• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
If all else fails, maybe you should get your own CCTV and cover your own property but get a few powerful IR Lamps. Make sure the Lamps shine into his CCTV.
It will degrade the performance of his CCTV camera, imagine you are shinning head lights on his camera. For his camera to work properly he will have to tilt down the angle of his camera and not be aiming directly to your house. However this will only work at night when the IR lamps are effective.

Good points, the other way is to have such lights but the normal flood light types shining directly over to degrade his camera performance as well as to irritate him. There are many other ways to deal with a camera especially from a distance such as a laser pointer. That should still be the last resort though as doing all these may escalate things further. Best to just wear him out as he is the one spending money just to irritate someone.

I know of several datuks in HH but to the best of my knowledge, none of them act like that especially a newly minted datuk who is a very nice chap.

I like Powerful IR lamps better, Low wattage and invisible to the naked eyes, so you are still a good neighbour.
Floodlights eats electricity and generate a lot of heat. It is glaring also to your other good neighbours.
Floodlight will be too confrontational and may encourage him to tic for tat. :(

Maybe Grago will just have to buy over his friend's Bungalow in the Hills and move there. :smile:

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for that advice, but a dog barking would disturb the other neighbours, beside I have Muslim neighbours whom I must respect.
Commiserations for having to suffer a nightmare nextdoor neighbour (Latin genus Nahbay Nayber).

No extra special treatment needed towards Muslim neighbours. Just do what considerate responsible dog owners practice. Train them well especially not to bark incessantly and not think you are doing the whole taman a favour by letting them directly fertilize common lawns and trees.

its not taboo for Muslims to own dogs actually. Having a guard, shepherd or guide dog is not wrong. On a landed estate, you have space to build a kennel so don't need for the dog to come into the house.

The only requisite is they must watch every episode of Cesar Millan before getting a dog.

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree with FHBH12.
Rental will continue to rise due to increase in population and scarcity of land.
They will move to JB , it is a matter of time.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
A very good Chinese TCM physician, his clinic is at his home at:
22, Jalan makmur 44(lunch 12-1.30pm, closed on Thu), its very near Nusa Bestari. Very competent and kind. He knows the Wu Qin Xi (5 animals play or exercise) as well as other Qigong and gave us advice on health.

He did bloodletting ........
Lots of accupuncture and blood letting later (of which very dark blood which had became very gel-like came out) and we were all covered in bandages....... what he said of general health tips here:............

Yieekss!!!:eek: Seems you have had an interesting but bloody experience there. :biggrin:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Met up with a few good people as well as had a bad experience at Kinsahi recently in Bukit Indah (went there for lunch on my special day)

A very good Chinese TCM physician, his clinic is at his home at:
22, Jalan makmur 44(lunch 12-1.30pm, closed on Thu), its very near Nusa Bestari. Very competent and kind. He knows the Wu Qin Xi (5 animals play or exercise) as well as other Qigong and gave us advice on health.

Cool! Thanks for the info Wuqi kor kor, will pull my mama there. View attachment 8917
The place is near Taman Nusa Bestari Jaya, but at Taman Damai Jaya, main road is Jalan Aman.

potter

any idea any nearby landmark like banks or famous shop ? thanks

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
potter

any idea any nearby landmark like banks or famous shop ? thanks

yr car map navigator bo show huh..? let u know tonite..beri easy to go one la..1 kopi pls.. titter.gif

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
it never works with roads names , landmark will be better

If going along Nusa Bestari, you will see Ah Koon on your right, turn left after that and go straight until you see a car repair shop that says 500, continue along that and turn into the road.

22 Jalan Makmur 44
Taman Damai Jaya, 81300 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Full directions from Bukit Indah:

Driving directions to 22 Jalan Makmur 44, Taman Damai Jaya, 81300 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia 3D2D

- more info »
Bukit Indah
Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

1. Head north toward Lebuhraya Hubungan Kedua Malaysia - Singapura
850 m
2. Merge onto Lebuhraya Hubungan Kedua Malaysia - Singapura
2.8 km
3. Continue onto Jalan Persisiran Perling
700 m
4. Continue onto Persisiran Perling
1.0 km
5. Take the ramp to Jalan Skudai
400 m
6. Keep right at the fork to continue toward Jalan Skudai
230 m
7. Slight left onto Jalan Skudai
1.9 km
8. Turn left onto Jalan Sutra Danga
56 m
9. Continue onto Jalan Sutera Danga
3.6 km
10. Turn right onto Jalan Selesa Jaya
1.0 km
11. Turn right onto Jalan Aman
650 m
12. Make a U-turn at Jalan Aman 1
97 m
13. Turn left onto Jalan Makmur 39
110 m
14. Take the 3rd right onto Jalan Makmur 44
Destination will be on the right

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
6 mil by 2020 in Singapore is quite scary. It gives me confidence the JB properties will continue to go up in value.

