• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Supporters fall in here!!! Season 2008/09

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
5-1 (Gerrard brace; Hyppia, Babel and Alonso), Reds have finally thrown down the gauntlet to the other Big 3 plus Villa. Liverpool enter 2009 #1 and this result was away and without Torres and Keane on the pitch, so hopefully things can only get better in 2009.:cool:

Wayne Piew you have been warned:wink:

Come you Reds:smile:

YNWA

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
5-1 (Gerrard brace; Hyppia, Babel and Alonso), Reds have finally thrown down the gauntlet to the other Big 3 plus Villa. Liverpool enter 2009 #1 and this result was away and without Torres and Keane on the pitch, so hopefully things can only get better in 2009.:cool:

Wayne Piew you have been warned:wink:

Come you Reds:smile:

YNWA

Yada Yada, against a crappy side like Newcastle, Loserfools only flatter to deceive.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These Loserfools supporters really has no shame. Another draw, the fifth in a row, and here there are talking about this being their so-called season. It will be tears yet again in May 09 for them.:biggrin:

Excuse me, last time your team were top at Xmas back in 96 with the Spice Boys, but it all ended with tears with a 4th place finish in May 97.:rolleyes:

History will repeat itself.
Yada Yada, against a crappy side like Newcastle, Loserfools only flatter to deceive.

This are the last few posts by Piew on this thread. I don't mind non-Liverpool supporters posting here but his posts are nothing interesting, worthy of further discussions. These are the quality, everyone can see for themselves.

I have not ever entered this section Man Utd thread and is not interesting in reading too. I have no idea what the Liverpool supporters have been posting inside Man Utd thread but this Piew fellow posts here are starting to annoy me.

I have no problems with tease, taunts and jeers of other teams but please no anti-Liverpool remarks on a Liverpool thread and likewise no anti-Chelsea posts on a Chelsea thread.

You guys are free to start 10 anti-Liverpool threads in this section but not inside this thread.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro Piew,
if you still continue to post this type of post,then I believe you will not be welcome in other thread except Manchester United's own thread.

stating facts is good but there is really no need to use the nick for Liverpool.
just use Liverpool and nothing else.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forget about Wayne Piew chaps, let him say what he wants it is a free forum afterall. Let the Reds speak from the field. Rejoice Reds fans as I think IT is finally coming home after 19 years, believe and rejoice:cool:

Btw I just can't wait for Feb when Liverpool take on Real Madrid, what a two legged cracker this shall turn out to be: Rafa's homecoming at the Bernabeu and then the return at Anfield:smile:

YNWA

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forget about Wayne Piew chaps, let him say what he wants it is a free forum afterall. Let the Reds speak from the field. Rejoice Reds fans as I think IT is finally coming home after 19 years, believe and rejoice:cool:

Btw I just can't wait for Feb when Liverpool take on Real Madrid, what a two legged cracker this shall turn out to be: Rafa's homecoming at the Bernabeu and then the return at Anfield:smile:

YNWA

The problem with Wayne DIEWWWWW is he must have lost plenty of money betting agst Pool. And another thing is, Wayne Pei Yan DIEW have no balls to inform the world whom he supports. Of coz when Liverpool's on top & the likes of Chelski, ARSEnal or Man Pei Yan Tiu are nowhere near the perch, dont think he dared to confess the team he's supporting.
Im guessing ARSEnal coz his sporadic jabs sounds like ARSEne Wanker

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have problems with Piews anti-Liverpool postings only because he made those posts in the Liverpool Supporters thread. There's a reason why there are Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal Supporters thread. I see no point to explain further.

