• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi guys after reading your posts decided to take the plunge but still need your help since i want to buy a new launch still at a lost to buy where since my budget is 500 to 600 k wish somebody could highlight me since i recently went to property sales in orchard hotel theres is only 1 semi d launch in tebrau area didnt know if should take it, any more ideas would be much appreciated thanks.

Good for you, do come out often to have a look and see for yourself more. Ask someone you know who you know has a home here and don't be afraid to ask more questions. There is no such thing as a stupid question but do always do due dilligence and do your own homework.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
..... Jordan highlighted that changes to entrance qualifications or fees must be approved by the Ministry of Higher Education, whereas the matters would be dealt with internally back in England.....

Here is what happens 'Back in England' if you let the Universities deal with their fee changes internally ....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2012/aug/09/tuition-fees-increase-15000-less-applicants

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/nov/13/inflation-rises-again-tuition-fees-food

Last edited:

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've an expat friend who teaches in NTUC and he sends his children across the causeway to Marlborough college everyday.

The kids love it because of the space, attention and amenities.

Seemed like Marlborough is doing very well.

Elite Boarding Schools Spreading Through Asia

NUSAJAYA, MALAYSIA — When Robert Pick set eyes on a plot of land here a few years ago, all he could see were palm trees.

“The architect told me it was a wonderful site, but Nusajaya was undeveloped when I first came,” Mr. Pick, the master of Marlborough College Malaysia, said in an on-campus interview.

Nusajaya now is home to the first international campus of Marlborough College, the British boarding school that was founded in 1843 and counts the poet Siegfried Sassoon and the Duchess of Cambridge, the former Kate Middleton, as alumni. About 20 percent of its 350 students are Malaysians.

“We are not a franchise, but an expansion,” Mr. Pick said. “We see it as two schools together.”

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,
Season's Greetings & Blessings to you and your family! Also, to all the kind people in this great forum, I wish you the same.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly why we need to constantly remind ourselves not to get carried away.

Could not agree more ... Particularly when prices are what they are today and they have figured in future developments. The risks get higher.

Some of you may remember, this was big news back in 2007 and it further fueled the property prices in the CCR:

http://sgpropertynews.wordpress.com...a-jv-buying-two-blocks-at-cliveden-at-grange/

Back then, their average purchase price at Cliveden was SGD 3750 psf. Read today's Straits Times page B10. Wachovia is exiting at SGD 2950 psf, incurring a total loss of SGD 55 million. Analysts expect this transaction to adversely impact URA price sub index at CCR.

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Contra
Hope you'll enjoy a wonderful Christmas in your new spacious home :smile:

Mine is just a humble intermediate terrace but it does feel as described :smile:

Weather here has been very nice yesterday and today Christmas Day... feels like a notch below Genting. Went to LegoLand yesterday for a 'stroll in the park' in the evening with a cool breeze with less people (strategic timing) and probably bring family today again. This is a side benefit and is a nice one at that.

Hope you join us here soon, even if weekend retreat. Cheers

Last edited:

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi all, lets say i buy a bumi lot that convert to international lot. will there b any problem if i want to sell in future?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
hi all, lets say i buy a bumi lot that convert to international lot. will there b any problem if i want to sell in future?

No problem if the conversion was done legally by the developer or through proper means. Once properly converted, they are the same as any other international lot property.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Mine is just a humble intermediate terrace but it does feel as described :smile:

Weather here has been very nice yesterday and today Christmas Day... feels like a notch below Genting. Went to LegoLand yesterday for a 'stroll in the park' in the evening with a cool breeze with less people (strategic timing) and probably bring family today again. This is a side benefit and is a nice one at that.

Hope you join us here soon, even if weekend retreat. Cheers

A house is just a house, to be a home, it has to be something different and once its a home, space is a bonus. :smile:
Yes it was really cool and breezy today. Folks just went back home, they didn't encounter any jam for this trip so far. Probably most of the other folks have already went home.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,
Season's Greetings & Blessings to you and your family! Also, to all the kind people in this great forum, I wish you the same.

Thanks Odyssey and to you too as well. Humanity has yet triumped over another "self-snook" on Dec 21st, 2012. This year though, the fireworks seemed to be muted, probably folks were busily stock piling candles, cans etc to remember to buy fireworks.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just to update, the electronics store at Giant is called Khin Guan, their pricing for a 55" 3D Hi-def tv set is at 5999 MYR for member pricing only.

Prices of memory seems to be going up recently especially for older ram like DDR2. Seems to be a sale for Asus laptops on ground floor of Jusco.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For folks who like Mopeds or electric scooters, there are several selling on the 2nd floor of Giant at Bukit Indah. Do remember to bargain as they always ask for very high prices. They are not street legal as you would need a motorcycle license but if you are using it for short trips around your G&G estate, they can be quite fun but remember do be safe. Do use a helmet though. Have seen some folks using them them. Charged using normal AC power.

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
For folks who like Mopeds or electric scooters, there are several selling on the 2nd floor of Giant at Bukit Indah. Do remember to bargain as they always ask for very high prices. They are not street legal as you would need a motorcycle license but if you are using it for short trips around your G&G estate, they can be quite fun but remember do be safe. Do use a helmet though. Have seen some folks using them them. Charged using normal AC power.

How much are these electric scooters? Any golf buggies for sale? Would be a convenient alternative to electric scooters becos it can carry more people such as elderly and kids. Too inefficient to use a car to move around the G&G estate.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
How much are these electric scooters? Any golf buggies for sale? Would be a convenient alternative to electric scooters becos it can carry more people such as elderly and kids. Too inefficient to use a car to move around the G&G estate.

The Mopeds are about 1.6k to 1.8k each, the larger one is about 2.2 to 2.5k.
Moped is adequate for light use while the larger ones has extended range and can
Carry about 200kg up the slopes of HH comfortably. Golf buggies, 2nd hand will
Cost about 5-7k typically.

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone install Autogate - DC moto - GFM 905?
I need someone to do the installation for me....

sorry, bro wuji, can i ask in this thread or or other thread?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
anyone install Autogate - DC moto - GFM 905?
I need someone to do the installation for me....

sorry, bro wuji, can i ask in this thread or or other thread?

I would recommend to keep it in the renovation thread but you can contact Alvin – +60 16 7781396

Status
Not open for further replies.