• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said. It's also abt value for money when u consider iskandar properties to Singapore's..... That's for value conscious singaporeans (read: stingy) who may be earning 5 figures.... Even with 5 figure salaries, it is near impossible to own a semi-d in singapore now.....

Even with 5 figures salary in Sgland, the white robbers will come along and take it most of it to pay their sky high salary. End of day, cannot retire, sit back and relax. Maybe have to hope that old MacD will hire you then.

Here I believe even get robbed, still got some change to retire in EL-kind of settings.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
750k, amazing. Thats 30k over what i have heard.

Don't know, Rm750k is what I heard. Actually based on current launch price for clusters at Rm900k+, adjusting for smaller size and adding a premium for immediate occupation, I think Rm800k is a fair price for phase 2 unit.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
No GST on basic essentials (for Malaysia)

WILL the introduction of Goods & Services Tax (GST) impact the cost of living for the rakyat?

In drafting the legislation, the Government has considered the lower income groups and has proposed that the tax will not apply to basic essentials. Similarly education, healthcare, life insurance, loans and public transportation will not be taxed..............

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/10/2/business/12106735&sec=business

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if anybody has posted this: D'apotic Pharmacy is opening their outlet opposite Jusco BI. Gd news i guess for us who buy prescribed medicines here to get more savings. (I always buy for my mum's kidney medicine). Do get their free membership for at least 10% disc n disc vouchers which will be mailed to u every now n then.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if anybody has posted this: D'apotic Pharmacy is opening their outlet opposite Jusco BI. Gd news i guess for us who buy prescribed medicines here to get more savings. (I always buy for my mum's kidney medicine). Do get their free membership for at least 10% disc n disc vouchers which will be mailed to u every now n then.

Thanks narmi for d info, is it located along those new shop houses opp jusco?? Thanks

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
HI my fellow brother Investor,

The best are those Malaysians who stay in ulu places.....

After ten years, they can sell off all their spore and iskandar properties and with about RM20million in their pocket, retire back to their kampong which cost just RM50k.

Real jealous of them.
Hi bro, I come from a small town; but I'm 99% confirm going to settle down in Iskandar and plant my roots here. After more than 20 or 30 yrs working away from my hometown, I have nothing to pull me back, not even the allure of cheap properties and food.

So, although these Msians have such an option, most that I know rarely exercises that option.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those white robbers telling people they are white are in fact rotten inside.. Even those who initially intend to be white end up also become black deep inside.. They will have to pay back one day..and that is beyond us..

Even with 5 figures salary in Sgland, the white robbers will come along and take it most of it to pay their sky high salary. End of day, cannot retire, sit back and relax. Maybe have to hope that old MacD will hire you then.

Here I believe even get robbed, still got some change to retire in EL-kind of settings.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro arsenal, enough MIW stuff, lets keep them in the political page and out of our heads.
Having a lot of troll activity recently so keeping things clear, just do not reply and do not
get engaged no matter what.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Latest shared by a good bro:

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...e-running-out-singapore-sets-sights-on-johor/

The island republic’s growth was being hampered by a lack of physical room for expansion.—Reuters pic

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 3 — Singapore is joining forces with Malaysia to develop Johor into the republic’s new hinterland catering to multinational companies, industry, tourism and housing as the city state finds itself running out of space to expand, reported the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) today.

The financial paper said that the sometimes-frosty relations between the countries were warming up and scepticism over the Iskandar Malaysia special development region were also melting away, helping make Singapore the largest source of investment in Iskandar this year.

Long maligned for crime, projects such as LEGOLAND Malaysia, outlet shopping mall Johor Premium Outlets, and Hello Kitty Town — the first outside Japan — are helping the region take on some lustre and could even make Iskandar the Orlando of Asia, wrote the WSJ.

In startling contrast to the thousands of Malaysian schoolchildren streaming across the causeway every morning, there are now even plans to bus Singaporean students to Johor to attend UK-based Marlborough College — Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton’s alma mater — which opened for admissions this year.

WSJ said that while Singapore initially feared competition from Iskandar, attitudes started to change as it became clearer that the republic was bumping up against its growth limits, with a large percentage of the island now built up and businesses being squeezed by high costs.

Iskandar was conceived during the Abdullah administration and received significant backlash from some conservative Malays who feared that Johor would be swamped by Singaporeans.

The vocal outbursts, including from former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, who reportedly said that Iskandar would help Singapore expand its sovereignty and “drive” Malays into the “forest”, also added to Singaporean concerns about Iskandar.

In 2010, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak managed to resolve the long-standing dispute over Malaysian-owned railway land in Singapore, which led not only to a new era of more cordial relations between the two countries but also several landmark deals including a RM3 billion jointly-developed iconic wellness resort in Iskandar.

WSJ noted that Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said earlier this year that it was in his country’s interest that Iskandar Malaysia should prosper.

Steering some investment from Singapore to the Johor area would also at least help businesses stayed in the region, with some of the jobs and support services potentially benefiting Singapore.

Nicholas Holt, Asia-Pacific director at real-estate company Knight Frank, told WSJ that Singapore’s increasingly vocal support for Iskandar “has inspired confidence.”

He also noted that 2012 may prove to be an inflection point where Iskandar really starts to take off.

Singaporeans are also becoming less wary about moving to Johor, a place they have long associated with crime and lower standards of living, as more of its citizens become tempted by gated communities that offer swimming pools and golf courses, amenities that are largely out of reach back home.

