• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Li Shengwu awarded prestigious Sloan Research Fellowship 2023. What award did Li Hongyi received?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sample Comments

1676546481767.png

1676546865378.png

Last edited:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Li Shengwu a son of singapore could not return to singapore but CECA Indians are welcomed whole-heartedly.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why state media so thick skin go report? dare to drive people out and yet want to get credit as "singaporean son"?
why don't state media report about Tan Wah Piow?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He should return home and help his father run for President AND also join PSP ro run in next election .

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should return home and help his father run for President AND also join PSP ro run in next election .
If I am not wrong,I think there is a legal case against him for contempt of court for not appearing in the singapore court.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Li Sheng wu should run sg,like wat LKY decided,if LSW run for election many will support him,he is a person with visionary n fair person nor luje now a bunch of useless leeches,he will pick a good team

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

1676583122377.png

1676583215548.png

Singaporean economist and academic, Mr Li Shengwu, has been awarded the prestigious Sloan Research Fellowship for 2023.

Mr Li, who is the son of Lee Hsien Yang and the estranged nephew of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, has been recognised for his exceptional academic contributions. The award recognises and rewards young researchers with the potential to revolutionise their fields of study.

Many past Sloan Fellows have gone on to become towering figures in science, with 56 Fellows receiving a Nobel Prize in their respective fields, 17 winning the Fields Medal in mathematics, and 22 winning the John Bates Clark Medal in economics, including every winner since 2007.

In 2016, he was selected to become a fellow at the Harvard Society of Fellows, a rare distinction that recognises young scholars for their potential to advance academic wisdom. Li’s co-authored paper with Harvard University’s Economics associate professor was picked by 2012 Nobel Prize winner in Economics Alvin Roth as being the most significant economics research paper in 2018.

Additionally, in the same year, Mr Li was awarded the Exeter Prize from the University of Exeter’s Business School for the best paper published in the previous calendar year in a peer-reviewed journal in the fields of Experimental Economics, Behavioural Economics and Decision Theory. His paper, titled Obviously Strategy-Proof Mechanisms and published in the American Economic Review, was deemed the most significant in his field.

Mr Lee Hsien Yang expressed his joy and pride in his son’s latest accomplishment, saying, “I am thrilled that Shengwu continues to bring honour to Singapore.” He added, “I don’t know whether any other Singaporean has been awarded a Sloan Research Fellowship before.”

However, Mr Li is currently under self-exile from Singapore following a series of unpleasant exchanges between him and the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) over its relentless pursuit of a charge of contempt of court for a private Facebook post he made in 2017.

In July 2020, Mr Li was found guilty of the charge, and he is required to pay a fine of S$15,000.

In a Facebook post, Mr Li said, “the government has wasted three years of civil servants’ time” over “three words in a private Facebook post”. He also criticised the AGC, stressing that it is “supposed to be an apolitical agency, even though the current attorney general was my uncle’s personal lawyer”.

“In a kind of cruel irony, the AGC has spent long hours lecturing me about my grandfather’s values,” he said.

Mr Li, who is publicly known as the blue-eyed grandson of the late Lee Kuan Yew, wrote, “As I was arranging my bookshelf the other day, I came across a gift from my childhood. (photo attached) Those were better times, before my uncle bullied his siblings and tore the family apart,”

The book was titled, “From Third World to First”.

Despite his legal troubles, his academic achievements continue to garner recognition and acclaim in the scientific community.

1676583369623.png

1676583395629.png

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We can be sure that he did not get it because of his papa or because of the PAP. This is true talent. Can't say the same thing of the other family's kids.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can be sure that he did not get it because of his papa or because of the PAP. This is true talent. Can't say the same thing of the other family's kids.
Shengyi also got state award for producing the tracetogether device to fight covid-19.ROFL...

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the matter was settled after paying the fine , right ?
Do you really believe Pinky is so generous and kind? First he dealt with Sinkies, then the opposition parties, then his daddy, then his siblings and then went after his nephew. All grounds covered.