• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quick updates:

TGV Cinema in Bukit Indah is closed until 17th Nov.
The amusement centre on the 3rd floor is closed temporarily as well.
There is a sale going on at the ground floor womans clothing store near Maybank, might be worth a visit.

Hatten Hotel in Malacca - Defintely worth every cent we paid. Food is pretty nice, breakfast wonderful, rooms are nice and clean.
Pools and most of the facilities are great (some parts still building though) Child friendly and good views. Staff was exceedingly
honest, returned all the way to our room to return us the change for room service even though we told them to keep it.

Wifi was bad for the rooms though, only lobby and 12th floor (pool, etc has it) BUT the wifi signal was so strong that more than 7 stories up, we were still able to receive it. Lots of properties on sale by Hatten at the hotel though and looked a bit weird in the lobby but internally it has a small mall and lots of IT related stores. Connectivity to the other malls are pretty good as well.

Thanks for update, ex Neighbour coming over to stay over the weekends, was thinking of catching a movie , too bad is closed.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Took a friend who was finally keen to have a look at properties here.

Nusa Sentral Phase 2-3 were all gone.
Nusa Duta only had 2 corner clusters left that are about 1.1m now
Nusa Heights mainly has studio units left.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for update, ex Neighbour coming over to stay over the weekends, was thinking of catching a movie , too bad is closed.

Still have chance, either the old cinema at Perling Mall or go to the one in Tebrau which is pretty new. Else Pulai also has a nice cinema at The Giant (near Mont Calista)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
A quick question for those that has been saying in JB but working in Singapore . Do you apply the MM2H program or you just use your passport to go in and out of Malaysia everyday? Is there a limited each year on how many times you can enter Malaysia? Is there a must to apply MM2H if I want to stay in JB but work in Singapore? Apology if this has been discussed before as I am new here. Thanks a lot.

No need to do it, just use your passport and get MACS.
http://www.iskandarmalaysia.com.my/malaysia-automated-clearance-system

No limit currently unless you are from some special country where they need to check on you or unless you are a person of interest.
For best results, do check on the newbie pages or read up. Best is to check in with someone who has been staying there, disregard all hearsay until you come here and see for yourself.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Anyone got lobang for landscaping?

Hey Wuqi,

Recently went to Singapore Expo Hall 6 for their furniture and landscape exhibition. I got quoted for a fiberglass casing for a koi fish pond at SGD $2k++ at 3m long and 1m wide. I was wondering if you have contacts for the same but locally as in in JB Malaysia?

Thanks in advance
Dante

Hope i can help. Call the guys with the dimensions, depth and thickness you want.

This one can see if they are willing to customize:
http://www.kvfrp.com/

Further (mainly KL):
http://mgasaqua2.webs.com/

Can call them
http://www.banlifishfarm.com/ct.htm
http://setapakaquarium.asiaep.com/contact.htm

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quick updates:

There is a sale going on at the ground floor womans clothing store near Maybank, might be worth a visit.

Hatten Hotel in Malacca - Defintely worth every cent we paid. Food is pretty nice, breakfast wonderful, rooms are nice and clean.
Pools and most of the facilities are great (some parts still building though) Child friendly and good views. Staff was exceedingly
honest, returned all the way to our room to return us the change for room service even though we told them to keep it.

Wifi was bad for the rooms though, only lobby and 12th floor (pool, etc has it) BUT the wifi signal was so strong that more than 7 stories up, we were still able to receive it. Lots of properties on sale by Hatten at the hotel though and looked a bit weird in the lobby but internally it has a small mall and lots of IT related stores. Connectivity to the other malls are pretty good as well.

Thanks wuqi for the heads up:smile:
Ooh, i nearly made plans to go BI for movies this week, but since it's closed and I'll be at persada for the home fair. I just pop over to Tebrau then.

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know this is not suitable for our tropical weather, but it's still wow!

hot spring.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I know this is not suitable for our tropical weather, but it's still wow!

