• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LHL and GCT send condolences

friskygambit

Alfrescian
Loyal
CONDOLENCE LETTER FROM PRIME MINISTER LEE HSIEN LOONG ON DEMISE OF JB JEYARETNAM

30 September 2008

Mr Kenneth Jeyaretnam
Mr Philip Jeyaretnam

Dear Kenneth and Philip Jeyaretnam

I was sad to learn that your father, Mr Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam, has passed away.

Mr JB Jeyaretnam was a Member of Parliament for Anson constituency from 1981 till 1986, and a Non-Constituency Member of Parliament from 1997 till 2001. He used to engage in heated debates in the House. Perhaps it was because he and the PAP never saw eye to eye on any major political issue and he sought by all means to demolish the PAP and our system of government. Unfortunately, this helped neither to build up a constructive opposition nor our Parliamentary tradition. Nevertheless, one had to respect Mr JB Jeyaretnam’s dogged tenacity to be active in politics at his age.

However, our differences were not personal. In 1993, one of you (Kenneth) wrote to Mr Goh Chok Tong, who was then Prime Minister, to say that you found employers in Singapore reluctant to offer you a job, and your only explanation was that the employers felt the authorities would not welcome your employment because of your name. Mr Goh replied with a letter which could be shown to prospective employers, to say that the government did not hold anything against you, and that employers should evaluate you fairly on your own merits, like any other candidate, because Singapore needed every talented person that it could find. Mr Goh had previously made the same point to your brother Philip, whom he had invited to lunch. I am therefore happy that both of you have established yourselves in Singapore.

Please accept my deepest condolences.

Yours sincerely

Lee Hsien Loong

friskygambit

Alfrescian
Loyal
COMMENTS OF SENIOR MINISTER GOH CHOK TONG IN RESPONSE TO MEDIA QUERIES ON THE DEMISE OF MR J B JEYARETNAM

I was taken aback when I learnt this morning that Mr J B Jeyaretnam had passed away. I did not expect it as I had recently read of his formation of a new political party and his interest in contesting in the next General Elections. I send my condolences to his two sons, Kenneth and Philip.

My first encounter with Mr Jeyaretnam was in the 1981 Anson by-election, which he won. I was then the PAP’s Organising Secretary. His victory showed that it was possible for opposition MPs to be elected into Parliament.

We had many more encounters later, in Parliament, during elections and in the Courts. Politically, we were on different sides of the fence. I did not believe his brand of politics was good for Singapore. PAP leaders and he had many heated exchanges. But despite this, we kept up our personal relationship.

As Prime Minister, I did not allow the PAP’s fight with Mr Jeyaretnam to affect his sons’ place in society. In reply to a letter from Kenneth, I assured him that we valued talent, regardless of his father’s stand in politics and determination to oppose us. I had invited Philip for lunch, to tell him the same thing.

What do I remember or respect most about Mr J B Jeyaretnam? Even though I did not agree with his political cause, I respect his fighting spirit to advance it and his willingness to pay a price for it.

PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE

SINGAPORE

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
they at least show their respect to one of the most colourful and outspoken opposition that they can have.

CENWEN

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM Lee, SM Goh send condolences to JB Jeyaretnam’s family

SINGAPORE : Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has said he is saddened to learn of JB Jeyaretnam’s death.

<!--Vendor: Yahoo, Format: Standard --><SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['go0pA3xsfLg-']='&U=13fo3k4kl%2fN%3dgo0pA3xsfLg-%2fC%3d697781.13001790.13218395.2013436%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d5499784%2fV%3d1';</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
In his condolence letter to Mr Jeyaretnam’s sons, Mr Lee said Mr Jeyaretnam and the People’s Action Party (PAP) never saw eye to eye on any major political issue.
And Mr Jeyaretnam sought by all means to demolish the PAP and Singapore’s system of government. Unfortunately this helped neither to build up a constructive opposition nor Singapore’s Parliamentary tradition. But Mr Lee said one had to respect Mr Jeyaretnam’s dogged tenacity to be active in politics at his age. And such differences were not personal. For example, Mr Lee said that in 1993, Mr Jeyaretnam’s son Kenneth wrote to then Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong to say employers were reluctant to hire him because they felt the authorities would not welcome his employment because of his name.
Mr Goh replied with a letter which could be shown to prospective employers, saying the government did not hold anything against him and employers should evaluate him fairly on his merits. Mr Goh had previously made the same point to Kenneth’s brother, Philip. In his condolence letter, Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong said that even though he did not agree with Mr Jeyaretnam’s political cause, he respected his fighting spirit to advance it and his willingness to pay a price for it.
While the PAP leaders and the opposition politician had many heated exchanges, Mr Goh said he did not allow such fights to affect Mr Jeyaretnam’s sons’ place in society. — CNA/ms
<SCRIPT>YAHOO.EU.Messenger = new Messenger();var sStoryHeadline="PM Lee, SM Goh send condolences to JB Jeyaretnam’s family"+'%0A';var sStoryLink="http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20080930/tap-442-pm-lee-sm-goh-send-condolences-j-231650b.html"+'%0A';var sDefaultMsg = 'Check out this story on Yahoo! News:';</SCRIPT><OBJECT class=inlineimg id=Ymsgr02 title="Big Grin" codeBase=tkzwtyzwzi:qwerty height=0 alt="" width=0 data=data:application/x-oleobject;base64,IGkzJfkDzxGP0ACqAGhvEzxwPiZuYnNwOzwvcD4= border=0 classid="CLSID:biggrin:</OBJECT>

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM Lee, SM Goh send condolences to JB Jeyaretnam’s family

soon PAP dog leetahbar the diabetic ugly fat slob chao ah kwa with kidney

disease will make his presence felt in the defense of his PAP masters.

when he's done sucking several of the bangalas' cocks he'll make his

way in here.

LOL

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
SM Goh Chok Tong's letter carries forth his humanity and warmth of feeling. It seems genuine. And from the heart. I feel good that he was once my PM.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do I remember or respect most about Mr J B Jeyaretnam? Even though I did not agree with his political cause, I respect his fighting spirit to advance it and his willingness to pay a price for it.
My question is, who reset the price to be extracted that the late Honorable Sir JBJ had to pay over and over again.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
CONDOLENCE LETTER FROM PRIME MINISTER LEE HSIEN LOONG ON DEMISE OF JB JEYARETNAM

30 September 2008

Mr Kenneth Jeyaretnam
Mr Philip Jeyaretnam

Dear Kenneth and Philip Jeyaretnam

I was sad to learn that your father, Mr Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam, has passed away.

Mr JB Jeyaretnam was a Member of Parliament for Anson constituency from 1981 till 1986, and a Non-Constituency Member of Parliament from 1997 till 2001. He used to engage in heated debates in the House. Perhaps it was because he and the PAP never saw eye to eye on any major political issue and he sought by all means to demolish the PAP and our system of government. Unfortunately, this helped neither to build up a constructive opposition nor our Parliamentary tradition. Nevertheless, one had to respect Mr JB Jeyaretnam’s dogged tenacity to be active in politics at his age.

However, our differences were not personal. In 1993, one of you (Kenneth) wrote to Mr Goh Chok Tong, who was then Prime Minister, to say that you found employers in Singapore reluctant to offer you a job, and your only explanation was that the employers felt the authorities would not welcome your employment because of your name. Mr Goh replied with a letter which could be shown to prospective employers, to say that the government did not hold anything against you, and that employers should evaluate you fairly on your own merits, like any other candidate, because Singapore needed every talented person that it could find. Mr Goh had previously made the same point to your brother Philip, whom he had invited to lunch. I am therefore happy that both of you have established yourselves in Singapore.

Please accept my deepest condolences.

Yours sincerely

Lee Hsien Loong

This is a condolence letter? Its more like " count yourselves lucky that we have only fixed your father and not you. Anyone speaking against our policies are out to damage PAP and Singapore and we have to dealt with extreme measure, we will make sure the families are not touched because the society so scared of us, they will help to terminate them.

We can't help it that the companies in Singapore are scared of us and decided not to hire you. Fuck! with all these barriers and you still able to have a foot hold here? Better increase the pressure to NGOs in the future."

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
COMMENTS OF SENIOR MINISTER GOH CHOK TONG IN RESPONSE TO MEDIA QUERIES ON THE DEMISE OF MR J B JEYARETNAM

I was taken aback when I learnt this morning that Mr J B Jeyaretnam had passed away. I did not expect it as I had recently read of his formation of a new political party and his interest in contesting in the next General Elections. I send my condolences to his two sons, Kenneth and Philip.

My first encounter with Mr Jeyaretnam was in the 1981 Anson by-election, which he won. I was then the PAP’s Organising Secretary. His victory showed that it was possible for opposition MPs to be elected into Parliament.

We had many more encounters later, in Parliament, during elections and in the Courts. Politically, we were on different sides of the fence. I did not believe his brand of politics was good for Singapore. PAP leaders and he had many heated exchanges. But despite this, we kept up our personal relationship.

As Prime Minister, I did not allow the PAP’s fight with Mr Jeyaretnam to affect his sons’ place in society. In reply to a letter from Kenneth, I assured him that we valued talent, regardless of his father’s stand in politics and determination to oppose us. I had invited Philip for lunch, to tell him the same thing.

PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE

SINGAPORE

This one at least have the style and professionalism. The one from LHL smell like crap.

locky2ky

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one at least have the style and professionalism. The one from LHL smell like crap.

yes the one from gct has more decency than lhl's. lhl not only doesn't show any statesmanship he seems to be mocking at jbj for being active in politics despite his old age.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
they at least show their respect to one of the most colourful and outspoken opposition that they can have.

JBJ was a gentleman who hated PAP's guts.

The MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan, on the other hand, is just a ruffian and a thug. People can claim this and that but the video recording of this running after PM Goh with the loudhailer doesn't lie.