• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been reading a forum popular with malaysian medium income Chinese. They can easily buy a decent and spacious terrace house for 300+ k rm in a convenient location. Eg nusa sentral. they tend to have bigger family so it's common sense they will go for landed. Just wonder which kind of malaysians will help buy those 60000 units of million dollar condos coming up in the next few years? End up they are banking on Singaporeans to buy them. And if singaporeans not buying fast enough .....

I agree with you, but we never know. People from KL and overseas, including Chinese and other Asian countries may also just snap up the units and Iskandar will grow rich like Shenzhen (China). Then 20 years down the road, when Malaysians are sufficiently rich, demand may match the supply and resale units can be sold without any :*:lelong.

It is inevitable that some SG or SPR will take some units considering the high property prices and rental in Singapore although the high toll fees will always be a sore thumb. There has to be a drastic change in mindset to bring the whole family to their units in JB by public transport. Taxis from Singapore going to JB are seldom heard of and it will cost a lot more than the buses and the future MRT or HSR. The bugbear is the prata making policies and the selective zoning of foreign-owned unit by JB administrators. I think they could then suka-suka impose whatever taxes to placate the voters and shore up their coffers when times are bad.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun generally use second link.

Whats a good time in d mornings?

8?
9?

Yday night the jams at both links were horrendous to say the last.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the good time for crossing is revealed here, it's no longer a good time the next day:smile:

Btw, can someone enlighten me on the economics behind the current hype of building activities in Johor? Where are the medium class jobs that are created or creating across the causeway that will support the 60000 half million to a million dollar households in the next few years, with mortgage payment of 4-5 k rm per month? They don't expect all those people to work in sg and make the daily 3 hrs crossing to and fro, baby and child in tow, don't they?

nusajaya2020

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll try:
- Educity (expanding with 3 more universities ready by 2016)
- Sunway is planning for 2 theme parks, 1 to be announced in next 6 mths
- Hospitality (Fullerton, Oasia hotel and a few others already confirmed at Puteri Harbour)
- Gleneagles Medini
- Creative industry: Pinewood studios
- Ascendas-UEM tech park (phase 1 ready 2016)
- Medini offices (Huawei, Goldbury etc)
- Johor has overtaken Selangor in 2013 as the state with the largest manufacturing investments in Malaysia.

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been reading a forum popular with malaysian medium income Chinese. They can easily buy a decent and spacious terrace house for 300+ k rm in a convenient location. Eg nusa sentral. they tend to have bigger family so it's common sense they will go for landed.
Just wonder which kind of malaysians will help buy those 60000 units of million dollar condos coming up in the next few years? End up they are banking on Singaporeans to buy them. And if singaporeans not buying fast enough .....

I do prefer to be impartial on these matters.and Ido think I am.or am just playing devils advocate .

Yes it does seems it is a very very big undertaking for jb to come with many many condos ANNNNND somehow most often than not A SINGAPOREAN will say - huh what about if SINGAPOREAN won't buy? What will happen to it..I find it amusing that most often SINGAPOREAN would think it is only Singapore or SINGAPOREAN màinly is the major contributor.

It think its useful to remind ourselves to never underestimate the enemy,in this case it's not enemy but rather other than Singapore.

Yes jb govt may not be effecient or as robust BUT do not forget does pouring millions if not billions in coming up with condos or bungalows are not the govt but veteran businessman if not shrewd.if they think they could not make it I'm sure they would not even dare think getting themselves in this projects.

And yes they are others other than SINGAPOREAN.chinese,Indians,ang moh ,indonesian etc also buy for investments or for stay.AND DO NOT FORGET THERE ARE MANY FILTHY RICH AND THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD THESE homes.

It does appear that bcos our $ is more than double than Malaysian...they are poor

In my opinion the Iskandar project is too big to fail.even some condos/sluggish in sales.its just the norm,happens in robust Singapore as well.

If you hear them slashing price does not mean they are losing money miserably.its just the case of getting less profit at certain stage

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with Bubble. Some Malaysians are rich. When Encrop Marina, Teega and Imperia were opened for sales, many units were snapped up by investment-savvy Malaysians and all were sold out within days. Even now, some new units are taken up by Malaysians.....

Yes, Iskandar is too big to fail. But I venture to say that some developments may be sluggish. It happened before and it can happen again, who knows?

If one is travelling to Senai from the CIQ, he could see an old abandoned development near on the right hand side opposite the entrance to Sutera Utama. It is recently demolished and rebuilt I believe by a developer of an adjacent condo project. Then there is the uncompleted PM Mall just outside the CIQ....

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do prefer to be impartial on these matters.and Ido think I am.or am just playing devils advocate .

Yes it does seems it is a very very big undertaking for jb to come with many many condos ANNNNND somehow most often than not A SINGAPOREAN will say - huh what about if SINGAPOREAN won't buy? What will happen to it..I find it amusing that most often SINGAPOREAN would think it is only Singapore or SINGAPOREAN màinly is the major contributor.

It think its useful to remind ourselves to never underestimate the enemy,in this case it's not enemy but rather other than Singapore.