Its will be good for JB and even better for SG. Actually this 6 mil population thing can work. SG just needs better infrastructure planning. Its too bad for the civil service that I have too many skeletons in the closet, if not I would join them.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Commiserations for having to suffer a nightmare nextdoor neighbour (Latin genus Nahbay Nayber).

No extra special treatment needed towards Muslim neighbours. Just do what considerate responsible dog owners practice. Train them well especially not to bark incessantly and not think you are doing the whole taman a favour by letting them directly fertilize common lawns and trees.

its not taboo for Muslims to own dogs actually. Having a guard, shepherd or guide dog is not wrong. On a landed estate, you have space to build a kennel so don't need for the dog to come into the house.

The only requisite is they must watch every episode of Cesar Millan before getting a dog.

Haha, nice one.... Actually I had a chat with the Township Manager who is also trying o resolve this amicably. After that conversation with him, I think I better get Cesar Milan's DVD for that neighbour. He "NEEDS Training" apparently he's lacking in that Deparment, an oversight during his formative years:eek:.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like Powerful IR lamps better, Low wattage and invisible to the naked eyes, so you are still a good neighbour.
Floodlights eats electricity and generate a lot of heat. It is glaring also to your other good neighbours.
Floodlight will be too confrontational and may encourage him to tic for tat. :(

Maybe Grago will just have to buy over his friend's Bungalow in the Hills and move there. :smile:

I'm seriously considering both suggestions.....:rolleyes:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should be happy that someone is offering you protection. If anything happens to your house, just tell the police your neighbour has cameras pointing at your house and the police will disturb him.

Seriously, of all the residents staying and loitering around Malaysia, the most attitude problems are those Singapore PRs BUT MALAYSIANS aged 45 and above. This is my personal observations. Many stayed in Singapore all their life, became rich due to HDBs or condos sale etc and Sing dollars and when they stay back in Malaysia, they drive Spore cars like Daytona on NS highways and on the road as they know how screwed up the polis is and with bribes they get away all the time, thus making many natives Malaysians think that Sporeans are arrogant.

So far I have never encountered arrogant real Sporeans in Malaysia. All want low or LOW profile. All kiasu but kiasi. Its a good thing

Your not wrong there Investor5, the Singaporeans I've met and those who are i am acquainted with are anything but arrogant and boorish. I am trying to get them to "come over" to trying and get a piece of the good fortune we here are experiencing........
His wife is Malaysian and is as bad as him. Him, I quess is the person in your description BUT NOT All Malaysian who are PR's are like that, some are actually very nice and humble. The ones with the attitude are the ones that have a HUGE CHIP on the shoulders like him. He brags that he's paid Rm1 mil. For his house and that he has paid for the Reno and pays for it in CASH..... Wow, he's sure rolling in it. Maybe he should have bought a Bungalow instead of a SD......

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
No extra special treatment needed towards Muslim neighbours. Just do what considerate responsible dog owners practice. Train them well especially not to bark incessantly and not think you are doing the whole taman a favour by letting them directly fertilize common lawns and trees. Its not taboo for Muslims to own dogs actually.

Do note that to have a dog legally, you'll need to have it licensed. If your immediate neighbor is a Muslim, you'll need to seek for his consent on the application form for your dog's license. This is mandatory in Johor at least.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
If going along Nusa Bestari, you will see Ah Koon on your right, turn left after that and go straight until you see a car repair shop that says 500, continue along that and turn into the road.

22 Jalan Makmur 44
Taman Damai Jaya, 81300 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Full directions from Bukit Indah:

Driving directions to 22 Jalan Makmur 44, Taman Damai Jaya, 81300 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia 3D2D

- more info »
Bukit Indah
Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

1. Head north toward Lebuhraya Hubungan Kedua Malaysia - Singapura
850 m
2. Merge onto Lebuhraya Hubungan Kedua Malaysia - Singapura
2.8 km
3. Continue onto Jalan Persisiran Perling
700 m
4. Continue onto Persisiran Perling
1.0 km
5. Take the ramp to Jalan Skudai
400 m
6. Keep right at the fork to continue toward Jalan Skudai
230 m
7. Slight left onto Jalan Skudai
1.9 km
8. Turn left onto Jalan Sutra Danga
56 m
9. Continue onto Jalan Sutera Danga
3.6 km
10. Turn right onto Jalan Selesa Jaya
1.0 km
11. Turn right onto Jalan Aman
650 m
12. Make a U-turn at Jalan Aman 1
97 m
13. Turn left onto Jalan Makmur 39
110 m
14. Take the 3rd right onto Jalan Makmur 44
Destination will be on the right

Ah Tiong, as promised.. see u can read map or not..titter.gif u start from moochi moochi condo..
20130129_212312.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.