View attachment 7587

Its always good to have dreams, this is definitely appropriate. The fire can be those gas ones where they can be tuned to generate little heat or used for bbq. :smile:

Hot tub, fireplace, loved ones and friends. Complete picture of bliss.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Can't say about other places but i noticed the chain of Blackball has one of the best wifi setup around. Was pretty fast and managed to do large email attachments recently. :smile:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quick updates:

+1 Hatten Hotel = HH..err.., cozy room, nice big bed, and having 2 TVs in separate partition. clap.jpg.gif

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
1000psf is super high, it's almost reaching singapore prices in terms of per sq ft.

Today, had an interesting morning as i was kind of pulled in different directions by some friends keen on investing/living in Malaysia now. Many i called out to years ago are now sudden converts.

Some of them think too highly of me and some always say i am ahead of the curve or i am brave when it comes to investments. I am actually neither as i am actually quite conservative, just that i tend to do my math faster and come to a decision sooner than most.

Buying property in Johore at prices past 1000 psf? Not anytime soon for me, now or in the future. Those who did, these people are superbly smarter and way braver than me. It also depends on preference i guess as one can still get landed (gated & guarded) properties still at prices way below that.
Cheers to them.

mutiaramas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Took a friend who was finally keen to have a look at properties here.

Nusa Sentral Phase 2-3 were all gone.
Nusa Duta only had 2 corner clusters left that are about 1.1m now
Nusa Heights mainly has studio units left.

Hi Wuqi,
I will taking my fren for a tour of HH residence and he is interested in shoplots. Any recommendations or available units with good locations like nusa sentral?
Your advice is appreciated.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Met a group of investors recently, all were talking about their condo investments here when one of my friends (the super blunt soft spoken guy) said softly, "but but then you can still buy a XX landed property for way below that."

Seems all were stunned, everyone there unfortunately seemed to have the idea that condos are definitely much cheaper than landed. It depends on what one likes at the end of the day of course but for some, costing was the main reason why they went for a condo in the first place.

In the end, the most mild mannered guy amongst us turned out to be the most aggressive in buying properties here.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,
I will taking my fren for a tour of HH residence and he is interested in shoplots. Any recommendations or available units with good locations like nusa sentral?
Your advice is appreciated.

Nusa Sentral's shoplots are no longer available, their next phase is coming soon. Nusa Heights had a few but all sold. If i am not wrong, Nusa Idaman as well. Important question here, is you friend a local? If he/she is, more options for them to choose from.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
More updates,

Nusa Idaman shoplots looking quite nice. The older shoplots there are quite populated now.

Nov 23 - Public bank opens opposite Jusco.
Heard rumour more banks are moving to the area as additional commercial units are going to
be released soon.

Water theme park at Austin Golf Resort - Looks to be a cool project with water theme parks,
hotels, various amenities and schools. It has potential to drive things up there and MAY change
things drastically as what a theme park should. Its proximity to an international school as well
as famous Foon Yew and other schools should help. :wink:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Met a group of investors recently, all were talking about their condo investments here when one of my friends (the super blunt soft spoken guy) said softly, "but but then you can still buy a XX landed property for way below that."

Seems all were stunned, everyone there unfortunately seemed to have the idea that condos are definitely much cheaper than landed. It depends on what one likes at the end of the day of course but for some, costing was the main reason why they went for a condo in the first place.

In the end, the most mild mannered guy amongst us turned out to be the most aggressive in buying properties here.

Quiet Dog Bite Hard em17.gif
(Expression only)

mutiaramas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusa Sentral's shoplots are no longer available, their next phase is coming soon. Nusa Heights had a few but all sold. If i am not wrong, Nusa Idaman as well. Important question here, is you friend a local? If he/she is, more options for them to choose from.
My fren is a Sinkie and he is looking for rental in shoplot. I am also taking him to view some properties and east ledang gallery. Anyway, thanks for that info.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My fren is a Sinkie and he is looking for rental in shoplot. I am also taking him to view some properties and east ledang gallery. Anyway, thanks for that info.

Oh nice, i am sure he will appreciate it. Actually subsale shoplots are still available at many choice locations though they have appreciated. (Hint hint)

Disclaimer - Until today, Wu Qi still has no shoplots and has not put in any deposit YET for any nor does he has any houses/shoplots that he owns in the entire Tebrau/Austin area.

Status
Not open for further replies.