• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Listen to useless PAP dog Teo Ser Luck on Singapore in Winter Olympics 2014.

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Feb 13, 2010
S'pore targets 2014 Winter Olympics
By Gerard Wong

SINGAPORE is working to produce its first athletes for the Winter Olympics in four years' time.

A Singapore Sports Council (SSC) project is under way to groom a handful of athletes towards qualifying for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, Mr Teo Ser Luck revealed yesterday.

He was speaking to reporters after cable operator StarHub's media event to launch the new SuperSports Arena channel (Channel 122).

Mr Teo, who is Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Community Development, Youth and Sports, and Transport, senses that now is the time for the sports ministry and the SSC to embark on this ambitious project.

'We have enjoyed success at the Commonwealth and Asian Games and at the Olympics, and we have put in place a system for developing elite athletes.

'So the time is right for us to start looking at other sports to compete in.'

He added that Singapore is targeting the Winter Olympics because 'we've been inspired by tropical countries who have been sending athletes to the Winter Olympics'.

Mr Teo made reference to Ghana, Argentina and India, which have athletes taking part in the Winter Olympics.
The games began yesterday in Vancouver, Canada.

Ghana has slalom skier Kwame Nkrumah-Acheampong while Argentina is represented by Clyde Alejandro Getty in freestyle skiing. India's sole athlete Shiva Keshavan is competing in the luge.

SSC's chief of sports development Bob Gambardella said in a media statement yesterday that SSC was in the early stages of its feasibility study of preparing Singapore athletes for the Winter Olympics, and that suitable events would include speed skating and snowboarding.

'We believe that with proper high performance programmes in place, it may be possible to have Singapore represented at the 2014 Winter Olympics and beyond.'

The idea already has one firm backer: Singapore Ice Skating Association (Sisa) president Sonja Chong, who said that the Singapore physique is ideal for short- track speed skating and figure skating.

The plan for now, however, is to start small, said Mr Teo.

'We are not looking at producing a medal winner by 2014. We're looking at how to identify talent and getting them to qualify for the Games,' he said.

After that, as a system for elite development is gradually put into place, Singapore can aspire towards doing well and winning medals at the Olympics.

This system will be similar to the SSC's Olympic Pathway Programme that is preparing elite athletes for the 2012 London Summer Olympics.

Mr Teo believes Singaporeans will gradually warm up to the idea of competing in winter sports.

'It is not such an alien idea as there are Singaporeans based overseas who are doing winter sports and taking part in competitions,' he said.

'I think many young people will be excited by these new opportunities to represent Singapore in sports.'

To: kojakbt89 (2 of 9)

28554.2 in reply to 28554.1

After successfully fulfiling Goal 2010, SG now set to conquer 2014 Winter Olympics.

Options Reply

To: kojakbt89 (3 of 9)

28554.3 in reply to 28554.1

Argentina is so big, the whole country got tropical climate meh?
Options Reply

To: mips4 (4 of 9)

28554.4 in reply to 28554.3

Argentina and Northern India do snow. Nothing wrong for them to participate.

how come peesai everything also want?

Options Reply

To: kojakbt89 (5 of 9)

28554.5 in reply to 28554.1

A cunning distraction by greedy running dogs of the damned LEEs. What happen to Goal 2010? Now shifting goal post to 2014? Pui. They are wasting taxpayers' money.

Options Reply

To: ALL (6 of 9)

28554.6 in reply to 28554.5

Bros, I'm just curious... what winter sports we should be participating in?

Options Reply

To: ALL (7 of 9)

28554.7 in reply to 28554.6

I think Winter fishing we got chance....
kv_pilkki.jpg

From: 6/8,10/9, forums.delphiforums.com/anymos (ANYMOS) 3:43 am
To: kojakbt89 (8 of 9)

28554.8 in reply to 28554.6

We have so many PAP running dogs, the answer is obvious : winter dog sled racing....

dog_sled_2.jpg

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
This prove 1 thing - despite we give our ministars world class pay, they still end up as followers, not leaders that taking the lead.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both Argentina and India have mountainous areas which experience snowfall. Argentina also stretches all the way to Terra Del Fuego which is very close to Antarctica. It is not at all surprising that they feature in the Winter Games. Ghana is truly tropical and its participation in the Winter Games is noteworthy. As was the Jamaican bobsled team featured in Cool Runnings.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking young idiot wants to put S'poreans into Winter Olympics...reported ALL over today's prostitute news medias.

