly!)

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
No problem..I am eager to find out as well..going to hoot this weekend..bro arowana, pls spare some for me so that we can 88 together :wink: gam seah

Thanks so much, I was suppose to ask all these questions, but u have already asked for me...
Didn't get any as google Pearl Restaurant funny stuff comes out. Hehehe. Will make sure I get it for CNY!
Huat ah everybody!!!!!

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not too sure..can anyone share whether mega fireworks allowed in JB? Anyway, i will try out with smaller one first..

During CNY, we will always light up the boxed firecrackers that will shoot to the sky for ard 1min. By law, any form of fireworks is prohibited but this is loosely enforced. Shooting a lot may attract attention of patrol cars in search for kopi $$ and angpow esp during CNY

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noted with thanks. Most likely, I will shoot & run and would not be shooting alot coz $$ not enough :smile: Of coz, hope not to involve police Ah bang unnecessary. For me, this is to experience life where we can't do so in Singapore.

During CNY, we will always light up the boxed firecrackers that will shoot to the sky for ard 1min. By law, any form of fireworks is prohibited but this is loosely enforced. Shooting a lot may attract attention of patrol cars in search for kopi $$ and angpow esp during CNY

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Lots of fireworks on new years eve, continuing well past 2am. Refrained from too much as i wanted to be a good neighbour and i have an elderly couple who are not keen on fireworks. One errant firework bursting in the air activated my good bro's alarm by accident, only got to know later as i thought it was another neighbours alarm.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all, please help to work with me to keep the threads commercial free unless one needs to post commercial ads, etc.
If commercial postings are required, please PM Boss Sam Leong or myself for more details.

Postings of ones experience with contractors, etc are still ok but property ads or new launches, please PM us first.

Thank you

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haiyo..... start of the year oredi had so much problem with the lawyer's office tat do up the documentations.

Last Dec 2012 they called and told me I had not made the payment for the levy and if it does not get approved it is not their fault. I was SHOCKED cos I had transferred the money in September when I got the letter though it was dated back in Aug 2012. They check and said yeah they received it and NOT EVEN A SORRY was mentioned.

And last night I received another letter from them telling me to acknowledge the letter by signing and returning it to them the DUPLICATE copy and the letter eas dated 26th September 2012..... and there WAS NO DUPLICATE letter or watsoever for me to sign .......

Can anyone tell me is this the NORM or practising ways of laws firms in Msia? haiyo... ...... ...... ......

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Sister Crystal.....

I had made the payments too... but just wondering how come a law firm in JB can be so so sub-standards.... even calling them quoting the reference number on the letter does not help at all and best the letter forever dated so far back and it makes it seems like I am the one holding on to the letter and no actions on my part..... reali KNS they all......

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Sister Crystal.....

I had made the payments too... but just wondering how come a law firm in JB can be so so sub-standards.... even calling them quoting the reference number on the letter does not help at all and best the letter forever dated so far back and it makes it seems like I am the one holding on to the letter and no actions on my part..... reali KNS they all......

try to communciate them with emails and follow up with calls , at least have evidence ...
my law firm initially was super on after sometime became very slacked and ignore my emails and until I showed up to their office one day , they finally passed me the documents which suppose to send me months ago. they are so stingy to courier the documents over !

Last edited:

Jevil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Sis Crystal... long time no see u... u go travelling ah?

Btw, can anyone help me on directing how to drive in to Bukit Indah via Tuas and Woodlands? My fren wana attend a wedding dinner in HH golf club but staying in BI hotel. I duno how to direct her the way to BI coz I dont drive.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Sis Crystal... long time no see u... u go travelling ah?

Btw, can anyone help me on directing how to drive in to Bukit Indah via Tuas and Woodlands? My fren wana attend a wedding dinner in HH golf club but staying in BI hotel. I duno how to direct her the way to BI coz I dont drive.

Hi Jevil

Happy new year to u ! was busy at work this whole week as boss is back !

U can refer to this web for the ways to HH , very easy ....
Although this link mentioned abt legoland but u can easily see HH exit too ....
From woodlands , HH is before legoland .

http://www.jaynechua.com/category/malaysia-legoland/

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
try to communciate them with emails and follow up with calls , at least have evidence ...
my law firm initially was super on after sometime became very slacked and ignore my emails and until I showed up to their office one day , they finally passed me the documents which suppose to send me months ago. they are so stingy to courier the documents over !

Yes will heed ur advice ar.... thanks so much.....

Jevil

Alfrescian
Loyal
ahhhh.... no wonder u disappear so long neh...

Happy New Year to u ya!

Thanks for the link... I will pass it to my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.