• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please be wary. if he's pissed with you we dont know if he'll leave things be. I suggest you ask your security to blacklist him or at least be extra careful if he were to come in to work on anyone else's house, ask them to watch out for you.
I am a Malaysian and let me just say that some of my countrymen can be vindictive and even get gangsters to make trouble for you if they perceive they've been done wrong although they're being unreasonable.

This evening I had a surprise visit from Chong or Luis Chong with "2 friends (collect LAN CHANG)" at about 8pm. He told the security that I rang and asked him to come over! He was at the gate and tried to intimidate me and my wife to pay him the balance of the money that I was withholding from him to rectify the mess he has made. He now claims that it was the other contractors mistake and not his and that's why I was withholding the payment.
I refused to speak to him and explained to his "friends" why I was withholding the payment! I told his "friends" that I even recommended work to him, which is quite a few ( I had quite a few PM from fellow forummers, who sent me the quotes that Chong gave them, to ask me whether the quotes were OK! I have told them that it was between Chong and them and that they should discuss the quotes with Chong....!) I told guys that I had no issue with BUT Chong did not tell them everything....

I further informed "his friends" that I got the contractor who did my decking, to quote me the amount to fix the damages done by Chong's man, asking him to quote a reasonable amount as it was Chong'a men who caused he damage. The contractor informed me that the amount he quoted was for the work and material to fix the problem and that he was not making a profit as I had quite a bit of work done by him. Chong then rang the guy because he was not happy about the quote and the guy then rang me back to inform me that he " had a family and he was frightened as he has small children" to look after. He them apologised and said he was "very busy" and could not do my job! This after he quotes me for the job and wanted to know when I want him to start work!
I informed his "friends" that I can give them the contact numbers of the other contractors who have done work on my properties and they can ask them whether I have not paid the for work they did or withheld any payment after they did their work. They looked uncertain after that and my wife told me that one of the guys asked Chong, "..So now how...."l
Be warned this is how Chong will deal with his mistakes. He does not admit it and then tries to get his money through intimidation and threaten to cause grevious bodily harm!!
I went down to the Bukit Indah police station and made a complaint.
I am "washing my hands" of this chap and put all of you on Notice....!!

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way Grago, if i were u, I would not pursue the matter. The last thing i want to do is to defy those contractor. Money wasted can still be earned elsewhere. But your life is irreplaceable.

Last edited by a moderator:

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
This evening I had a surprise visit from Chong or Luis Chong with "2 friends (collect LAN CHANG)" at about 8pm. ..................
Be warned this is how Chong will deal with his mistakes. He does not admit it and then tries to get his money through intimidation and threaten to cause grevious bodily harm!!
I went down to the Bukit Indah police station and made a complaint.
I am "washing my hands" of this chap and put all of you on Notice....!!

Thank you Bro Grago for sharing with us your experience . Be alert n stay safe .

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you ALL for your good thoughts and concerns. Yes, I will be extra vigilant.
An update, he came back this afternoon and sat outside my front gate with his 2 "friends". I rang the Police on their HOTLINE and they were here quite quick. More than 10 guys, uniforms and plain clothes appeared. They spoke to him and me then asked him to leave. I was told that the next time he comes to the gate he will be arrested.
As for those of you whom he is still doing work for, PLEASE be careful.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you ALL for your good thoughts and concerns. Yes, I will be extra vigilant.
An update, he came back this afternoon and sat outside my front gate with his 2 "friends". I rang the Police on their HOTLINE and they were here quite quick. More than 10 guys, uniforms and plain clothes appeared. They spoke to him and me then asked him to leave. I was told that the next time he comes to the gate he will be arrested.
As for those of you whom he is still doing work for, PLEASE be careful.

Is your place gated and guarded? If yes, how did he gain entrance to your development so easily?

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure he has other on-going contract, so he can always asked for access on pretext of his contract there.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is your place gated and guarded? If yes, how did he gain entrance to your development so easily?
Yes it is. He lied to the guard to get access, as he worked on my houses for more than a year. He is a familiar face to them. I have been informed he is now BARRED from entering any precincts in Horizon Hills. He has brought this on himself by his behaviour.......

Last edited:

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes it is. He lied to the guard to get access, as he worked on my houses for more than a year. He is a familiar face to them. I have been informed he is now BARRED from entering any precincts in Horizon Hills. He has brought this on himself by his behaviour.......

