• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eesymerej

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Perodua Viva basic costs about SGD10K. I would think is more practical, safer and weather proof for scooting around the estate than a golf buggy and/or mopeds. My personal opinion only.

And a car w/o COE in Boleh-land don't race to $0 after 10 years unlike SG.

How much are these electric scooters? Any golf buggies for sale? Would be a convenient alternative to electric scooters becos it can carry more people such as elderly and kids. Too inefficient to use a car to move around the G&G estate.

Last edited:

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Perodua Viva basic costs about SGD10K. I would think is more practical, safer and weather proof for scooting around the estate than a golf buggy and/or mopeds. My personal opinion only.

Wow! So Cxxxp. Better not say that beautiful magical word.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Agree but for some, once you have more than a few cars, it gets boring after a while. Not suggesting this as the primary mode of transport but mostly for fun. Good to feel the breeze on your face on nice or sunny days and just ride around. Besides, no road tax (i know, its not as ex as our country), petrol and not much in maintenance fees, just an alternative mode to move around. Just a few hours charging and off you go. I wanted to get a Segway when i first came out here. Would have bought one back then if i could but found that they are not so practical/widely supported in Johore.

That said, here is one Segway site that is quite useful:
http://www.segway.my/new/product/product.htm

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
thank you.

Sure, please remember to ask for discount though. Do also feel free to ask or shop around. The shop besides Station One Cafe also does autogate.
If Alvin asks who recommended you, just say its the guy who don't want any comms.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi, with the kind of wet weather we experience here in Nusajaya, a golf buggy that's "covered and aircon" would be more practical. I've seen models with Solar panel roofs so that keeping the batteries charged would not cost..... on sunny days though:biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh yes but those costs about 10k or more. The ones that i enquired, even 2nd hand Yamaha were like 8k and the cover costs another 500-1k on average and is not wholly/permanently leak proof. With that price, i would rather get a car which can bring me to all places if its meant to be a main mode of transport. Else if its mainly as a fun way to get around, then anything goes in my book. :smile:

http://www.golf-country.com/proshop/Carts/Golf_Cart_Covers and Accessories.htm

Last edited:

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi all, lets say the size of the terrace house is 24x70 and i purchase a end lot with extra land of 10ft. does it mean what i have purchase is 34x70???

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes your house size specified will be the width measured from your front and back. In your case, 34ft frontage and 70ft length. Enjoy your private land area..

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
As the year comes to an end, I wanna wish all contributors & silent readers a Happy and Prosperous New Year! Special thanks to Wuqi & regulars for keeping this forum active.

Am sure all of us are looking forward to 2013!

Shaven

Alfrescian
Loyal
I witnessed an 'ugly Singaporeans' in action at Legoland KFC outlet on Thursday, the bugger are ranting about slow service and shouting his order at Mat in the counter. knn who are you ah? just because you came here for visit does not give you the right to act big. I was waiting for the Mat to throw him out of the outlet, surely will give him a helping hand. I hope this is not the kind coming over to live in Iskandar.

aumysg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sure hope not. I detest rude people that treat service staff with contempt. They are human too and have you realised you get better service if you are friendly and polite. Anyway, Happy New Year everyone. See you future neighbours when we move to our respective homes.

P/s: where do we get fireworks? I've seen fireworks during raya but have no idea where they buy them.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
As the year comes to an end, I wanna wish all contributors & silent readers a Happy and Prosperous New Year! Special thanks to Wuqi & regulars for keeping this forum active.

Am sure all of us are looking forward to 2013!

Ditto your post !!! And same to u too ,bro :smile:

Shaven

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again .. drive spore registered car and speak Singlish doesnt mean sporean. Surrounding me, I have 8 out of 10 friends who are malaysians but Spore PR staying in malaysia. Most grew up in Singapore and left their kampong from age 6 or 7

Real Sporeans prefer to keep low or zero profile in jb.

sorry ha, this one sure sporean... most msian chinese can speak malay but this one ta boleh. the way he talk I sure can find everyday in spore

Status
Not open for further replies.