• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
I came across this condo in Iskandar, called Botanika from this website sandykwanproperty.com
I am really tempted to get this property because it's very reasonably priced and in a very good location. There are also a lot of facilities around and in the condo.
Can anyone advise on this Condo?

It is found under Iskandar icon in the website sandykwanproperty.com

Hopefully those in Iskandar can help!
thanks!

You sandy Kwan or good friend of sandy?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many many condos in JB that I cant rem the names. All sound so alien. I wont buy anything near Woodlands Checkpoints for obvious reason unless a bomb is dropped onto it and the place re-constructed from zero like Nusajaya.

To be honest, from my limited years of experience in retail and F&B, I think R&F Tanjong Puteri has a better chance of developing into a retail/banking hub than any location in Nusajaya. We will see if I am right come 2020.

Marvell

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

I recently bought a condo at Iskandar, wanted to share with you guys since it's about stay in Johor. Anyone heard of Botanika? I bought cos my malaysian friend told me it's a good buy cos it's in zone a, near woodlands checkpoint. Quite reasonably priced also, compared to other developments.

Can check out http://sandykwanproperty.com . there are a lot of info there and tell me if it's a good buy? haha need some reassurance in my buy!

Selinda thanks for the link. Can't tell u anything about Botanika though.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be honest, from my limited years of experience in retail and F&B, I think R&F Tanjong Puteri has a better chance of developing into a retail/banking hub than any location in Nusajaya. We will see if I am right come 2020.

I agree. The commercial hub is at zone A. Nusajaya is a bit touristy.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been reading about this type of news for a decade in The Star & New Straits Time. Gone are the days where police road blocks are common in JB. The police are sleeping back again since 2-3 years time.. zzzzzzz

Published: Friday June 6, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Friday June 6, 2014 MYT 8:24:11 AM

Making it easy for tourists in Johor to lodge police reports

JOHOR BARU: The state police will set up a special international liaison unit to deal with reports lodged by foreigners.

Johor police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said the unit would have English-speaking officers placed at various police stations where there were many tourists.

”We want to be able to address the complaints made by tourists efficiently,” he said after attending a briefing session at the Johor Baru South police station here yesterday.

SDCP Mohd Mokhtar said currently there was a team of six officers from the unit stationed at the state police headquarters while small teams would be placed at other police stations.

“The units will be set up at the Johor Baru South, Johor Baru North and Nusajaya police stations as these areas receive a large number of foreign tourists.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nati...or-tourists-in-Johor-to-lodge-police-reports/

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope so too. My first trip to JB some decades years ago my lady friend brought me to this beach they call it Tanjong Puteri in front of Foon Yew.. and another in Danga Bay.

Yes I must agree things have changed but the lifestyle remains. I have given up roaming in Tanjong Puteri due to many many reports of Sporeans being robbed or hantum so I try to hang around Danga Bay. For 10 years, the place became more lively but I still see the same type of "crowd" if you know what I mean? I feel so odd having dinner there. One thing good is that for the boy-racers, you get to see Protons or Peroduas suddenly souped up to become STIs and Evo X. They are very very loud and if you do not like cars you will hate them. Despite being very loud, they are err... sad to say, slow...They claimed to own Danga Bay Racing Circuit and you get to see them often after 12am.

The police are ineffective against them for 10 years. So imagine all the condos sprout up in 5 years time, are you sure you want to return to YOUR house??

Then I moved to play around 2nd link and realize hey Bukit Indah is very suitable for me. In a few years time, the tide will move towards medina, Sunway iskandar and Puteri Harbour. The first condo to TOP in PH-Medini-Sunway will mark a milestone in the history of Iskandar again. I am so excited over all these.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going JB for a bite? You should packet some bread and have a 3-5 hour picnic in your car. The traffic is horrible these days. My advice is don't go to JB in June and you can save 4-6 hours daily. Why not fly to KL or Penang? Its better than being struck in the jam

thot of going to jb now for a bite but LOOK at the traffic!
in out woodlands and tuas, all like sardines packed!

http://www.jalanow.com/johor-singapore-live-traffic-cam-8080.htm

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going JB for a bite? You should packet some bread and have a 3-5 hour picnic in your car. The traffic is horrible these days. My advice is don't go to JB in June and you can save 4-6 hours daily. Why not fly to KL or Penang? Its better than being struck in the jam

Managed to come in last evening. Took me 1.5 h via causeway. Not too bad. Will be here till Sunday Beautiful day here n JB. Will check out a good time to go back on Sunday.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Iskandar property market has HEATED up again. This time(unlike the last round where most buyers were middle age ones) there are many young couples with small kids, well dressed single young ladies who went with lady friends, young and trendy gay-looking guys looking around for a property in Iskandar! Many buyers from the new generation now. :biggrin:

10411752_10152270654319667_4563423590483510228_n.jpg

10258357_10152270653979667_5578694236418026559_o.jpg

10359173_10152270654184667_7989988205573051505_n.jpg

10453348_10152270654089667_3222866798151249778_n.jpg

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Holiday season so quite a lot of people have time to explore Malaysia properties. Forum viewers have increased as well. But there will be $2 mil RM restriction soon.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iskandar property market has HEATED up again. This time(unlike the last round where most buyers were middle age ones) there are many young couples with small kids, well dressed single young ladies who went with lady friends, young and trendy gay-looking guys looking around for a property in Iskandar! Many buyers from the new generation now. :biggrin:
]

Be careful on those apartment/hotel suites where buyers purchase and lease it back to developer. Most buyers are not aware of the risks, read the term & conditions of the lease agreement eg. maintenance, upgrading, resale, termination etc. Besides, quit rent and property tax, Rental income is taxed at a flat rate of 26% in Malaysia. Don't think of any profit whatever guarantee 6% return if taking bank loan.
The golden lease period is first 5 years. Once the suites and facilities get old, most buyers won't fork out big lump sum of money for upgrading, sometimes being force to use the rental returns for its purpose by the operator. Resale value for these type of property usually negative. It is considered lucky if buyers can get rid off in good time.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be careful on those apartment/hotel suites where buyers purchase and lease it back to developer. Most buyers are not aware of the risks, read the term & conditions of the lease agreement eg. maintenance, upgrading, resale, termination etc. Besides, quit rent and property tax, Rental income is taxed at a flat rate of 26% in Malaysia. Don't think of any profit whatever guarantee 6% return if taking bank loan.
The golden lease period is first 5 years. Once the suites and facilities get old, most buyers won't fork out big lump sum of money for upgrading, sometimes being force to use the rental returns for its purpose by the operator. Resale value for these type of property usually negative. It is considered lucky if buyers can get rid off in good time.

excellent & insightful comments. what do you think of hatten group? recently they push their model (thy were active in melaka) to JB .

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you have a picnic at East Coast Park? No need to jam for 3 hours to and fro :smile:

Managed to come in last evening. Took me 1.5 h via causeway. Not too bad. Will be here till Sunday Beautiful day here n JB. Will check out a good time to go back on Sunday.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yup! No free lunch!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for sharing, Stevewish.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. Saw Berjaya group hotel in KL that had this scheme.
But the unit is pretty old.
The conditions are not ideal. Wear and tear sets in pretty fast especially with the high tenant change.

Status
Not open for further replies.