• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am going to Masai from woodland checkpoint via EDL. My gps suggest to exit to jalan pantai. does anyone knows if the permas - pasir gudang highway is ready for use? if not, which is the best route to go Masai? Tks.

CJ bro, is ready in use long ago.
EDL --> Permas-->After senibong cove, 2nd exit out to taman rinting which heading towards bandar seri alam.

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi saw it in KL. looks & feel was not bad. Vinly appears to be thicker. Can engage them to install at JB with a fee.

Yao903

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys. I'm a new user here. I'm planning to buy a permanent home in Nusa duta real soon, b4 making my final decision to purchase i would like some advice and tips from fellow Singaporean that work in sg and travel back to jb home what should we look out for? Any problem with custom sales clearance since I'll be traveling in n out everyday? And what's the traffic like from ND to tuas on 10am daily? Anything I need. To look out for? Thank in advance.

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw these Senibong Cove pictures on FB. Not too bad...

Attachments

• image-562255843.jpg
    image-562255843.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 223
  • image-1396050438.jpg
    image-1396050438.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 201

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw these Senibong Cove pictures on FB. Not too bad...

many ppl still skeptical about living at east..keke..image555.gif
Learned, a manem14.gif with a big big bunch of keys at one of the old apartment... kudos. what do you think?

Last edited:

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys. I'm a new user here. I'm planning to buy a permanent home in Nusa duta real soon, b4 making my final decision to purchase i would like some advice and tips from fellow Singaporean that work in sg and travel back to jb home what should we look out for? Any problem with custom sales clearance since I'll be traveling in n out everyday? And what's the traffic like from ND to tuas on 10am daily? Anything I need. To look out for? Thank in advance.

I travel out to work everyday from EL through Tuas Link. Traffic through the Johor side is very smooth. Over at the Singapore side CIQ, sometimes smooth and occasionally it will have heavy traffic and the sg side working like tortoise or maybe not enough booths open.

When smooth, I took 15 to 20 minutes to reach Tuas Gul Circle compared with travelling from Sengkang which I took 1 hour due to heavy traffic on all roads and expressway.

If you start earlier, I believe no problem to reach workplace on time.

From Nusa Duta, it is only a short stretch to the coastal highway and then it is highway all the way to Tuas Link.

Yao903

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ic. Ok I got another question. I have a BTO going on at sg is due to ready in 2016 which is a few years time. I understand that we Singaporean can't have another property within the 5 years so is it safe to buy a new home in jb by putter my parents name and borrower is my name? Will it affect my HDB home?

dd1207

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, for peoples who concern with the high tension power lines, EMF exposure, this link might give some information: http://www.emwatch.com/Typical_mG.htm. I tried an EMF meter at the street in front of Tenby school at Setia Eco garden, the meter indicate a safe range (<2.5 mG), guess that the distance to the nearest high tension power tower is around 70-100m.

Last edited:

dd1207

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday I saw there's a new bus terminal is being built near the junction Pontian highway-Jl Tangjung Kupang, wonder whether there will have bus to Singapore.
I have a question, can a foreigner (without any long term pass of Malaysia or Singapore) can stay in Malaysia continuously, by making daytrip out-in Malaysia-Singapore every month? Did anybody experience this?

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was a couple hundreds off the website price, which is why i place a deposit down on the spot.

Tks moochi for info. I went yday also. In d end chose Classy also and put 1k deposit. Managed to get a bit of discount on top of d show price and extra sink n diswash rack. I guess ey will more than recover cost of extra freebie n discount fr total cost my deal. I installg for wet, dry kitchen n an island as well. Damage abt 5k sing. This include d oven, hob and chimney hood.

Malaysiaboleh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tks moochi for info. I went yday also. In d end chose Classy also and put 1k deposit. Managed to get a bit of discount on top of d show price and extra sink n diswash rack. I guess ey will more than recover cost of extra freebie n discount fr total cost my deal. I installg for wet, dry kitchen n an island as well. Damage abt 5k sing. This include d oven, hob and chimney hood.

I do not have pleasant experience with this supplier recently. Those who contracted with them are advised to monitor their workmanship and finishes plus delivery. Avoid any issue with them in order to avoid unpleasantness which I am at no liberty to share on the blog. I have a better experience with another kitchen supplier in Taman Molek, no much difference in cost.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not have pleasant experience with this supplier recently. Those who contracted with them are advised to monitor their workmanship and finishes plus delivery. Avoid any issue with them in order to avoid unpleasantness which I am at no liberty to share on the blog. I have a better experience with another kitchen supplier in Taman Molek, no much difference in cost.

Tks bro for the heads up.
Another fellow forummer had shared on his experience of using this company's service and also uploaded his finished kitchen cabinet pic and the feedback was ok. In doing this we must also be actively monitoring the progress cannot based on trust right. Since I already make the commitment will make sure it is done accordg to specs/agreement. Will share the progress. Wish me luck :smile:

Malaysiaboleh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi! Malaysiaboleh

May I know your kitchen supplier contact or address? any website? Thank you

Signature Kitchen - their showroom is next to Taman Molek's Standard Chartered Bank and opposite the police station at the traffic light junction. But be prepared to wait for 45 days after your confirmation for delivery and installation. It is certainly worht the wait. They also did my wardrobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.