• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Let the PAPies show us TRUE Graciousness. Ong Kah Chua needs medical supervision.

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Friends,

As I read the STATE media today, the fate of Mr Ong Kah Chua seems sealed, and it is certain that he would be incacerated at our prison.

He might not be able to see the lights of days ever again and face certain fate that he might die in prison.

Yes, he might have set an MP alight, but the circumstances that lead to his act should be examined.

The STATE TIMES and our leader were huffing and puffing that Mr Ong, should be shown no leniency whatsoever.

Now is it a question of leniency ?

Mr Ong, as the STATE Media have reported is a regular at our IMH. And he is of an advance age of 70. Why should he be charge in court in the first place ? How progressive and gracious are our Singapore Elites when they should resort to placing an old man with mental difficiency to be charge and given the maximum sentence ?

Why did our AG at our courts even allowed the case to be entered in our courts in the first place ?

At times like this, the nation, look towards the Graciouness and Compassion that our Elites in White have often advocated. For they have been bashing Singaporeans from all walks of life and demonising them as useless, complaining and whinning.

Above all, our mighty Elites in White, have always regarded Singaporeans are nothing but trouble, and yes Singaporeans are all ugly in their eyes.

This is an opportune time for our Immaculate leaders to LEAD by example and WALK THEIR TALK.

They should show us their compassion and graciousness.

Mr. Ong should be given his proper medical treatment.

Let true graciousness floursih. Will our leaders show to the world and demonstrate to us their weight in Temasek gold.

Dan

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember they put an old lady 70 plus years of age? into jail some years ago. The poor old lady did something, and the AG was so determine to sentence her to jail. The AG got his wish, and it came out in the papers. I did not read about it, but heard from others.

Anyone knows what happened?

BAck to Ong K C.

No doubt he will be tried in court, not only becos he is guilty, but to show the public what will happen if you attack a PAP personal. I wont say Ong is correct in burning a PAP member, but it just shows how much hate he has for someone.

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Yorkee,

Thanks for responding.

Let's examine for a while the kind of life Mr. Ong have been leading for the past few years.

Notice there is a complete blackout about his background scant a few details that he was an ex taxi driver.

Now it is obvious that our STATE TIMES have been trying their best not to give more information about his background.

But its obvious. He is staying alone. He doesn't seem to have any family members. He was a regular at IMH and he is seventy. Mr Ong, is just one of many thousands of Singaporean elderlies that have been all abandon by our gracious society.

Had he been given proper care and attention, would he have done what he did ?

As such time, the nation should reflect about the plight of the marginalised Singaporeans.

Mr Ong is obviously out of a job. He probably couldn't have other avenues to find other jobs as he is old and over seventy. Who would employ him ? In his depth of his depression and despair he had wanted an ang pow, perhaps to tide his thru the festive season and prices of consumables continues to escalate.

IF HE HAVE A MINIMAL SOURCE OF INCOME TO TURN TO, DOES HE HAVE ANY NEED OF AN ANG POW ?

MPs should start to PAY more attention to the plight of the poorer Singaporeans and walk their talk.

If we are a gracious and compassionate society indeed which the MIWs have often advocated, this incident would not have taken place at all.

Its time Singaporeans wake up to the realities of the marginalising environment which the PAPies have created.

Dan

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
In one of the papers today,

Some temple helpers were saying that they never did see the old man before for the past 28 years she have been helping out at the temple.

It is pretty clear, the media is going to hang him and perhaps try to minimize the sympathy we might have for the oldman.

We'll know in the next few days.

Dan

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember they put an old lady 70 plus years of age? into jail some years ago. The poor old lady did something, and the AG was so determine to sentence her to jail. The AG got his wish, and it came out in the papers. I did not read about it, but heard from others.

Anyone knows what happened?

BAck to Ong K C.

No doubt he will be tried in court, not only becos he is guilty, but to show the public what will happen if you attack a PAP personal. I wont say Ong is correct in burning a PAP member, but it just shows how much hate he has for someone.

I hope some lawyers or writers in the know can provide us with some details... or maybe give their take about putting those with mental issues in our jail.

On another note, Jack Neo our famous filmmaker director visited Mr Seng in the hospital and he told the press in an interview that Mr Seng is a very approachable man. Did he recieve any help from Mr Seng personally ?

For those who thinks Jack Neo is steep and tight with the sentiments in the heartlands just like Mr Seng, well, you can judge for yourself again.

Dan

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a need to provide testimonies to show the goodness of MP Seng.

This is because the Court will need to examine the degree of provocation that MP Seng gave to the 70 year-old man in order for him to behave in this manner.

Thus if some YCK residents, etc, etc (newspaper reports carry glowing testimonies) spoke well of him as a kindly man - then obviously that 70 year-old man has a mental problem that made him imagine good people as bad ones; and yet such mental problem is not severe enough to impair his judgement and control of his senses. Which makes the action premeditated.

This is only a guess as to how the prosecutor will argue the case.

The defense is possibly on the basis of extreme provocation. But the various newspaper reports on the kindness and goodness of MP Seng will make this an uphill task for the defense lawyer. After all, so many people cannot be wrong.

Besides, who will want to take on the side of a poor man, especially one who cannot offer any political advantages, potential salary, advancement to their supporters. And since he is so desperately in need of an ang-pow, what sort of value can he give you. His thanks?

But your point is a good one.

