• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living condition getting worse in Admiralty Link, Sembawang

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 04 Apr, 2009 09:46
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Dust from shipyard gets blown into Sembawang residents' homes

STOMPer Mike Lim says that living conditions in Admiralty Link are getting worse, especially when dust from the nearby shipyard gets blown into residents’ homes.

In his MMS to STOMP yesterday (Apr 3), the STOMPer wrote:

“Living condition getting worse in Admiralty Link, Sembawang.

“And we mop and wipe every two days. The authorities must help us residence stop Sembawang Shipyard from ship-blasting everyday and night.

“We can actually see like a `sand-storm` rising at the shipyard nearly every two nights, then it gets windy.

“It is blowing right into our homes and our lungs.”

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
No money, that is why stay in Woodlands. Earn more and live somewhere else fool. Shipyards bring in foreign revenue.

Super_Hypocrite

Alfrescian
Loyal
My question to the Gahmen is this, the shipyard must have been there for a very long time,,so how come a residential area is built so close to the shipyard? is that not an environmental pollution and health issue? In a 1st world country, the gahmen will be taken to court by the residence for endangering them,,,but in the 3rd world, its common.

SO with such urban planning, Singapore is 3rd world,..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My question to the Gahmen is this, the shipyard must have been there for a very long time,,so how come a residential area is built so close to the shipyard? is that not an environmental pollution and health issue? In a 1st world country, the gahmen will be taken to court by the residence for endangering them,,,but in the 3rd world, its common.

You just ask a GOlden question, the same 'shortie' was the Minister for Environment when the HDB was building flats closer shipyard, is now the same 'shortie' who is now in HDB!..so go figure out!..1st class!:biggrin:

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wanted to purchase a 5 room in sembawang....with condition like this, i'm going to other town instead

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal

On aircon 24/7 and you have a very clean enviroment. Unless you are prepared to live in the urban area , you HDB shall be subjected to all enviromental polution of this nature. West (jurong) area there;s lots of factories there, east (bedok, tampines) area - noise polution from the aeroplanes landing and taking off from Changi. Chua Chu kang - smelly chicken dung. Punggol - smelly Lorong Halus. At the end of the day, you buy that place bcos it is relative cheap compared to other sub urban area.

Super_Hypocrite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, cost is a factor,,,but for CCK and Punggol, those farms were taken over to make way for the residents,,so its no longer a health issue as its for redevelopment,,,the shipyard has been there for yonks,,and Jurong WEst has many factories and is an industrial area,,,so my question again to the Gahmen is how come such areas which are polluting has been designated residential areas? as it is clearly is a health and environmental problem??

Even if its free land and unsafe the gahmen should not build residential areas in such places as its not safe...

and of course the gahmen can put in pollution restrictions to make the place safer so than can it become residential? I say again, in a 1st world country such unsafe areas will not be designated as residential and the department will be taken to court and sued and will compensate the residents as its the department that allow such unsafe practice..

1st world country with 3rd world policies,,,

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

During the Golden Years, our smart scholars who have no industrial knowlegde, thought that shipyards were sunset industry, they closed many shipyards in Tanjong Rhu and Telok Blangah to earn money from the booming
real estate developments, by the time it came to Sembawang's time to be closed down, Singapore was in a downhill slide and many industries were packing up to relocate, so overnight, shipyard's became the 'star' preformers in the economy, so the shipyard stayed in Sembawang but unfortunately the plans to develop the Admiralty area as a HDB town continued that is why the flats are so near the shipyard.

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah yeah, i think you veri right and speak the tooth!

75% voters voted for PAP at the GRC, they should be happy with the dirt.

Vote for PAP, take the money and KPKB, how can right ? No gentleman, take money already must see no devil, hear no devil.

To our beloved PAP government, earning foreign revenue is much more important than your health. Cause You die your own business.

If you fall sick indirectly because of my shipyard dust, is even better for me cause I PAP had invested a number of good hospitaities in Singapore for example Raffles Hospital. If you kanna any kind of cancer problems or sickness is much better for me as I PAP can indirectly earned another source of revenue from you for treating your cancer or sickness problems.

So it is a double win-win situation for me. Hooray!!! Long live PAP!!!
:rolleyes:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Small matter lah. Won't die one. Listen to the wisdom of Jah_rastafar_I

"What do u guys think?

Also SG has a majority pop of 75% chinese whom made the country what it is today. If the % were changed say more malays would SG be better or worse?"

- Jah_rastafar_I
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.p...20Singaporeans.

Posted on 04 Apr, 2009 09:46
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Dust from shipyard gets blown into Sembawang residents' homes

STOMPer Mike Lim says that living conditions in Admiralty Link are getting worse, especially when dust from the nearby shipyard gets blown into residents’ homes.

In his MMS to STOMP yesterday (Apr 3), the STOMPer wrote:

“Living condition getting worse in Admiralty Link, Sembawang.

“And we mop and wipe every two days. The authorities must help us residence stop Sembawang Shipyard from ship-blasting everyday and night.

“We can actually see like a `sand-storm` rising at the shipyard nearly every two nights, then it gets windy.

“It is blowing right into our homes and our lungs.”

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Super_Hypocrite

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the Golden Years, our smart scholars who have no industrial knowlegde, thought that shipyards were sunset industry, they closed many shipyards in Tanjong Rhu and Telok Blangah to earn money from the booming
real estate developments, by the time it came to Sembawang's time to be closed down, Singapore was in a downhill slide and many industries were packing up to relocate, so overnight, shipyard's became the 'star' preformers in the economy, so the shipyard stayed in Sembawang but unfortunately the plans to develop the Admiralty area as a HDB town continued that is why the flats are so near the shipyard.

Thanks for the info,,, but it just shows the incompetance of the gahmen and they are not efficient, the bottom line is housing should not be built in such an area, if the shipyards remain, the residential plan has to change as its a health and environmental issue and its in the law,,,so if they go ahead they are in the wrong and in a proper country they should be sued and taken to court and thrown into jail as its harming the public,,they have failed in their duty,,

but also since these people in the GRC voted for PAP they deserve the PAP crap...however, where is the rule of law in this?

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
You just ask a GOlden question, the same 'shortie' was the Minister for Environment when the HDB was building flats closer shipyard, is now the same 'shortie' who is now in HDB!..so go figure out!..1st class!:biggrin:

This is very smart urban planning!

HDB helps block all the dirt and soot from blowing further inland. So the FTs and Elites who live at Bukit Timah and Faber Hill no need to kenna soot and dirt in their multimillion dollar good class bungalows.

FTs and Elites must be kept happy for more good years. If they leave Singapore, Singapore will 'go back to a Southeast Asian situation' (i.e. go to Hell. PAP logic endorsed by 66.6%, not by me)

Peesai peasant voted for PAP, so obviously peasants endorse PAP policies. Peesai peasant choose to live at Admiralty, when they can easily beg PAP to give them a pigeonhole at Sengkang or Buangkok next to IMH. So peesai peasant brought this upon themselves.

What is wrong?
:cool::cool: