• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
cheerguan, in about a year's time you can be a calafare or real actor at Pinewood Studios. perfect retirement plan in JB

Ha ha, you mean like those appearing for less than 5 secs and straight away kena shot dead type? Rm10 for an hour's job? Actually not too bad, at least can cover ciggies' cost (rm10 a pack). Can consider. Anyway, thanks for your suggestion..

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe can charge them for services like accompanying them esp. for sinkie gals staying there to go shopping centres and makan? But no hanky panky business, ok? Ha ha!
Any potential clients out there?

So when can we start? I know a good corporate secretary to start the business? :biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Folks, for those who have sources of income in MY, Its time to file taxes. Deadline is end of this month, Keep calm and do e-filing:

Again, whatever is in SG is taxed in SG, whatever is in MY is taxed here.

https://spsd.hasil.gov.my/PKI/e/Panduan/eFiling Handbook lw.pdf

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/4/21/focus/12996644&sec=focus

Can read this articles to know what expenses can claim deduction, I roughly read wow so many expenses can claim for personal income tax in Msia...buy computer, pay broadband subscription, medical check up, pay parents medical expense, housing loan interest, even loan interest for buying shares also can claim deduction against dividend income...

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls refer to below link for non-resident tax:

http://www.hasil.gov.my/goindex.php?kump=5&skum=1&posi=2&unit=1&sequ=1

You are non-resident under Malaysian tax law if you stay less than 182 days in Malaysia in a year, regardless of your citizenship or nationality.

Non-resident individual is taxed at a different tax rate on income earned/received from Malaysia.

Non-resident Tax rate

Types Of Income

Rate (%)

Business, trade or profession
Employment
Dividends
Rents

Public Entertainer
Interest

Royalty

Payments for services in connection with the use of property or installation, operation of any plant or machinery purchased from a non-resident

Payments for technical advice, assistance or services rendered in connection with technical management or administration of any scientific, industrial or commercial undertaking, venture, project or scheme

Rent or other payments for the use of any movable property

You will not be taxable if

Employed in Malaysia for less than 60 days

Employed on board a Malaysian ship

Age 55 years old and receiving pension from Malaysian employment

Receiving interest from banks

Receiving tax exempt dividends

If taxable, you are required to fill in M Form .

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
My conclusion is if you are living in JB and work in SG, you can be considered tax resident for both countries and entitled to tiered income taxation, and tax reliefs. Win-win

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
My conclusion is if you are living in JB and work in SG, you can be considered tax resident for both countries and entitled to tiered income taxation, and tax reliefs. Win-win

We are Singaporean, living in JB and work in SG. We do not have any income from MY. So do we still have to file tax in MY?
Kindly advise, thanks.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
We are Singaporean, living in JB and work in SG. We do not have any income from MY. So do we still have to file tax in MY?
Kindly advise, thanks.

No need to pay any tax in Malaysia if you do not have any income sourced within/from Malaysia. All RGPT is handled by your lawyer when selling properties so no need to declare them in your personal income tax either.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ha ha, you mean like those appearing for less than 5 secs and straight away kena shot dead type? Rm10 for an hour's job? Actually not too bad, at least can cover ciggies' cost (rm10 a pack). Can consider. Anyway, thanks for your suggestion..

That type is me hahaha, can consider going into business here, legit types of course.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to pay any tax in Malaysia if you do not have any income sourced within/from Malaysia. All RGPT is handled by your lawyer when selling properties so no need to declare them in your personal income tax either.

Thank you wuqi. Please take care.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry let me clarify, if I own rental properties in Msia, live in one property in JB, work in SG and rent out my SG property, i enjoy being tax resident status in MY and SG. Tats what i meant.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks, but doing business is not for me. Knowing my own character, sure have lots of bad debts (too soft hearted).

Understand, which was why even though folks invited me a few times to do biz, i seldom if ever go into any. Being too softhearted makes one naturally a bad businessman. Besides, i take friendship too seriously so worst outcome in a biz venture (for me) is not losing money but rather losing a friend.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand, which was why even though folks invited me a few times to do biz, i seldom if ever go into any. Being too softhearted makes one naturally a bad businessman. Besides, i take friendship too seriously so worst outcome in a biz venture (for me) is not losing money but rather losing a friend.

Imagine when I sold my only house here in Sg recently, the buyer even thanked me for selling it at a very good price to him. Looks like the suggestion by Contra to take up calefare job at Pinewood Studio for retirement is very suitable for us both. Ha ha.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine when I sold my only house here in Sg recently, the buyer even thanked me for selling it at a very good price to him. Looks like the suggestion by Contra to take up calefare job at Pinewood Studio for retirement is very suitable for us both. Ha ha.

You should have leased it to him and keep a base in Singapore. Or just happy to leave everything behind?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro Wuqi

Maybe you should make friends with money more! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.