• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Li Jiawei's Identity Crisis?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffee Shop Talk - Li Jiawei's Identity Crisis?</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">H0CUS_P0CUS <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">Aug-17 2:14 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 11) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>930.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Saturday, August 16, 2008

Identity Crisis??

While most Singaporeans are probably happy about Singapore's upcoming medal in the Olympics that will end a drought in the Olympic medals..
Here is what 'our very own' Table Tennis super star shared on China National TV her thoughts and views! A copy of the video has been uploaded onto Baidu.

Presenter: Do you have such goals?
ljw0.jpg

Lee Jia Wei: (I) hope in 2008
ljw2.jpg

Lee Jiawei: I, myself , am from Beijing
ljw.jpg

Lee Jiawei: and am a Chinese (note the use of words China as in 中国人 and not 华人)
ljw3.jpg

Lee Jiawei: I hope to be able to, on my motherland...
ljw4.jpg

Lee Jiawei:... and also my 'territory'
ljw5.jpg

Lee Jiawei: .. win a medal
ljw6.jpg

Well our own star herself is getting confused, I really wonder if her Singaporean supporters will be in a similar state of confusion?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

holeinone6666

Agree with bro Nanana1. LJW was stating a fact where she came from; I think we cannot deny the fact about her roots but she has don Singapore colours since taking up Singapore citizenship. Many people take up new citizenships and they represent those countries they belong to, but I think we can understand them when they talk about their past and where they come from. Even we nowadays say that our forefathers came from Fujian, Guangdong or Madras. The only difference is that our forefathers came to Singapore a hundred years or more ago. Just a "time" difference; but the fact remains that our roots were also from somewhere, at one point in time.