• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Najib said

“If Iskandar is to hit its 2025 target of RM383bil in investments, everyone needs to play a part,” .

I think the did not mean "PLAY". I think he meant "PAY".

I bet if everyone "pay" a part; we will hit RM383B sooner than 2025.

Especially those sucker whom are "Johnny come lately" and last to the Ponzi's party will be buried in deep deep shit. :biggrin:

Last edited:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the TA does not explicitly state when the deposit is to be refunded, then it is implied that the refund must be made within a "reasonable time". What amounts to a reasonable time in a particular situation depends on the circumstances, in this case, how long it would take for an ordinary landlord to receive his utility bill in the mail to ascertain whether he need to deduct any amount from the deosit. Good luck!

Agree Jetstream. In fact by now it will be the 2nd TNB bill as I handed over just 2 working days from the usual billing date. Sure hope I can resolve this smoothly.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
TQ GinFreely for the link. I hope to receive my refund soon.

Ha ha, i'm one of them, lodge a claim with the Tribunal against one developer. The process is simple and just RM5 fee.

After a few days, when the claim doc reached the GM , he called me directly to settle the total refund without question and requested me to withdraw the claim.

I think it is not so nice for the GM to attend court for some sum of money. Besides, company reputation also tarnished.

without this channel, I wonder will I ghet back the refund.

goodluck

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ha ha, i'm one of them, lodge a claim with the Tribunal against one developer. The process is simple and just RM5 fee.

After a few days, when the claim doc reached the GM , he called me directly to settle the total refund without question and requested me to withdraw the claim.

I think it is not so nice for the GM to attend court for some sum of money. Besides, company reputation also tarnished.

without this channel, I wonder will I ghet back the refund.

goodluck
can send me the link?thks.

Last edited:

amgm125

Alfrescian
Loyal
Greetings to all bros/sis here.

Me & my partner are middle class working professionals, but since 2009 we’ve been going JB on a very regular basis..almost 3-4 times per week. Shopping,movies,groceries, haircut, car servicing,tracking almost everything you can think of its JB. Anyway we feel more at home walking around in Jusco tebrau than like a foreigner in Singapore.

amgm125

Alfrescian
Loyal
Continued from previous post due to limited characters..
We’ve seen houses in Nusa Duta, Bestari Heights, Setia Eco Garden, Senibong Cove etc & even tried staying in those terrace house chalet in malacca & simply loves it. Our budget is limited to terrace houses.
I am wondering if communiting through & fro SG by bike through 2nd link a better idea or drive because I always ride to work in the CBD due to extreme parking prices.

Last edited:

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Continued from previous post due to limited characters..
We’ve seen houses in Nusa Duta, Bestari Heights, Setia Eco Garden, Senibong Cove etc & even tried staying in those terrace house chalet in malacca & simply loves it. Our budget is limited to terrace houses.
I am wondering if communiting through & fro SG by bike through 2nd link a better idea or drive because I always ride to work in the CBD due to extreme parking prices.

Bro if for me got bike licences i will ride bike loh....faster also.

amgm125

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro if for me got bike licences i will ride bike loh....faster also.

Yup bro, as bike is much faster as compared to car. I'm just worried about how jam it will be during peak hours where hordes of jb bikes return. It'll be best to commute through & fro JB and SG by bike for work and convert current car to OPC.

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Greetings to all bros/sis here.

Me & my partner are middle class working professionals, but since 2009 we’ve been going JB on a very regular basis..almost 3-4 times per week. Shopping,movies,groceries, haircut, car servicing,tracking almost everything you can think of its JB.
Anyway we feel more at home walking around in Jusco tebrau than like a foreigner in Singapore.
Any plans to buy a house ard tebrau area?
I aso hang out at jusco/tesco tebrau and Johor jaya area 2 to 3 times a week. Recently got myself a house(nt for investment) ard Kempas area.

Last edited:

amgm125

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any plans to buy a house ard tebrau area?
I aso hang out at jusco/tesco tebrau and Johor jaya area 2 to 3 times a week. Recently got myself a house(nt for investment) ard Kempas area.

We are still in the discussing/considering period. We are planning to buy a jb house to stay, not investment. Also due to our budget, we've narrowed down our choices to terrace/link houses probably units in the 500-600k region.
btw is kempas near the pizzahut/kfc/mac area?

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We are still in the discussing/considering period. We are planning to buy a jb house to stay, not investment. Also due to our budget, we've narrowed down our choices to terrace/link houses probably units in the 500-600k region.
btw is kempas near the pizzahut/kfc/mac area?
Yup, the place is called Setia Tropika.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
General updates:

Lots of potholes recently, even before McDonalds so drivers do beware.
Long queues at first link even past 12.30am early this morning, likely because of holiday season.
Influx of the rumoured group into Iskandar.
More China developers coming into this area to invest.
Shops at Nusa Sentral sold out even before official launch.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Tebrau (Austin Hills Golf resort) will have its nice and big water theme park soon.
The Seed and the condo is going to be aggressively marketed by the developer and they may go into SG market to advertise.
New library in the area and makings of another education hub
Famous local developer already got one project approved and more news to come.
New hotels like Hotel Granada, etc have opened up opposite Jusco at Bukit Indah.
Within 2 mins from Jusco, there are at least 5 hotels now.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
New branch of Myunga has set up shop at the new shops opposite Jusco, rumours has it that it is better than even their earlier branch.
Certain brands of early childhood companies are going out here.
Other than a famous snack shop, other franchises aside from the K coffeshop are coming to set up shop here.
Rumour has it a HK developer is also keen to look at doing developments here.
Do hang on to industrial properties as prices may see an adjustment.

Please be reminded again that transactions of properties from Jan 1st onwards will require additional 5% RGPT tax on top of the existing tax. The RGPT will be based on the date of approval for buyers who are foreigners and not on stamping. One way one may get around this may be (if one is a foreigner as well) is to submit to the lawyer and use the previous state consent and ask your lawyer to follow up for you.

Do remember to keep and use receipts for allowable deductions.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
If i have a spare 5-600k, i would buy a subsale terrace house that is G&G. If i have spare
900k, i would get a cluster. If i have another spare 1m-1.6m, i would buy a shop.

Taman Perling still have choice non G&G houses especially near the main school.
If one buys non G&G and is a corner unit, do get those anti-climb/anti-cut fences.

More developments happening at Desaru area but still not my personal cup of tea
at least for now.

Folks who like Desaru, do consider the Pulai resort or the Lotus one. The beaches
are generally cleaner than the public ones.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
A large local developer may be taken over by the government soon.
This developer is also bidding on the HSR project.
There were recent rumours of another transportation project separate
from HSR.
Certain developers are going into non-residential properties now.
Mixed type of properties comprising of commercial or being near to Industrial
areas may become a norm.
Industrial or tech parks are being snapped up by new foreign groups in the
newer parts of Iskandar.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The rumours of LTA giving case by case approval for Singaporeans who are working AND residing in Malaysia is true. Approval on a case by case basis and 5 days in advance.

Folks who need any tips on registering their newborn in MY may refer to the Consulate General in Johor:
http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/overseasmission/johor_bahru.html

They are in City Square, on the 35th floor. For birth registration, just go to Block 2 in the immigration/government complex around Setia Tropika.

Not forgetting our brothers who are now in KL:
http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/overseasmission/kuala_lumpur.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.