Yes jb govt may not be effecient or as robust BUT do not forget does pouring millions if not billions in coming up with condos or bungalows are not the govt but veteran businessman if not shrewd.if they think they could not make it I'm sure they would not even dare think getting themselves in this projects.

And yes they are others other than SINGAPOREAN.chinese,Indians,ang moh ,indonesian etc also buy for investments or for stay.AND DO NOT FORGET THERE ARE MANY FILTHY RICH AND THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD THESE homes.

It does appear that bcos our $ is more than double than Malaysian...they are poor

In my opinion the Iskandar project is too big to fail.even some condos/sluggish in sales.its just the norm,happens in robust Singapore as well.

If you hear them slashing price does not mean they are losing money miserably.its just the case of getting less profit at certain stage

Biggest Mistake in your Thinking. This could be what gets you killed and/or bankrupted.

Just because say, Rockefeller can invest in something, does not mean that you can. Wake up your ideas and live. Remain in Slumberland. you will Die.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. The crux is holding power.

Places like Teega are bought by people who can barely afford it. Have you seen who are the folks queuing up to buy when it was first launched?
They're definitely not the super rich who can fling a million here or there without much care.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The property market and this forum are both v quiet now. Waiting for announcement of RTS/HSR site & GST implementation to ignite the next round of interest. My friends in Malaysian property market tell me that life is boring now.....haha

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. The crux is holding power.

Places like Teega are bought by people who can barely afford it. Have you seen who are the folks queuing up to buy when it was first launched?
They're definitely not the super rich who can fling a million here or there without much care.

Yes, agree. I was there to take in the spectacle. All kinds of Riff-Raff, some got no Car, even have to take Bus and then hitch a ride to the Balloting Site/Sales Office.(Because no Direct Bus to the Site)

They are just a bunch of Skin Flint opportunists who are sweating it out now with the hew restrictions on Resale imposed by Malaysian and Johor Governments.

A lot of ppl are going to get burnt!!!!!

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
Biggest Mistake in your Thinking. This could be what gets you killed and/or bankrupted.

Just because say, Rockefeller can invest in something, does not mean that you can. Wake up your ideas and live. Remain in Slumberland. you will Die.

WELL WE CAN AGREE TO DISAGREE.EVRYTHING IN LIFE IS NO GUARANTEE.

YOU CAN HAVE YOUR PIECE HERE NO MATTER HOW STRONGLY YOU FEEL ABOUT IT THERE IS NO GUARANTEE WHAT YOU SAY WILL HAPPEN EVEN .ITS SAME WITH ME

WE COULD BE BANKRUPT FOR CHOOSING TO DO WHAT WE BELIEVE POSITIVELY OR YOU COULD EITHER SUCCED AND GUARANTEED FAILURE IF YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING.

MANY YEARS BACK MANY PEOPLE AVOIDED WOODLANDS HDB TILL HDB LOWERED PRICES.Now it's selling at a good price

Of course you will say tats Singapore but Malaysia is different.well do not underestimate the other .it will your BIGGEST mistake

Further people saying those buying/Q-ing are not super rich,does not appear to be able to afford,

Well there are super rich who dress like a pauper....do not judge by appearance only

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dint know about Teega but I heard from my agent the annual income of many buyers in my developments are S$20,000/month. Many stayed in high-end condos and Landed in Singapore

Heard a banker asking a young man what is his income and he replied $20k and banker immediately said NO to his loan request. Buyer was shocked and asked why and banker said $20k is too low cos its only RM 4000 per month.

Ended up young man whispered sorry sorry its per month. Banker immediately said Ok without any further calculations

Yes, agree. I was there to take in the spectacle. All kinds of Riff-Raff, some got no Car, even have to take Bus and then hitch a ride to the Balloting Site/Sales Office.(Because no Direct Bus to the Site)

They are just a bunch of Skin Flint opportunists who are sweating it out now with the hew restrictions on Resale imposed by Malaysian and Johor Governments.

A lot of ppl are going to get burnt!!!!!

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like that. People here are worrying too much for others. So the worst that can happen is just ghost town, no one will bankrupt. Just wonder why earn sgd20k still need take loan. Must be 4 mil penthouse.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will be surprised there are people who got $10 million in the bank and they will still take loan for Car which is $300k. They just want to make use of super low interest rate

I like that. People here are worrying too much for others. So the worst that can happen is just ghost town, no one will bankrupt. Just wonder why earn sgd20k still need take loan. Must be 4 mil penthouse.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will be surprised there are people who got $10 million in the bank and they will still take loan for Car which is $300k. They just want to make use of super low interest rate

Actually interest rates for cars are far from low, when you calculate its effective interest rate........

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk Only

I just read Datok Dr Wee Ka Siong (MCA), a Minister of Malaysia visited Singapore to talk about the toll rates. Before his trip, he said Singapore's LTA was "unjustified" in matching the toll charges of JB. Singapore has said if JB is to rescind the toll charge any time, she will follow suit, but this has not happened. The ball is at JB's court. So it's status quo until someone in KL or JB could see the negative impact of toll hikes on the businesses, Iskandar and JB people.

Status
Not open for further replies.