• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LHL chides Sinkies for asking govt to eradicate rat problem

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife and I were debating whether to go to a relative's house for dinner when the following article caught my attention. (The weather's still freaking cold with the weather man predicting another snowfall for the coming week.)

The Straits Times, January 17, 2015 page A11

Govt should be the last recourse, not the first

Mr Lee on Singaporeans looking to the government to solve all their problems

"We have to take a somewhat detached view of issues so that when issues come up, our first instinct is not (to have the) Government do something about it.

Whether it is a problem with rats in the neighbourhood, whether it is a problem with feeding of birds and therefore other vermin turn up, whether it is a problem with neighbours upstairs, downstairs, the Government should be the last recourse, and should not be the first recourse.

Residents' committees (RCs) and the neighbourhood committees of course do a lot of work. But there are many other groups which get together and look out for their interests.

For example, when we have a new HDB neighbourhood precinct and people are beginning to get ready to move in, before any RC is formed, there is already a Facebook group, and they will share information about where to get the best curtains, which interior decorator is good, who gives you good value, who is to be avoided and when to get together to go and see the new MP and ask for something which is not fixed.

But actually, you ought to organise to get things done, not organise to ask the Government to do things."

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell him don't b stupid. Call government go solve is free one. Moreover you pay tax you r citizens you HV every Mutherfarking right to do it. If ft can do it. All the More to do it. Call them. Put them on the toes.

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell him don't b stupid. Call government go solve is free one. Moreover you pay tax you r citizens you HV every Mutherfarking right to do it. If ft can do it. All the More to do it. Call them. Put them on the toes.

Singapore has many rats. So many Rats everyhere.

Singapura

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is the few big ones in oxlee road

Let's hang all these Rats

rat.jpg

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The rat problem started because sinkies refuse to dispose their food waste properly. They want to maximise profit at all cost. When the rats come, the sinkies are quick to shirk responsibility and want the government to pay money to solve problems created in the first place by irresponsible sinkies.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
60% please take note that the leader of the PAP is admitting that he can't fix the problems of Spore despite having the worlds highest paid MPs :eek:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear PM, I wish I can help on these issue...but u know with my $1000 salary per month which enable me to buy a HDB flat,
I cannot take the risk of being bitten by these stray dogs and contact rabbies nor I can afford to be infected with the disease spread by the rats...

I cannot further stretch my tight budget to pay for these medical fees...

I hope you can understand...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I don't understand. Isn't RCs part of the govt? isn't HDB part of the govt. So cannot ask them to solve this issues? Both are stat boards.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The rat problem started because sinkies refuse to dispose their food waste properly. They want to maximise profit at all cost. When the rats come, the sinkies are quick to shirk responsibility and want the government to pay money to solve problems created in the first place by irresponsible sinkies.

Chotto, chotto!....the waste is disposed by the ? supervised & checked by?....fees paid to?......you are blaming the people for their tardiness but how about the efficiency of the government bodies in charge?

it is always..."our fault"..? no...domo, domo ( pronounce this in Cantonese)..:rolleyes:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then why set up the all encompassing unit headed by DISgraceFU under his office?
Another headless chicken idea.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chotto, chotto!....the waste is disposed by the ? supervised & checked by?....fees paid to?......you are blaming the people for their tardiness but how about the efficiency of the government bodies in charge?

it is always..."our fault"..? no...domo, domo ( pronounce this in Cantonese)..:rolleyes:

If you throw your waste properly, that waste would be disposed by the relevant government agencies or authorized waste collectors. The problem is with sinkies who anyhow throw their food waste, refuse to pay their bills and yet demand for better service! Typical sinkies! Pay $1 and demand $10 worth of services! Jerk-offs! They deserve to be buried in rats!