• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liat Towers flooding traced to Stamford Canal

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry it is not Wheelock Place. It should be Liat Tower management vs the Rep of Singapore.

Sorry to disappoint you my friend, Singapore justice system is very creative on such cases, PUB's stupidity will be classified as Act Of God

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this is what we call JIAO WEI !! AKA : Bird Language !! PUB has perfect the Art of saying something without telling anything.

Of course, the canal over flow. That why it causes the water to flood Orchard Road.

I agree, that the Govt has over build from Orchard to Bukit Timah area. Causing the water got nowhere to flow except the canal. Of course, it overflows in due time.

Someone always said ... Global warming causes more rain. I would not say it is not the reason. Why i said that ? If we are Philippines, we experience more frequent typhoons. Then we can say it can be caused by Global warming. It valid and justify. We are a DOT in South East Asia.... We don't experience any typhoon or Tornado or cold gust of air from China to Taiwan.

KNN ... still got people stupid enough to buy into such explaination , like Global Warming .........No wonder, the PAP can keep re-elected yr after yr... despite screwing up their own people many times over.

I think PAP and Singaporeans are made for each other. One is extremely manuipulative , the other party is meeknessto the core.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Einfield said:
Sorry to disappoint you my friend, Singapore justice system is very creative on such cases, PUB's stupidity will be classified as Act Of God

Ya. But we are not talking about the rain. We are talking about allowing rain water from state land to enter private compound.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gov caught between a rock and a hard place. They were busy redeveloping Orchard Road as well as all the enbloc/condo projects all the way up the Bukit Timah Canal. So now the whole area is concreted over and the moment it rains, water gets directed into the canals and overwhelms the canals. Now they have to spend big $$$ to improve the drainage system. Before they were happy collecting $ from land sales but now they have to spend $. Also they have to put a stop to major redevlopment projects as that will create even more flash floods.

Nothing new that the PAP screwed up in their relentless pursuit of $$$$. Just add it to the other billions lost by Temasek/GLCs. The breakdown of the SMRT. It has already been proven that the only place they can succeed is in Spore where they control the goal posts:rolleyes: What's worst is that they are making excuses: Sporeans causing the rubbish in the drains, once in 50 years event, ponding,....

Just hope that enough Sporeans wake up & kick them out before they Spore has to declare chapter 11:eek: