• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor Bahru Arts Festival - all during the month of September there are arts events in JB

- music, short films, dancing, photography, Ghazal (love poems), plays, even stand up comedy.

http://malaysia.curiouscatnetwork.c...val-full-calendar-of-events-during-september/

Hi curiouscat

thanks for sharing , perhaps next time can post in this specific thread for easy reference : http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?113506-Event-Calendar-Johor-Bahru-happenings-shows-events

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy Birthday to Malaysia !!!

Hopefully next yr ard this time I am able to light up some fire crackers to join in the fun !

msia flag.jpg

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sis taryn, it's very neighbourly of you to help out the kid. You're the type of neighbour everyone wants in the community. You said you're renting now; have you bought a place in Nusajaya?

Just 2 days ago, seen one SG couple claiming that their SG car was stolen while they were doing their banking at HSBC Nusa Bestari. Stolen in broad daylight (2-3pm).

Can happen anywhere, anytime. So need to put in some preventive measures.
Thanks for the advice and reminder. Will need to be continuously alert.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow , it happened in NB !! seems like the bad guys change their territory liao ....
wondering what model of car was stolen ....
i think stick to kimchi car with dents and scratches like mine should be safe .....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Taryn,

Really good of you to do this, i do hope good things will come your way for the great deed that you have done. Not everyone would have done it.
The world needs more people like you IMHO. Less selfishness, more love.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Crime is always highlighted repeatedly but everyone always forget the kind acts that happens on the road. Gratitude is a rarer commodity then rare earth these days as many just take others for granted. I would like to highlight some gracious acts that recently happened.

Very recently a MY motorist helped my brother in law who had somehow ran out of petrol, as he was stuck going out to SG, the kind motorcyclist actually went back to MY to buy petrol and came back. He could have just continued to his work place and ignore my him but he didn't. He had to swing back to MY, buy petrol and come back on the assumption that my brother in law was still there waiting and did not get a tow truck or another motorist/relative to help him. Just as he was about to call me, the kind chap arrived.

He was really touched and flabbergasted and kept wanting to give money to him but the kind motorist didn't take at all, he just took his money for the petrol, even passed my brother in law the receipt and just drove off, disappearing into the masses of motorcycles quickly.

Another motorist also recently helped out a friend of mine who had engine trouble, he helped her push her car and went to get them more water for the engine. Yet another helped them get a tow truck and informed them that under normal insurance for their MY car, the tow truck service for at least 1 time should be free.

Really grateful for people like these and Taryn.

Last edited:

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Passed by Legoland on my way back home to HH and I got a shock to see the Legoland all carparks FULL. I foresee there could be parking problems once they open. Lets hope they do something about it

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows what is wrong w this pub? We dont see much problems in Overtime stretch along sutera utama and even the pub just metres away from Courts in bukit indah near Libary, i hardly hear of any fights

Maybe this pub never pay 'protection' money...Not sure if this practice is prevalent in Msia

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Passed by Legoland on my way back home to HH and I got a shock to see the Legoland all carparks FULL. I foresee there could be parking problems once they open. Lets hope they do something about it

coz today is PH in malaysia , so most will go there to take the annual pass etc ...
I will go legoland only when exam periods ! hee

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
coz today is PH in malaysia , so most will go there to take the annual pass etc ...
I will go legoland only when exam periods ! hee

But its not even officially opened yet! True they currently allow Annual pass holders to begin redemption. But think about it, once its open, Annual pass holders + daypass holders = big parking problem!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
But its not even officially opened yet! True they currently allow Annual pass holders to begin redemption. But think about it, once its open, Annual pass holders + daypass holders = big parking problem!

ya , so go extremely low period ....
new attraction is like that one .....

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure, just glad to hear that he is ok. Hope that he continues to take it. Life sustaining meds should be free IMHO, always.
I hope that he gets well soon. All the very best.

Wuqi
My mum had a tumor taken out fr her brain last yr. Can use this ssg?

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was the security guard who was alert enough to think of asking us la. When I got back last night, the security guard came out of guard post again to check if we manage to find & send the boy. It was past mid night but we asked for the house number to check on the family. Too bad they are not late sleepers like us so the family was already in bed.

We are in the process of buying, paid the deposit a few months ago. Then we got caught up in stuff & only recently started process of searching bank loan. Now S&P agreement for HH is out but our loan not done yet. Cross fingers & hope they wait or extend S&P signing period. Any body got such experience before? Kinda stressed because of this.

Thanks Wuqi too. You guys are too kind, we really didn't do much compared to so many here who so willingly help others and share their valuable experiences with others.

Sis taryn, it's very neighbourly of you to help out the kid. You're the type of neighbour everyone wants in the community. You said you're renting now; have you bought a place in Nusajaya?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
We are in the process of buying, paid the deposit a few months ago. Then we got caught up in stuff & only recently started process of searching bank loan. Now S&P agreement for HH is out but our loan not done yet. Cross fingers & hope they wait or extend S&P signing period. Any body got such experience before? Kinda stressed because of this.

You are really kind. I understand about the bank loan. There are loan agents (no cost to buyer, only developer) as well as good bankers around still. Best is to check in with your lawyer to ask them to chase the bank. Don't be, i had to be stressed out more than a few times myself, its part and parcel.

Everyone face hardship on the way to the mountain, those who return empty handed are those who gave up at the first sight of falling snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.