The downside for locals was the surge in prices accompanying Singaporean interest.

WSJ noted that homes prices in Nusajaya have jumped 140 per cent in the past five years, with double-story terrace houses soaring 52 per cent in the last year alone, while apartments now sold for 106 per cent more than in 2010.

Singapore-based expatriates are also increasingly finding Johor more alluring due to the disparity in real estate prices.

The Singapore Straits Times reported last week that a expatriate community working in Singapore but living in Johor is growing in Iskandar, thanks to cheaper and bigger homes.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope no burmese but i know in sabah and sarawak some bumis are staying in spore as spr. They are very educated, have chinese names but they are not malaysian chinese. They are the luckiest lot because the bumi rules apply to them and they themselves are already much more wealthy than the bumis in johor area.

true true bro ... thanks for the clarification.
Also the 'portugese' of melaka are considered bumis although they are catholics and are in effect eurasians... sometimes nice to be born of the right colour. I have not such privilege so I just have to run faster all the time...

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Narmi

This D'apotic Pharmacy shop nearby has any shop that is well known ? i dun wan to go round n round to search for it ...

Thanks

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, I think it is in everyone's interest that a certain minority of expats n sinkies shift over, but not too much to create unrest within the local community. Otherwise, we could see some restrictions on living in JB & working in SG coming to play, if the numbers get too large..... Cost of living will also shoot through the roof.

Malaysians are more vocal than us when it comes to their rights.... In this aspect, we need the Straits Times to continue highlighting the crime situation, as deterrent.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes my good sir, thaz the way to think n forge on ahead in life. Avoid all aggressive n ill meaning creatures.Keep them far, far away , out of sight n out of mind. Meanwhile be kinder to yourself n enjoy the good things n loved ones around u.

As for me, apologies if I gave u the impression that I m overseas somewhere . I m firmly grounded in MY , no other home elsewhere .Just that I m not from Johor state n embarrassing to say , its very foreign to me :o I m the proverbial 'katak di bawah tempurung' ( frog under coconut shell) -i.e. dont travel much for some personal reasons but I will be moving to Nusajaya soon when all my new property matters there are settled.

Anyway, charge on Wuqi n smile a lot. Stay healthy, safe n happy with your loved ones.Remember family comes first :smile:

I see now, good for you. No embarrasment, the country is big enough to explore over a long time. Absolutely respect your privacy. Thanks i will. :smile:

Hongqigong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a good deed too to post honest comment so people can make decision with open eyes..or to discuss and argue over the info..

I have received quite a number of PM regarding my post on the "noise pollution" from Tengah restricted area just opposite Puterie Harbour. Apparently many thought it was a sensitive topic and therefore PM me instead of posting into forums.

Please bear in mind my fellow investors or residents, picture this, you are in your penthouse of imperia facing Singapore coast. Tengah is just 500m away. And do you guys actually know where are the training grounds and base of our F-16s? Tengah Airbase. Lucky from Horizon Hills I dint hear the fighter jets screaming past above me. This is a big problem in some residents living in CCK and it was in forums. And mind you, CCK is about 5km away at least. PH is 500m away.

Believe it or not my friends

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
.....I see now, good for you. No embarrasment, the country is big enough to explore over a long time.Absolutely respect your privacy. Thanks i will. :smile: .........Just realised your moniker is still a mystery.

Appreciate yr understanding good sir. teeheee..did u just realise the mystery in my moniker. :wink:Thought it obvious as I dont reveal much of my personal particulars. Cheers.:smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I have received quite a number of PM regarding my post on the "noise pollution" from Tengah restricted area just opposite Puterie Harbour. Apparently many thought it was a sensitive topic and therefore PM me instead of posting into forums.

Please bear in mind my fellow investors or residents, picture this, you are in your penthouse of imperia facing Singapore coast. Tengah is just 500m away. And do you guys actually know where are the training grounds and base of our F-16s? Tengah Airbase. Lucky from Horizon Hills I dint hear the fighter jets screaming past above me. This is a big problem in some residents living in CCK and it was in forums. And mind you, CCK is about 5km away at least. PH is 500m away.

Believe it or not my friends

Definitely believe you, we posted about hearing training exercises somewhere in LIJB1.
Welcome to share this again.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Appreciate yr understanding good sir. teeheee..did u just realise the mystery in my moniker. :wink:Thought it obvious as I dont reveal much of my personal particulars. Cheers.:smile:

Yes, Ms Mystery. Always do not reveal too much of yourself online. Not even to people like me.
I am one of those who want to know as little as possible about other people. Don't want to know
too much. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey Narmi

This D'apotic Pharmacy shop nearby has any shop that is well known ? i dun wan to go round n round to search for it ...

Thanks

Hi Crystal, there is another pharmacy, very near to the KFC outlet in Nusa Bestari. Just a couple of shops beside it is the Mypharmacy. Sells medicine at quite good rates and some medicine which are not commonly found as well.
I found that their prices are generally good.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi

Yes i been buying from Mypharmacy for yrs , btw , try to buy from the chinese lady , i realised she charged me cheaper than others....the diff could be RM5/pkt lor ....coz some medicines has increased price but this chinese lady will always use back the old prices....
Just wanna try this new pharmacy is it cheaper or not...

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.