No problem if anyone want to make a "Let all laugh at Liverpool thread" in this section. But just don't post it here.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I think he is a Red Devils supporter, look at his avatar with George Best's photo:wink:

Oops now it looks to have been replaced with Fergie's photo:smile:

The problem with Wayne DIEWWWWW is he must have lost plenty of money betting agst Pool. And another thing is, Wayne Pei Yan DIEW have no balls to inform the world whom he supports. Of coz when Liverpool's on top & the likes of Chelski, ARSEnal or Man Pei Yan Tiu are nowhere near the perch, dont think he dared to confess the team he's supporting.
Im guessing ARSEnal coz his sporadic jabs sounds like ARSEne Wanker

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I think he is a Red Devils supporter, look at his avatar with George Best's photo:wink:

Oops now it looks to have been replaced with Fergie's photo:smile:

George best is already dead-o. And his playing days are filled with violence, alcoholism & womanising. hardly a good model to young fans. The best part, Best is only good in MU but he's nothing in the World arena. His beloved Northern Ireland didnt qualify for any WC nor any European Cups. So his "skills" are best reserved for club football. I would rate Pat jennings as a better footballer. He's clean, quiet & best of all, he did play in WC 82 Espana. N ireland did top their group though, by defeating host Spain 1-0.

As for fergie, he's won everything except World Cup honors. At least Beckenbauer & Zagallo were more successful in club, country & as the manager of their native country. Can fergie emulate that? Prove it to me lor......My odds is 2,500 : 1 that Fergie will not even want to coach Scotland.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

I think you are being abit unfair to both Best and Fergie.

If you watch old matches of Best at his best (pardon the pun) you may realise that he was a true genius with the ball. He probably stands in the same league with the likes of Maradona, Pele and Cruyff, yes I think he was that good. His off the pitch character should in no way detract from that genius.

As for Fergie, well I think his record speaks for itself. He has built 3 generations of the best English club football and at times European club as well. I hate his guts but I still have to respect his record.

Cheers

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

I think you are being abit unfair to both Best and Fergie.

If you watch old matches of Best at his best (pardon the pun) you may realise that he was a true genius with the ball. He probably stands in the same league with the likes of Maradona, Pele and Cruyff, yes I think he was that good. His off the pitch character should in no way detract from that genius.

As for Fergie, well I think his record speaks for itself. He has built 3 generations of the best English club football and at times European club as well. I hate his guts but I still have to respect his record.

Cheers

Your statement is fair.
My statement on Georgie is based on the state of English football at that time. Long punts, brute strengths, no flair. So currents mediocre EPL players like eg Fletcher, Oshea or even Phil Neville can be the George Best during the period.
Best has the benefit of naive English defenders & thats where he waves his "magic". Sadly to say, he didnt play for any top European club except some retirement MSL clubs. So where do we draw his greatness from? Of coz many people did not see his "greatness". But I did. I did also see Pele & Cruyff's greatness as well& I would rate them better than Best.
As for Fergie achievements, i can only honor Paisley. probably the most successful manager in Britain. And he's done it with only the British Isles players, a feat not likely to be emulated.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your statement is fair.

As for Fergie achievements, i can only honor Paisley. probably the most successful manager in Britain. And he's done it with only the British Isles players, a feat not likely to be emulated.

Alex Ferguson did a great job but I wouldn't compare him to Paisley as they are in different era. pretty pointless comparing Ferqie 10 titles in 22 years to Paisley 3 ECL in 6 years either.

In life, you must be the right man for the movement at the right time. Ferguson barely held on to his job when his Man Utd Side couldn't match Liverpool all conquering side of 1986-1990. Man Utd destiny came when Liverpool fell into sharp decline from 1990. Arsenal was never a strong enough power to be number 1. Man Utd seized the opportunity during the 90s and dominated English football for the next 12 years.

Ferguson had a great team. But the fact is there was a power vacuum in EPL during that time. The 90s EPL was weak with only 1 real power ( Man Utd ) His predecessor Ron Atkinson would have won the league in the 90s too.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
George best is already dead-o. And his playing days are filled with violence, alcoholism & womanising. hardly a good model to young fans. The best part, Best is only good in MU but he's nothing in the World arena. His beloved Northern Ireland didnt qualify for any WC nor any European Cups. So his "skills" are best reserved for club football. I would rate Pat jennings as a better footballer. He's clean, quiet & best of all, he did play in WC 82 Espana. N ireland did top their group though, by defeating host Spain 1-0.

