• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lia Meyrina's Wellness Village Spa Closed down - customers screwed!

limpeh

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1017097/1/.html

Has Wellness Village Spa left its customers in the lurch?

SINGAPORE: For over four years, it operated at the Pan Pacific Singapore hotel. But over the course of a day, the Wellness Village Spa left customers and the hotel in the lurch when it suddenly shut down, disconnecting its phone lines.

At its Pagoda Street outlet in Chinatown, the premises were empty, with the doors wide open when MediaCorp visited on Monday. Neighbouring shop owners said they saw movers shifting equipment and furniture on Sunday afternoon. In the quiet of the night, the same scene was seemingly repeated at the Pan Pacific outlet.

A nearby shop owner said the spa began retrenching workers last month. He noticed remaining staff packing up late last week, and believes that customers were told it was "fully booked" to keep them from coming down.

This was certainly the experience for one customer.

Ms Elaine Ong had been trying to make an appointment, but the spa kept telling her that it was fully booked.

The "first hint of trouble" came last Thursday when she called the Pan Pacific outlet and an employee told her only two therapists were being employed, said Ms Ong who is in her 30s.

As she has recently signed up for a $600 package, Ms Ong said she was a "bit alarmed".

At Pan Pacific on Monday, a hotel employee told guests the spa had closed without informing anyone. Dutch businessman Laros, 39, who had been peering through the spa's glass door, said the hotel's reception pointed him to the spa for a massage when he checked in.

The hotel told MediaCorp the spa "leases and operates the premises independently".

It "sincerely regrets any inconvenience experienced" and is now re-directing guests to nearby spa facilities. It will "continue to attempt" to contact Wellness Village Spa, it added.

Checks with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority showed that Wellness Village was incoporated in June 2004 and is still a "live company". Permanent resident Lia Meyrina is listed as its director. MediaCorp could not reach the company.

Wellness Village Spa and Fitness, a limited liability partnership with Ms Lia and a Mr Christopher Tan Khee Howe listed as partners, was struck off in September. It was registered in 2007.

Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) executive director Seah Seng Choon was "not surprised" by the spa's actions.

"Don't be fooled by the location. Spas are generally small businesses, unless they have an international chain ... Consumers have to be careful when transacting with them," said Mr Seah.

Since last year, CASE has received five complaints, including unsatisfactory services and difficulty in scheduling sessions, against Wellness Village. Four were made this year, with the latest complaint in October. CASE is trying to contact the company.

- TODAY/so

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's echoed by a couple of people that i work with before.

they mentioned : "how are you going to deal with them if they go back n dun come here?"

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this her?

Can there be 2 such persons living in S'pore with same name (uncommon) and both in Spa business?

But in her FaceBook she only has link for AquaSpa in Bali and no link for Spa at PanPac.

Another 'VERY TALENTED' Parasite Resident.

Wonder how many APEC people staying at Pan Pac witnessing this closure?

Services

* Aqua Spa

Lia Meyrina (Singapore) (**link to her facebook has just been disconnected barely 30 mins after I put it up. obviously someone is here)

pic.php

Lia Meyrina

<table class="category" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="bottom"><th>Services</th></tr><tr valign="top"><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1017097/1/.html

Has Wellness Village Spa left its customers in the lurch?

SINGAPORE: For over four years, it operated at the Pan Pacific Singapore hotel. But over the course of a day, the Wellness Village Spa left customers and the hotel in the lurch when it suddenly shut down, disconnecting its phone lines.

At its Pagoda Street outlet in Chinatown, the premises were empty, with the doors wide open when MediaCorp visited on Monday. Neighbouring shop owners said they saw movers shifting equipment and furniture on Sunday afternoon. In the quiet of the night, the same scene was seemingly repeated at the Pan Pacific outlet.

A nearby shop owner said the spa began retrenching workers last month. He noticed remaining staff packing up late last week, and believes that customers were told it was "fully booked" to keep them from coming down.

This was certainly the experience for one customer.

Ms Elaine Ong had been trying to make an appointment, but the spa kept telling her that it was fully booked.

The "first hint of trouble" came last Thursday when she called the Pan Pacific outlet and an employee told her only two therapists were being employed, said Ms Ong who is in her 30s.

As she has recently signed up for a $600 package, Ms Ong said she was a "bit alarmed".

At Pan Pacific on Monday, a hotel employee told guests the spa had closed without informing anyone. Dutch businessman Laros, 39, who had been peering through the spa's glass door, said the hotel's reception pointed him to the spa for a massage when he checked in.

The hotel told MediaCorp the spa "leases and operates the premises independently".

It "sincerely regrets any inconvenience experienced" and is now re-directing guests to nearby spa facilities. It will "continue to attempt" to contact Wellness Village Spa, it added.

