• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LHL Backs Down!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL finally backs down and decides to call Hougang by-election on 26 May, three months after the SMC was declared vacant. This action is a tacit admission that he was wrong in being so arrogant thinking that he has "unfettered discretion" whether and when to call the by-election.

This is a moral victory for Mdm Vellama, lawyer Ravi and all Singaporeans. We need more Singaporeans like Mdm Vellama, lawyer Ravi and high Court Judges like Philip Pillai. Kudos to all the three.

But Mdm Vellama and Ravi shd still continue with the case against LHL and get the High Court to make a decision on whether the PM can suka suka delay calling a by-election. It has implications on what LKY did in 1983 and 1986. Were LKY's actions unconstitutional then?

I am glad with the turn of events . It is good for Singapore!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The by-election is a waste of time and resources for all concerned.

Not only did Yaw strip the opposition cause of whatever credibility it had (if any), he has also caused a huge waste of taxpayer money and government resources by forcing a by-election all because of his raging hormones which he appears unable to keep in check.

If he was amongst the best that the WP had to offer, I shudder at the thought of someone of even lower calibre taking his place. I hope the electorate come to their senses this time round and deliver a clear message that the WP is no longer welcome on the political stage. After all, they bring nothing to the table which is of any use to Singaporeans.

As a result of this by-election, the PAP has been diverted, albeit temporarily, from the important job of running the country and navigating the economy through the stormy waters ahead. Hopefully, they'll win the seat and bring stability and progress to this constituency which has been out in the wilderness for far too long.

geylangchickenloyangduck

Alfrescian
Loyal
nah beh...he never said he is not going to call for by-election, he just said, he can don't call.

since the YSL affair, its evident that there will be by-election - just a matter when. Why shldn't there be? A WP post vacant , an opportunity for PAP to enter - no matter how slim. Desmond Choo is there anyways, either as a prop or as the lead actor....

why not.

however, if PAP vacates the seat, he will probably not call....

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not only did Yaw strip the opposition cause of whatever credibility it had (if any), he has also caused a huge waste of taxpayer money and government resources by forcing a by-election all because of his raging hormones which he appears unable to keep in check.

If he was amongst the best that the WP had to offer, I shudder at the thought of someone of even lower calibre taking his place. I hope the electorate come to their senses this time round and deliver a clear message that the WP is no longer welcome on the political stage. After all, they bring nothing to the table which is of any use to Singaporeans.

As a result of this by-election, the PAP has been diverted, albeit temporarily, from the important job of running the country and navigating the economy through the stormy waters ahead. Hopefully, they'll win the seat and bring stability and progress to this constituency which has been out in the wilderness for far too long.

A man is a man. No political party can control a man's sexual desire..PAP had its share of such problems. TEL, Steve Tan, etc...but with state controlled media, many scandals were swept under the carpet.

No big deal...a mistake was made...let's correct it and move on.

Kudos to WP for compelling its MP Yaw to clarify . But Yaw didnt want to clarify and was rightly dismissed...good, decisive and honourable move by WP.

The issue is LHL thought that he was at liberty to punish HG residents. He was perhaps advised by AGC not to embarrass himself further because the ruling might compel him to call a BE within a reasonable time. Such a pea brain PM!!!

Let's see what RAVI can get out of the High Court Judgement.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nah beh...he never said he is not going to call for by-election, he just said, he can don't call.

since the YSL affair, its evident that there will be by-election - just a matter when. Why shldn't there be? A WP post vacant , an opportunity for PAP to enter - no matter how slim. Desmond Choo is there anyways, either as a prop or as the lead actor....

why not.

however, if PAP vacates the seat, he will probably not call....

LHL thinks that he can suka suka dont call Hougang BE...if he was right, do u think he wld call for 26 May By-E?

he thinks that calling it now wld nullify the court case and give him back his pride and face. I hope Ravi and Vellama wld continue and get a decisive High Court Judgement

geylangchickenloyangduck

Alfrescian
Loyal
A man is a man. No political party can control a man's sexual desire..PAP had its share of such problems. TEL, Steve Tan, etc...but with state controlled media, many scandals were swept under the carpet.

Kudos to WP for compelling its MP Yaw to clarify . But Yaw didnt want to clarify and was rightly dismissed...good, decisive and honourable move by WP.

The issue is LHL thought that he was at liberty to punish HG residents. He was perhaps advised by AGC not to embarrass himself further because the ruling might compel him to call a BE within a reasonable time. Such a pea brain PM!!!

nah beh....i thot BE call, the court case makes no sense already? '

dimiss the case and don't waste my tax money. Concentrate on the BE.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nah beh....i thot BE call, the court case makes no sense already? '

dimiss the case and don't waste my tax money. Concentrate on the BE.

That's what LHL hopes for.

The High Court case goes beyond Hougang BE..It calls for a Court's judgement on what a PM can do constitutionally.

It shd be pursued to a logical and decisive conclusion.

LHL thought that he can bully HG residents. But he didnt see the can of worms he opened.

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I don't know whether you are be aware that having the BE is part and parcel of running a country and therefore is NOT a waste of time. You are confused as you then say "Hopefully, they'll win the seat and bring stability and progress to this constituency which has been out in the wilderness for far too long."

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know whether you are be aware that having the BE is part and parcel of running a country and therefore is NOT a waste of time. You are confused as you then say "Hopefully, they'll win the seat and bring stability and progress to this constituency which has been out in the wilderness for far too long."

well said..LeongSam is out of touch with SG.

Hougang is a well run SMC

geylangchickenloyangduck

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what LHL hopes for.

The High Court case goes beyond Hougang BE..It calls for a Court's judgement on what a PM can do constitutionally.

It shd be pursued to a logical and decisive conclusion.

LHL thought that he can bully HG residents. But he didnt see the can of worms he opened.

nah beh...the purpose of the case is: to force LHL to call BE within a reasonable time. Judgement not passed.

Writ of election given, meaning LHL has called BE as regards to the timing - no need to debate also know it will be deemed within reasonable time.

so, there is no case liao....

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nah beh...the purpose of the case is: to force LHL to call BE within a reasonable time. Judgement not passed.

Writ of election given, meaning LHL has called BE as regards to the timing - no need to debate also know it will be deemed within reasonable time.

so, there is no case liao....

read my 1st post!!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

A by-election is part of the Westminster model. If it was called because the incumbent had passed away or had become too ill to continue serving his constituents, I would be fully supportive of the system in place to elect someone to take over and I would not consider it to be a waste of time at all... merely an execution of due process.

However, in this case, the by-election is the result of the scandalous behavior of an elected MP. This man was supposed to spend his time helping others. Instead, he used taxpayer funded time and money fucking his peers and planning his next move... not to help the needy... but to get more pussy.

The fact that he's married makes the whole issue even more distasteful. If he lies to his wife, who knows how many lies he has told while campaigning and during his "meet the people" sessions.

If Yaw had been honest with himself and with his party and his electorate, he would never have offered himself as a candidate. His deceit and lies have cost the taxpayer and government dearly. He should be made to pay back every penny of his MP allowance. He should also be sued for the cost of the by-election which he caused by his indiscretions. If he can't pay, he should be made a bankrupt. CSJ had to face to consequences of defaming the govt. Yaw should have to do the same for deceiving a whole nation.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

You never say lets move on for a lot of criticism for PAP le.

It was WP, its the populance.

There was always going to be a BE in the first place. WP supporters lame want to claim fake victory.

nothing

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
nah beh...its not a moral victory. The court did not pass a judgement to say, LHL you MUST hold BE.

LHL on his own accord make the move - and i repeat,he did not say he won't hold BE, he just said he have the option not to.

Actually LHL said it will be held from the beginning. He simply said he will decide for an appropriate time.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Actually LHL said it will be held from the beginning. He simply said he will decide for an appropriate time.

Yes you are spot on. Kudos to you for exposing the lies of the opposition supporters. Points for you.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I agree with you here. Just give WP the walkover. Why waste time in a campaign?

If the WP was a credible party with honest, hardworking and morally upright candidates, I'd agree with you wholeheartedly. The PAP should simply gift the seat to them and save time and money.

However, since the candidates are all a bunch of scumbags, the PAP is obliged to do all it can to prevent another unsavory character from taking over where Yaw left off and dragging matters to a new low.