As for fergie, he's won everything except World Cup honors. At least Beckenbauer & Zagallo were more successful in club, country & as the manager of their native country. Can fergie emulate that? Prove it to me lor......My odds is 2,500 : 1 that Fergie will not even want to coach Scotland.

Precisely, football is a team sport. You need an equally good supporting cast to win tournaments. Fergie may not have won any WC honors but that doesn't make him less of a good manager. As much as I hate to say this, his achievements speak for themselves. By the same token, does it mean Paisley or Joe Fagan is a bad manager?

Beckenbauer and Zagallo led their country to WC honors because they were blessed with talents and most of all leaders. The German FA can offer the Kaiser millions to coach the current team but I can bet you he will never take it up.Same with Zagallo.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your statement is fair.
My statement on Georgie is based on the state of English football at that time. Long punts, brute strengths, no flair. So currents mediocre EPL players like eg Fletcher, Oshea or even Phil Neville can be the George Best during the period.Best played during the era when England won the World Cup in '66. Are they that bad?
Best has the benefit of naive English defenders & thats where he waves his "magic".You mean weave? He was either to drunk or the English defenders are REALLY bad. So I take it the world has gotten rid of all the naive defenders?

Sadly to say, he didnt play for any top European club Wat about Man U?except some retirement MSL clubs.

So where do we draw his greatness from?The toilet bowl? Of coz many people did not see his "greatness". But I did. I did also see Pele & Cruyff's greatness as well& I would rate them better than Best.

Aiyah, the long and short of it all is Best and Fergie are RED DEVILS and you just can't stand them!!!!:smile:

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beckenbauer and Zagallo led their country to WC honors because they were blessed with talents and most of all leaders. The German FA can offer the Kaiser millions to coach the current team but I can bet you he will never take it up.Same with Zagallo.

Why should Der Kaiser or Zagallo want to coach their national teams again? They already won it, thus, have nothing else to prove. Someone ought to probe this question to Alex F.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah, the long and short of it all is Best and Fergie are RED DEVILS and you just can't stand them!!!!:smile:

Not true. Best is over-rated.

England did won the 66' WC edition. But were they dominant? I suggest you try to find any archives videos & watch how England won the WC with the help of officials. Im glad the Hands of Maradona evened things out eventually.

Best & MU won the 67-68 European cup once nia, after which they slipped into oblivion. The 1960s were dominated by real & both Milan teams. The 70s belonged to Bayern, Ajax & liverpool as evident with their 77 & 78 triumphs followed by 81 & 84. MU leh?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I think you are being a unfair once again bro. So are you saying the generation of Law, Giles, Bremner, Charlton, Hunter, Clarke, Lee, Bell, Marsh, Moore, Ball, Hunt etc was just plain Wimbledon and Bolton? Oh and did you catch Best's performances in the European Cup games?

Bob Paisley no doubt deserves to be up there amongst the all time best managers of English Club football together with the likes of Don Revie, Matt Busby, Brian Clough, Herbert Chapman, Stan Cullis and of course Shanks. In fact it was a shame that he was never knighted for his contributions to the game. But Fergie still stands out among the very best with that big treble in 1999 and 10 league titles (hate to say it and counting perhaps), something which even Bob was unable to achieve during his illustrious tenure at Anfield.

Your statement is fair.
My statement on Georgie is based on the state of English football at that time. Long punts, brute strengths, no flair. So currents mediocre EPL players like eg Fletcher, Oshea or even Phil Neville can be the George Best during the period.
Best has the benefit of naive English defenders & thats where he waves his "magic". Sadly to say, he didnt play for any top European club except some retirement MSL clubs. So where do we draw his greatness from? Of coz many people did not see his "greatness". But I did. I did also see Pele & Cruyff's greatness as well& I would rate them better than Best.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps, but then again Champagne Ron was given loads of $$$ when he was in the hot seat at Old Trafford and still he failed to produce the long awaited league title. And that was with the likes of Stapleton, Whiteside and Captain marvel Robson were in the squad.

Ferguson had a great team. But the fact is there was a power vacuum in EPL during that time. The 90s EPL was weak with only 1 real power ( Man Utd ) His predecessor Ron Atkinson would have won the league in the 90s too.