Checks with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority showed that Wellness Village was incoporated in June 2004 and is still a "live company". Permanent resident Lia Meyrina is listed as its director. MediaCorp could not reach the company.

Wellness Village Spa and Fitness, a limited liability partnership with Ms Lia and a Mr Christopher Tan Khee Howe listed as partners, was struck off in September. It was registered in 2007. (why struck off? Registerd in 2007 but operating for 4 yrs according to this report?)

Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) executive director Seah Seng Choon was "not surprised" by the spa's actions.

"Don't be fooled by the location. Spas are generally small businesses, unless they have an international chain ... Consumers have to be careful when transacting with them," said Mr Seah.

Since last year, CASE has received five complaints, including unsatisfactory services and difficulty in scheduling sessions, against Wellness Village. Four were made this year, with the latest complaint in October. CASE is trying to contact the company.

- TODAY/so

S'pore is indeed the easiest place in the world to do business.

Garment prostitute S'pore so much that anyone can set up business here.

Anything go wrong, PR can just run back to own cuntry.

Report to Poodles, they will say "You die your own business".

Last edited:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
GOOD ethics of doing business in S'pore.

If business is failing, one should inform all suppliers and creditors in a gentlemanly fashion.

But to be devious to the very people that supports your business is really too much.

It would be interesting to know what happened here.

I just cannot stand it when SINKEES are screwed by Pappies Fav Pets the FTs.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreign Trash or Local Traitors, are all the same, when the going gets tough, both would run road just the same.

Peopel are increasing ethically deprived and morally poor in this degenerated times.

Yes, but you did not listen to his fine print - embrace at your own risk.

fungph

Dear all,

I believe a lot of customers are affected by the disgusting wellness village closing down incident. Quite a number of my friends are affected by this incident as well. I have just phoned CASE and they advised us to do the following.

1) obtain company record from ACRA singapore (i have already done so)
2) submit all the relevent information (transaction records, credit card bills, receipts) to Subordinate court claim tribunal
3) go down personally with your NRIC
4) lodge a case against this company (have to pay 10 dollars for this)

A summon will be sent to the shareholder.

However, in the event that the owner is bankrupt or if he has run away from Singapore, the authority can do nothing about this.

I think we should all give it a try to get back for this case, or at least ban this owner from ever setting up business in Singapore again.

Contact me at [email protected] if you want to lodge this case together.

Thanks and best regards,
Martin

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

I believe a lot of customers are affected by the disgusting wellness village closing down incident. Quite a number of my friends are affected by this incident as well. I have just phoned CASE and they advised us to do the following.

1) obtain company record from ACRA singapore (i have already done so)
2) submit all the relevent information (transaction records, credit card bills, receipts) to Subordinate court claim tribunal
3) go down personally with your NRIC
4) lodge a case against this company (have to pay 10 dollars for this)

A summon will be sent to the shareholder.

However, in the event that the owner is bankrupt or if he has run away from Singapore, the authority can do nothing about this.

I think we should all give it a try to get back for this case, or at least ban this owner from ever setting up business in Singapore again.

Contact me at [email protected] if you want to lodge this case together.

Thanks and best regards,
Martin

This Spa is a LIMITED LIABILITY Patnership set up. There's isnt much room for recourse unless you all band together & get the directors individually.
And do it quickly. If they go for voluntary liquidation, you same people will probably get nothing back except maybe their fart.

Cheers

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So has the world class Yellow poodles impounded her passport? Or they're still idling and betting on football?

jw5

Loyal
This Spa is a LIMITED LIABILITY Patnership set up. There's isnt much room for recourse unless you all band together & get the directors individually.
And do it quickly. If they go for voluntary liquidation, you same people will probably get nothing back except maybe their fart.

Cheers
Make the individuals accountable.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
And do it quickly. If they go for voluntary liquidation, you same people will probably get nothing back except maybe their fart.Cheers
Even if they liquidate the business I believe still can go for their personal asset cos Limited Liability means sleeping partner liability is lesser then the one who runs the business but their liability in this case is not limited as partnership are same like sole proprietor...

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if they liquidate the business I believe still can go for their personal asset cos Limited Liability means sleeping partner liability is lesser then the one who runs the business but their liability in this case is not limited as partnership are same like sole proprietor...

Definition of a LLP
The Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) is essentially a general partnership in form, with one important difference. Unlike a general partnership, in which individual partners are liable for the partnership's debts and obligations, an LLP provides each of its individual partners protection against personal liability for certain partnership liabilities.

Yes, u can still go after his personal assets & i suggest quickly. Fo all we know, the partners may be just empty shells. Those affected, band together & get a lawyer to freeze their assets 1st. Asking CASE to take the lead is way too slow. But I highly doubt the victims will get much back. Maybe they can scold them publicly to vent their frustrations but to atcually see any money back, its a big doubt.