• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ling how dong, chiam see tong & chee soon juan

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
read the following postings. what do u think now?

BryanT - The death of The New Democrat was exaggerated Tue, 22 Sep 2009 2:17 pm

Since CSJ sees fit to dredge up the NKF trial as a preamble to justify its inability to sustain a newsletter, maybe we can provide a quote or two from
Mr Ling How Doong, the erstwhile Chairman SDP. It would provide us with a valuable perspective on the disappearing act of the New Democrat over the last few years.

Leading up to the 2006 election, Ling noted press reports in which Dr Chee was described as running a "one-man show", adding: "I can’t agree more."

Mr Ling also said that he disagreed with Dr Chee on "a lot of things", including the party newsletter, which he had no hand in.

Asked whether he would quit the SDP or switch political parties if he was so unhappy, he said: "I’ve been standing for elections since 1984, and I’ve no reason to pack up because someone made a boo-boo."

Whether or how Mr Ling left the party is not important here, but at least we have an inside view of how things were run in SDP. Coming from someone who had previous switched allegiance from CST to CSJ, I don't think we need to doubt how genuine those words of regret were.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
and along comes a troll! was she already with sdp then when the lawsuit was taking place? thought she was with WP until her resentment finally orchestrated.:confused:

Jaslyn - BryanT - pls contact SDP for a copy of TND Tue, 22 Sep 2009 5:00 pm

Good to see SDP recognise that it has to do more to reach the commoners.

Publication was stopped when Mr Lee Kuan Yew and his son, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, sued the party and its executive members for defamation over an article we published.

Would be good to have a read here instead of trying to keep tab on the illusive SDP's sales-team's whereabout in the heartlands.

Hi BryanT...

If you are interested to grab a copy of our TND, please feel free to contact SDP and we can either mail you or tell you which area we will be for you to pick up a copy...

BryanT - Jaslyn Tue, 22 Sep 2009 4:12 pm

"If you are interested to grab a copy of our TND, please feel free to contact SDP and we can either mail you or tell you which area we will be for you to pick up a copy..."

the primary motive could be SDP is hard-up to sell their over printed inhouse mag. later chee will brag that it is a sell out again.:rolleyes: