• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Season 2009-10

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as it's unlikely for Everton to catch it now.
'Unlikely' is not 'impossible'.
Mathematically speaking, it is still possible for Liverpool to be 4th just as it is still possible for Everton to finish ahead of Liverpool.

Afterall, the Toffees are a mere 5 points behind Liverpool.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This season, all the major European Leagues are dead close, a matter of 1 or 2 points separate the eventual champions & runner-ups.

In Italy, it is between Roma & Inter.
In Spain, between Real Madrid & Barca
In England, between Chelsea & Man U
In Germany, between Bayern Munich & Schalke 04
Only in France do Marseille look uncatchable.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
i said quite a long time back,can forget about CL next season.
should try to concentrate on winning the Europa League for a little compensation to the fan.
then start to prepare for next season.
but we can decide on the winner of the EPL,still have to face Chelsea and if we beat them,will be doing a big favour for the Red Devils as presently only a 1 pt difference.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
received the news this morning that even at home, even with French League game postponed to maximize their rest, Lyon succumbed to Bayern Munich 0-3 !

So, Bayern Munich has reached the 09/10 Champions League final....

I got a feeling come this year's European Supercup, it will be Bayern Munich vs Liverpool again ..... just like in 01/02 !

For this historical omen to happen, that means, LIVERPOOL WILL BE THE INAUGURAL EUROPA LEAGUE CHAMPIONS THIS YEAR !!!

C'mon, Anfield faithful, enact another memorable European Night to overturn 0-1 loss & send Athletico Madrid crashing out !

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
received the news this morning that even at home, even with French League game postponed to maximize their rest, Lyon succumbed to Bayern Munich 0-3 !

So, Bayern Munich has reached the 09/10 Champions League final....

I got a feeling come this year's European Supercup, it will be Bayern Munich vs Liverpool again ..... just like in 01/02 !

For this historical omen to happen, that means, LIVERPOOL WILL BE THE INAUGURAL EUROPA LEAGUE CHAMPIONS THIS YEAR !!!

C'mon, Anfield faithful, enact another memorable European Night to overturn 0-1 loss & send Athletico Madrid crashing out !

YES ! Mourinho the Great has brought Inter into the Champions League Final !

His tactical genius was tested again & again : a player failing fitness test before kickoff, he reshuffled the lineup .... another player Motta red-carded, he again reshuffled on the spot ....

Pep Guardiola tried this & that, had 1 man advantage, had Messi the BestPlayeroftheWorld, had home ground advantage .... still the away leg damage was fatal.

Won 1-0 but lost2-3 on aggregate !

Now for Bayern to beat Inter in the Final for my prediction of a Liverpool vs Bayern SuperCup come July !

Er...... tonight, Liverpool, dun make me malu by letting Athletico Madrid go through, okie :cool: ?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now for Bayern to beat Inter in the Final for my prediction of a Liverpool vs Bayern SuperCup come July !

Er...... tonight, Liverpool, dun make me malu by letting Athletico Madrid go through, okie :cool: ?

I'd go for Inter Milan and Mourihno The Special One. Just for fun's sake, I'll take Atletico Madrid too. :biggrin:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Loserpool better not make me malu and tulan
by conceding "OWN GOALS" this coming Sunday against Chelski!!:rolleyes:
It really depends....

if Liverpool tonight can't overturn the 0-1 1st leg loss, sian by half.
By end Saturday, all the Contenders for 4th - Spurs, Villa & City would have played ...

Based on that, if Liverpool have no more chance for 4th, then why beat Chelsea ?

All that talk of professional pride also must see motivation & circumstance.

No need to score own goals, Ah Wayne.
With Chelsea's hunger & Liverpool's listless-nothing-to-play-for lack of motivation, all the more reason to easily deny Man U a chance at their much anticipated 19th Title win to overhaul Liverpool's record

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By end Saturday, all the Contenders for 4th - Spurs, Villa & City would have played ...

Based on that, if Liverpool have no more chance for 4th, then why beat Chelsea ?

Shrewd observation. Wayne Piew faints... Better hope all of them draw or lose.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
typical of liverpool's season ..... arse luck, late goals, key players injured ...

fulham into europa finals .... well done & good luck ...

liverpool fri - europa dream busted, sat - 4th dream to be busted ....

reality bites .... nobody is entitled to success ...

ccb Man U reject diego forlan is to liverpool what danny murphy is to man u..... even when they have switched clubs, their jinx is always there ....

what now :
1. secure a great new owner
2. deny somebody their 19th crown :biggrin:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal

typical of liverpool's season ..... arse luck, late goals, key players injured ...

fulham into europa finals ....