TOO MUCH MONEY IS IT?

Really done in BAD TASTE.
When so many households are suffering, ALL he can think about is glory for himself. Tell Singapore, what good does it do if a S'porean participates in a Winter Olympics? Does it bring food to the poor's tables?

Fucker only think about INDIVIDUAL (his own) GLORY.

Where is the money for the poor and elderly? CCB! PhooeeY!

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see why not. I think the probability of Sinkapore getting a Olympic gold in the Winter games is the same as the Summer games. ZERO.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see why not. I think the probability of Sinkapore getting a Olympic gold in the Winter games is the same as the Summer games. ZERO.

Why cant that money be used to help the poor and elderly?

Why? If $100,000 is spent to put a S'porean into WO, that $100,000 can be used to buy food / medicine for the poor and prevent the 3-9 suicides that is happening in S'pore everyday.

VERY BAD TASTE LAH.
HE IS GOING FOR INDIVIDUAL GLORY. PHOOOEY
!

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why cant that money be used to help the poor and elderly?

Why? If $100,000 is spent to put a S'porean into WO, that $100,000 can be used to buy food / medicine for the poor and prevent the 3-9 suicides that is happening in S'pore everyday.

VERY BAD TASTE LAH.
HE IS GOING FOR INDIVIDUAL GLORY. PHOOOEY
!

What I mean is if we disagree with sending someone to compete in the Winter games, we should not send anyone to the Summer games too.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
In inside singapore,they (MIW) can talk big cos they control and manipulate the laws and almost everything except the air,but the moment they go outside to compete or do business,they are KAPUT !!! Nevermind ,afterall it is not their money,they are always playing OPM (Other Peoples' Money).If they make money,they let the whole universe know about it,if they lose money they say "honest mistake,let's move on,only peanuts !!!" KNNCCCB !Sorry 1st day of CNY.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sg has great chances at gold in lube, instead of luge; bitchslap, instead of bobsled; and cursing, instead of curling. why lube? because ordinary citizens are constantly getting their arses reamed. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, thats the part that I found strange. He obviously does not know his geography or what's going in the world.
Both Argentina and India have mountainous areas which experience snowfall. Argentina also stretches all the way to Terra Del Fuego which is very close to Antarctica. It is not at all surprising that they feature in the Winter Games. Ghana is truly tropical and its participation in the Winter Games is noteworthy. As was the Jamaican bobsled team featured in Cool Runnings.

mysoju

Yes, thats the part that I found strange. He obviously does not know his geography or what's going in the world.

Hello, don't say people don't know geography lah. People last time before become famous was GM of DHL, so how can you say people don't know geography.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Please debate issues without attaching nasty names to our honorable PAP ministers. Referring to hardworking, educated and dedicated members of our govt as "dogs", "bitches", "scum" etc is entirely unnecessary and contributes nothing to the debate.

If you do feel the need to show your displeasure, the word "twit" would be appropriate but nothing stronger.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I found this interesting so I decided to find the trail behind this. It appears that a number of Singaporean families living overseas have approached the authorities to provide recognition so that they can send their kids to to take part. These kids are already into the sport as part of their school and club curriculumn. It is also easier for these kids to qualify for Singapore rather than take citizenship in their host country as the competition is tough. The whole thing started with the singaporean girl based in the UK who won a medal at the special olympics.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scro, I smell opportunism somewhere. Are these people still Singaporeans or are they really PRs of the host countries ?

As I found this interesting so I decided to find the trail behind this. It appears that a number of Singaporean families living overseas have approached the authorities to provide recognition so that they can send their kids to to take part. These kids are already into the sport as part of their school and club curriculumn. It is also easier for these kids to qualify for Singapore rather than take citizenship in their host country as the competition is tough. The whole thing started with the singaporean girl based in the UK who won a medal at the special olympics.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yet another high faluting suggestion and goal...and again for the elites! when will the pap ever learn? Looks like they are totally bereft of ideas and know zilch how to grab the attention and support of the post 65 generation..

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Is "twat" the past tense of "twit"? :eek::rolleyes:

"Twit" is a noun. Tenses don't come into the picture. :rolleyes:

tense<sup>2</sup>n (Linguistics / Grammar) Grammar a category of the verb or verbal inflections, such as present, past, and future, that expresses the temporal relations between what is reported in a sentence and the time of its utterance[from Old French tens time, from Latin tempus]

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is thinking of importing talent from outside not grooming Sinkie to take part. Sinkie tan ku ku