• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Little india riot was not due to working conditions or pay

dodgeball

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bertha Henson pointed out that "the COI thoughtfully provided what it thought the riot was NOT about as well. Nope, not due to any sort of deep-seated resentment about working conditions or pay, as some people have alleged although more can be done about educating foreign workers about their rights, especially when they don’t get paid or get injured. The COI even did an NWC and recommended pay increases every year."

My sentiments too. Looks like a one-off case to me.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's just sickening that these fuckers riot and create damage etc and somehow they don't get blamed for it. It's very simple how you actually make more ppl feel less sympathetic for them. Just switch them to chinese people.

dodgeball

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's just sickening that these fuckers riot and create damage etc and somehow they don't get blamed for it. It's very simple how you actually make more ppl feel less sympathetic for them. Just switch them to chinese people.

I personally think blaming can only get you so far. For this type of isolated incident, investigations were carried out, punishments were made and measures are in place. Simple. Not all foreign workers behave like the Little India rioters.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's sickening that after a Singaporean driver killed an Indian, with a Cisco officers testifying that his partner was openly abusing the workers, stupid people are still blind to the truth. The failings were all on the locals. The Indians reacted. There was no riot before the police arrived. Justice will be when the bus driver is jailed and several of the police get sacked

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They dare not say that, the rioting was due to "Chang", "Kingfisher", " Heineken", " Carlsberg" & "TIGER"...loudly. That they should blame, SINgapore working conditions, however bad, compares with where these people originate...is already "heaven on earth"...ahneh wold not complain...but they are all N.A.I.R.'s....No alcohol I resign....after a few drinks....they become LIARS!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its not all its most of them r troublemakers. They r shitskins afterall and from where they come from..rape n no social responsibility is the norm.

I personally think blaming can only get you so far. For this type of isolated incident, investigations were carried out, punishments were made and measures are in place. Simple. Not all foreign workers behave like the Little India rioters.