34i4ocl.gif

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the wonderful reminders, ah wayne :smile:
like me, surely you are no stranger to the humbling resignation of failed PREDICTIONS .... what to do, hope springs eternal from the hearts of diehard fans .....

And now for the love of all things English, it is to HAMburg to witness FulHAM's HAMsome HISTORY-MAKING !

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey bro elephano,

should rafa go? has he done all he could with pool?

btw i am spurs fan. but really gotta tell u this, pool game normally very boring to watch. even when they win.:(

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey bro elephano,

should rafa go? has he done all he could with pool?

btw i am spurs fan. but really gotta tell u this, pool game normally very boring to watch. even when they win.:(

spurs fucking lucky to get lucky harry - the way he turn around ramos' mess is just like fairy tale ....

sigh .... i also dunno if rafa should go ... he is uninspiring but the reason i am undecided is (1) who else next ? change manager means giving him fresh funds to let him build his own team - pool now finance is half-fucked... (2) I subscribed to Pool's long time tradition of never sacking their manager (Houllier well, boh pian)

Pool games boring - true, still, this season is a poor testimony.
Surely last season, you won't say that right ? especially when they beat Chelsea & Man U to eventually finish second....

Spurs is exciting to watch ... I still dunno why they are so rich ...

Good luck to Spurs, if Pool can't get 4th, i rather Spurs than Villa or City to get it.... after all, one hard luck last day food poisoning experience leaves justice to be repaid in one form or another - and the time is this season...NOW !

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
to be honest when spurs signed harry, i am like wtf?? i never wanted martin jol to go.

but now the spurs team do look quite strong. i like the midfield especially with palacious/huddlestone/modric in the middle, lennon right and bale left. this combination is very strong (and very fast on the wings).

as for pool, the feeling now is eerily similar to the time at the end of holluiers' reign. even worse now is seems like pool also no $. after last season's good showing, it seems like pool is drifting further from the top.

now the sign "this is anfield" doesn't strike too much fear onto opponents.

G

Ginchiyo Tachibana

Liverpool crash out

Apr 30, 2010

EUROPA LEAGUE
Liverpool crash out

<!-- end left side bar -->
liverpooldefeat-ap.jpg

Liverpool's Dirk Kuyt (center) is seen alongside teammates after their team's defeat to Atletico Madrid in their Europa League semifinal second leg soccer match at Anfield Stadium. -- PHOTO: AP

<!-- story content : start --> LIVERPOOL - DIEGO Forlan's 102nd minute goal ended Liverpool's hopes of a first trophy in four years as Rafa Benitez's side were denied a place in the Europa League final by Atletico Madrid on the away goals rule. On a dramatic night at Anfield, Yossi Benayoun's 95th minute goal, which gave the hosts a 2-1 semi-final aggregate advantage, looked to have booked Liverpool a place in their third European final in six seasons. Trailing 1-0 from the first leg, Alberto Aquilani had levelled the aggregate scores with a sublime finish before Benayoun struck early in extra time.

But former Manchester United striker Forlan, whose goal gave Atletico a narrow 1-0 lead from the first leg, sent the Spaniards through to face Fulham in the May 12 final in Hamburg and left Liverpool to reflect on a fourth successive season without a trophy. Liverpool made two changes to their starting line-up from last week's first leg as Sotiros Kyrgiakos was replaced by Aquilani, with Javier Mascherano dropping into the back four and Ryan Babel coming in for the injured David Ngog. The deafening atmosphere at Anfield was fit for a visit from Real Madrid, never mind Atletico, who are marooned in mid-table in La Liga. Yet the longer the game stayed goalless the quieter the roar became as frustration began to seep from the stands. -- AFP

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Unlikely' is not 'impossible'.
Mathematically speaking, it is still possible for Liverpool to be 4th just as it is still possible for Everton to finish ahead of Liverpool.

Afterall, the Toffees are a mere 5 points behind Liverpool.

Liverpool will be in serious mathematical dangerzone of falling out of the Top 7 Eurozone if Everton beats Stoke and they lose to Chelsea. Manchester City plays Aston Villa this weekend and Tottenham Hotspur next weekend. The fate of who's going to take 4th place is in their own hands.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
ccb Man U reject diego forlan is to liverpool what danny murphy is to man u..... even when they have switched clubs, their jinx is always there ....

Viva Forlan,
Viva Forlan,
He comes from Uruguay,
He made the Elephant man cry :p
Viva Forlan!!

10y14zq.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Viva Forlan,
Viva Forlan,
He comes from Uruguay,
He made the Elephant man cry :p
Viva Forlan!!

Not bad Diego Forlan, from Uruguay, pop. 3.5m and won World Cup twice.

But Wayne Piew, if Chelsea shoots down Liverpool this Sunday, you cry. :(