• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I agree.. Actually it make sense to get a condo near custom and park your car there.. In Singapore, get a bicycle and lobby govt to have bicycle lane at least from the formal railway track to custom..

So many of my friends have MY cars now, i can't even tell when they are out and about until they honk me. :smile:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
My youngest daughter was made in Malaysia. :smile:

Presume you mean conceived and born in Malaysia

* Enjoying HBO movie in my hot spring hotel in Beitou, Taipei. Service here really rocks, compared to sinkie land where one is usually served by surly foreigners *

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
My youngest daughter was made in Malaysia. :smile:

Bro Wuqi, made in Malaysia is respectable quality.

The news article definitely highlight the confidence that some Singaporeans have in the Malaysian medical industry given that IVF is such a sensitive area of care that not many would want to risk it.

After all, wasn't there a Singapore hospital that got the parentage of the sperms and eggs mixed up?

A good step towards considering alternatives outside Singapore.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro Wuqi, made in Malaysia is respectable quality.

The news article definitely highlight the confidence that some Singaporeans have in the Malaysian medical industry given that IVF is such a sensitive area of care that not many would want to risk it.

After all, wasn't there a Singapore hospital that got the parentage of the sperms and eggs mixed up?

A good step towards considering alternatives outside Singapore.

Thanks, yes it definitely is a good alternative, always good to have choices. :smile:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am just wondering how credible is SP Setia's claim that Sky 88 is 'fully sold'. From what I remember, they were taking RM 10K Cheque as pre-booking. Out of this RM9K was refundable in case the buyer backs out. Also, some of the forumers have credibly claimed that, legally, they have to refund the full amount. The signing of S&P is in October, I believe, and thats when the so called current 'buyers' have to make the full commitment.

Encorp Marina did something similar last year, they took cheques for SGD 3000 as pre-booking. Based on what the agent told me, around 70% did not end up signing the S&P agreement and took a refund. Agreed, the % may not be so high for a SP Setia project since they are a much more solid brand than Encorp, but to me, the project is still far from being 'sold out'.

It seems to me that if the entry and exit commitments are low, lot of people sign up to block a unit and make a firm decision later.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi IR,

Is it possible that those who pre-booked Encorp Marina didn't know the launch price when they placed their booking and they backed out upon seeing the high price subsequently? Those who booked Setia Sky 88 already know the selling price right? I'm not sure too, maybe those who are familiar can shed some light.

Last edited:

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi IskandarRocks, thanks for sharing the info.

It seems to me that there is a gray area for this booking/option fee and refund issue as the existing regulations do not explicitly define situation like deduction for reimbursement of administrative costs in the event buyer aborts before S&P confirmation, given that buyer was fully aware and agreeable when signing on the option form. Hence neither party is entirely right or wrong when dispute arises, usually have to settle for goodwill reasons.

In my opinion, from another perspective if the authority enforces no deduction of adminstrative costs from option fee, developer may not be able to distinguish whether the buyer is genuinely interested. However developer should refund in full (zero admin.fee) if the buyer failed to secure any bank loan, buyers who are financially capable but cancel the purchase for whatever reasons shall be assessed on case to case basis.

Afterall this is a free market and one has to liberty to accept/reject an offer, good luck everyone!

I am just wondering how credible is SP Setia's claim that Sky 88 is 'fully sold'. From what I remember, they were taking RM 10K Cheque as pre-booking. Out of this RM9K was refundable in case the buyer backs out. Also, some of the forumers have credibly claimed that, legally, they have to refund the full amount. The signing of S&P is in October, I believe, and thats when the so called current 'buyers' have to make the full commitment.

Encorp Marina did something similar last year, they took cheques for SGD 3000 as pre-booking. Based on what the agent told me, around 70% did not end up signing the S&P agreement and took a refund. Agreed, the % may not be so high for a SP Setia project since they are a much more solid brand than Encorp, but to me, the project is still far from being 'sold out'.

It seems to me that if the entry and exit commitments are low, lot of people sign up to block a unit and make a firm decision later.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi TrulyAsia:

I agree that this is definitely a Gray Area, and if most of the 'buyers' have agreed to the terms, they may most likely not argue much for the lost RM 1000.

But the point I am trying to make is whether the following statement by the SP Setia executive, and the hype around this, hold credibility:

"All the international units were sold out during the short five-day preview."

I am sure many would disagree, but in my view if it is based an 'option to buy' that costs only RM 1000, this is a bold statement. A commitment for RM 1000 (SGD 400) is not not enough to hold anyone's foot to the fire.

Dont get me wrong, as an investor in Iskandar, I am happy to see a development sell out fast. This clearly demonstrates the rising interest in the region overall. That said, I would rather see such statements made on solid grounds.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
lego train.jpg

STOMPer GeneralStomp says security staff at newly-opened Legoland Malaysia tried to force him to delete pictures he had taken of a train that derailed during his visit.

The STOMPer described the situation:

"I saw this scene at Legoland Malaysia today (Sep 7).

"About a week before opening, I was hoping the system would be well with no hiccups.

"I was in the same train earlier and luckily was safe.

"I hope no one was injured.

"Security prevented me from taking photos and wanted me to delete them from my camera.

"I was intimidated by them too.

"But I decided to share the picture here for all to take note that their security was high-handed although the park was good overall.

"Their desire to shut the public social media out made me want to share it all the more. This is not the way to threaten guests

Status
Not open for further replies.