• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Licensed MoneyLenders + Police Report = Licensed Loan Shark ? ;Straits Times 22/4/11

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Licensed MoneyLenders + Police Report = Licensed Loan Shark ? ;Straits Times 22/4

Nowadays that MO no longer in operation. In the past, yes. But few did that.

As with the hang pig head tactic.
Now not easy get pig head and pig head not cheap.
Also no impact unlike locking gate or set fire.

jw5

Loyal
Re: Licensed MoneyLenders + Police Report = Licensed Loan Shark ? ;Straits Times 22/4

Many here do not understand the concept of risk vs returns. Customer with higher risk of default will be charged higher interest. Lower risk means lower interest.

Should the government even be allowing "licensed money lenders" to operate?
They didn't 5 or 10 years ago. What has changed?

Another thing is - Don't talk big about understanding risk and return. Otherwise you may be asked to compare academic transcripts and career achievement and you may be embarrassed.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Should the government even be allowing "licensed money lenders" to operate?
They didn't 5 or 10 years ago. What has changed?

Another thing is - Don't talk big about understanding risk and return. Otherwise you may be asked to compare academic transcripts and career achievement and you may be embarrassed.

If Government dun allow legal money lenders, then those rejected by banks will turn to illegal loan sharks. Simple as that! They should allow, but with proper regulation and management!!

What is wrong with the concept of risk vs return? You ok or not? Talking about this got to do with career achievement? You say I talk big? This is talking big? You took your medicine today or not???

Anyway, every idiot can claim that he has PHD and earn $10 mil per month over the internet. So compare simi lanjiao?

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

What is wrong with the concept of risk vs return? You ok or not? This got to do with carrer achievement? You say I talk big? This is talking big? You took your medicine today or not???

Anyway, every idiot can claim that he has PHD and earn $10 mil per month over the internet. So compare simi lanjiao?

Your statement was "Many here do not understand the concept of risk and returns."
The issue here is not even about risk and returns. Everybody knows that a "licensed money lender" or for that matter an ah long will charge higher interest rate to compensate for higher risk from customers with higher chances of defaulting.

Statements like these and when you call everyone who makes a negative comments about foreigners, xenophobic, without being prepared to consider the part played by government policy in both the issues of "licensed money lenders" and "foreign talents".
It is you who have not licked your master's balls today and are doing so now while talking big, not I who have not taken my medicine.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Your statement was "Many here do not understand the concept of risk and returns."
The issue here is not even about risk and returns. Everybody knows that a "licensed money lender" or for that matter an ah long will charge higher interest rate to compensate for higher risk from customers with higher chances of defaulting.

Statements like these and when you call everyone who makes a negative comments about foreigners, xenophobic, without being prepared to consider the part played by government policy in both the issues of "licensed money lenders" and "foreign talents".
It is you who have not licked your master's balls today and are doing so now while talking big, not I who have not taken my medicine.

Your are what I call, a typical Dr Chee Bye's dog. Attack PAP for the sake of attacking. Same as those PAPPies, only at different end.

Many do not understand why Legal Money Lender should charge higher interest. Yes is default risk. If that is not risk vs return, then what do you call it??

Yes you need to take your medicine!!!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Your are what I call, a typical Dr Chee Bye's dog. Attack PAP for the sake of attacking. Same as those PAPPies, only at different end.

Many do not understand why Legal Money Lender should charge higher interest. Yes is default risk. If that is not risk vs return, then what do you call it??

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You cockennathan!
Why are there so many legal money lenders now?
Because your dear pappies are

1) taking the easy way out of solving problems yet again
2) clueless to tackling illegal ah long
3) another avenue to earn taxes
4) all of the above

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

You cockennathan!
Why are there so many legal money lenders now?
Because your dear pappies are

1) taking the easy way out of solving problems yet again
2) clueless to tackling illegal ah long
3) another avenue to earn taxes
4) all of the above

5) because the supposed wealth of Singaporeans is a mirage

Y

Yip Hon

Toa Payoh hub has many of them . near to hdb resale office.

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal

I even received sms from a couple of these LML.

Funny thing is, I have never borrowed any money from any LML, I don't rollover my monthly credit card bills, I don't have any outstanding loan except for my house. How on earth they got my contact? Bank selling customer data to LML?

Y

Yip Hon

I even received sms from a couple of these LML.

Funny thing is, I have never borrowed any money from any LML, I don't rollover my monthly credit card bills, I don't have any outstanding loan except for my house. How on earth they got my contact? Bank selling customer data to LML?

LmLs are not allowed to even sms ...

what your got are from Loan Sharks .

this good eg :

http://www.s1credit.com

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal

LmLs are not allowed to even sms ...

what your got are from Loan Sharks .

this good eg :

http://www.s1credit.com

Is it? I have no idea which companies send me the sms as I always delete them immediately. In future when i get these sms, I will post the company names here.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is it? I have no idea which companies send me the sms as I always delete them immediately. In future when i get these sms, I will post the company names here.
like the bro said, these are Ah Longs......supposedly they are using those names of LML companies without their knowledge.......or using names similar to LMLs.
I got harrass by one particular one........call him back talk nicely dun want to listen still SMS......i posted his numbers everywhere on internet daily for two weeks.....looking for whores, giving out free gifts, looking for blah blah blah.......in the end he also surrender.........call me to apologise and no more SMS since......these fucktards need to harrass them back then they know the 'odour'

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Speaking of the devil. SMS just in :

85812XXX : Good Afternoon Brother & Sister. Need any Cash Loan today please give me a call. Need your help and support badly. Your friends are welcome too. Thanks

Last edited:
Y

Yip Hon

Speaking of the devil. SMS just in :

85812XXX : Good Afternoon Brother & Sister. Need any Cash Loan today please give me a call. Need your help and support badly. Your friends are welcome too. Thanks

They will ask for your Singpass.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They will ask for your Singpass.
singpass can confirm your address, place of work etc.......harder fo you to run. this way also cut away the step of physical meet up to verify IC details