But there again, he can wait for you outside HH. 你在明他在暗,just worry for you.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your concern. I have this in hand......

Do take care. It is good to know that you have got this in hand.. It is always good to have someone recommend than go direct to contractors that you do not know. And it is important that you have your contractors' details like their address so that it would not be you are exposed and he is hidden. My experience with these ppl isnvr trust them. Their true colours will show when they think that they have hooked a big fat piece of meat. I have met one uktra friendly but behind that smile is an evil person.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malaysiaboleh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Gregory, my advice is resolve whatever outstanding issues with him face to face. While you have an advantage when you are in HH. But the same cannot be said when you and or family are out of HH. Surely your safety and that of your loved one must assume priority and worth the thousands ringgits.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

be careful, bro.
hope all things turn out well.
personally i don't trust contractor unless it is family friend. i prefer Malay contractor actually. they are not so "pai kia".

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
be careful, bro.
hope all things turn out well.
personally i don't trust contractor unless it is family friend. i prefer Malay contractor actually. they are not so "pai kia".

Yes, unfortunately, they give us Chinese a bad rep..... Actually he was recommended......

Geminipegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, unfortunately, they give us Chinese a bad rep..... Actually he was recommended......
In that case try to get the person who recommended him to you to be the mediator to resolve matters amicably, even if you have to pay them both. Better this than the stress of living in fear for the rest of your time there. We all know that hired help are readily available there! Your family is more important than money.

Twinnigal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bros & Sis,

Can anyone tell me whether I need to install a special antenna or signal amplifier in order to watch Channel News Asia, Channel 5/8/U in Johor?

And do we need to buy a digital TV, or can a normal analogue TV also work to receive these channels?

Cheers

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMO, the best reception can be obtained using the antennas installed on the roof. All the Sg channels can be received except for the HD channels.

If you want to watch digital TV channels of HD channels from Sg, you'll need to buy a TV with built-in digital TV tuner.

Malaysiaboleh

Alfrescian
Loyal

In that case try to get the person who recommended him to you to be the mediator to resolve matters amicably, even if you have to pay them both. Better this than the stress of living in fear for the rest of your time there. We all know that hired help are readily available there! Your family is more important than money.

Getting the help of a mediator make good sense in this instance. We should not lower ourselves to be in line with those who uses strong arm tactics. His "friends" get a lion share of what they collects successfully for him. They will turn uglier the longer the issue drag on. It is advisable to resolve amicably before they turn uglier. Hope all end well my friend as we don't wish any harm to come to you and or your family.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bros & Sis,

Can anyone tell me whether I need to install a special antenna or signal amplifier in order to watch Channel News Asia, Channel 5/8/U in Johor?

And do we need to buy a digital TV, or can a normal analogue TV also work to receive these channels?

Cheers

Normal antenna will do, possible go for active type which has a booster box to amplify the weaker signals eg channel U. I always feel that a booster box is necessary besides better signal quality, it helps to isolate the TV tuner. In case of lighting strike close to your antenna, the booster will damage first which is cheaper to replace than TV tuner.

As Singapore MDA is going for digital broadcast in Free-To-Air this year Dec , go for TV with DVB-T2. channel 5, 8 and CNA will be in digital HD and others digital SD.

I just bought a Sony TV with DVB-T2, currently can receive channel 5 in HD, channel 8 and CNA in SD format, and I'm using normal TV antenna. BTW, the analogue transmission will cease in two years time.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normal antenna will do, possible go for active type which has a booster box to amplify the weaker signals eg channel U. I always feel that a booster box is necessary besides better signal quality, it helps to isolate the TV tuner. In case of lighting strike close to your antenna, the booster will damage first which is cheaper to replace than TV tuner.

As Singapore MDA is going for digital broadcast in Free-To-Air this year Dec , go for TV with DVB-T2. channel 5, 8 and CNA will be in digital HD and others digital SD.

I just bought a Sony TV with DVB-T2, currently can receive channel 5 in HD, channel 8 and CNA in SD format, and I'm using normal TV antenna. BTW, the analogue transmission will cease in two years time.

Does it mean all those analogue TVs without DVB and antenna system will no longer work in 2years time ?

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does it mean all those analogue TVs without DVB and antenna system will no longer work in 2years time ?
Can buy a set-top box to continue receiving the DVB signals, but that will mean a set-top box for each analog TV, unless you want to disconnect/connect each time you watch from a different analog TV.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.