I do hope that the PAP will know that the plight of this 70 year-old man is in some ways due to their overall policies and also do their own internal investigations of MP Seng to reassess his suitability to be an MP, at least based on MP Seng's track record of provoking people.

And thus extend the hand of graciousness to a defenceless albeit guilty man.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you 100% bro ..

Mentally unsound, living alone, broke and about to be homeless, the elderly Mr Ong clearly needs society's help.

I remember the GST was increased by 40% to help the poor. Let's see how the system grants assistance to our sick and elderly.

Now that Mr Ong is under the ward of the authorities, I'm sure many will be watching.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Danny

I hope we agree that the due process of the law will be respective irrespective of the person the crime was committed on. Firstly OKC is guilty due to the heavy weight of evidence against him, the only question is the extent of his guilt and whether there are any mitigating circumstances which the judge can take into account.

For example diminished responsibility or an insanity plea. Aka the "ghost I heard speaking to me asked me to burn SHT". Perhaps extreme paranoia and schizoprenia might render him not guilty but in any other country he would still be locked up away from the general public.

Diminished responsibility, slight paranoia and schizophrenia would allow him a lighter jail sentence but he would still have to go to jail.

The fact that he is old is besides the point for the purposes of jail :_)) Look at Madoff and the no of people howling for him to be jailed.

He should be charged and the courts should be allowed to arrive at its verdict.

Locke

Dear Friends,

As I read the STATE media today, the fate of Mr Ong Kah Chua seems sealed, and it is certain that he would be incacerated at our prison.

He might not be able to see the lights of days ever again and face certain fate that he might die in prison.

Yes, he might have set an MP alight, but the circumstances that lead to his act should be examined.

The STATE TIMES and our leader were huffing and puffing that Mr Ong, should be shown no leniency whatsoever.

Mr Ong, as the STATE Media have reported is a regular at our IMH. And he is of an advance age of 70. Why should he be charge in court in the first place ? How progressive and gracious are our Singapore Elites when they should resort to placing an old man with mental difficiency to be charge and given the maximum sentence ?

Why did our AG at our courts even allowed the case to be entered in our courts in the first place ?

At times like this, the nation, look towards the Graciouness and Compassion that our Elites in White have often advocated. For they have been bashing Singaporeans from all walks of life and demonising them as useless, complaining and whinning.

Above all, our mighty Elites in White, have always regarded Singaporeans are nothing but trouble, and yes Singaporeans are all ugly in their eyes.

This is an opportune time for our Immaculate leaders to LEAD by example and WALK THEIR TALK.

Let true graciousness floursih. Will our leaders show to the world and demonstrate to us their weight in Temasek gold.

Dan

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope there is a good lawyer to represent OKC. Than again, do we still trust our kangaroo court? The LEEs take laws into their own hands by wanting to imprisoned OKC for life and before the court could mete out any fair punishement, we have heard national media pronouncing cruel judgement already. Singapore judicial system is invisible, when LKY decided how a person should be punished, it is done his way and no other way.

I do not want to be mean. I think SHiT suffering is worst it. At least he should be awkened by the fact that he is not a saint sitting in ivory tower smoking his philosophy instead of looking at life reality.

While he is lying in bed recuperating. SHiT should take this lesson to repent and by burning him to the "ground" he can actually feel what suffering is and how peasants have went thru all these before.

He may have all the best care in hospital given to him, and taxpayers monies spend solely on him to see him well while in pain. He should switch the role and play as poor peasant who can't even get a better care with limited means.

The burning is a wake up call to tell pap that they are not immortal, a matchstick is all it takes to turn them into ashes if friction continue to mount between them and the peasants.

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on Bro Dan, it is now time for PAP to show its graciousness, rather than to punish a mad 70 year-old man to jail for the rest of his life. Didn't PM advocate some time ago that Singaporeans should be more gracious? Walk the talk, lead by example, now is the time.

Would someone find the article will get a thanks from me.

troubledtimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since when will there be justice for th common man? This fellow will surely burn to a crisp. To the above, the outcome will be about revenge, you can bet BOTH your balls on that!

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Kawoki

Sorry am I to understand that just because SHT was a right arsehole to a constituent it gives the constituent a right to "burn him . " The only provocation acceptable by courts world wide is self defense or fear of one's life.

Locke

Lumpar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Friends,

Dan

bro, well say....clap! clap !! clap!!! parliament need more pple like you :smile:

Lumpar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on Bro Dan, it is now time for PAP to show its graciousness, rather than to punish a mad 70 year-old man to jail for the rest of his life. Didn't PM advocate some time ago that Singaporeans should be more gracious? Walk the talk, lead by example, now is the time.

Would someone find the article will get a thanks from me.

In his 1996 New Year Message then Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong highlighted the need for Singapore to become a gracious society by the 21st century. He emphasised that Singapore should not only continue to develop its economy, but should complement it with growth in personal development and in social behaviour.…In line with the Mr Goh’s call to build a gracious society, the Singapore Kindness Movement (SKM) aims to encourage Singaporeans to make a positive commitment to gracious living through simple acts of kindness in their daily activities. ?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope some lawyers or writers in the know can provide us with some details... or maybe give their take about putting those with mental issues in our jail.

On another note, Jack Neo our famous filmmaker director visited Mr Seng in the hospital and he told the press in an interview that Mr Seng is a very approachable man. Did he recieve any help from Mr Seng personally ?

For those who thinks Jack Neo is steep and tight with the sentiments in the heartlands just like Mr Seng, well, you can judge for yourself again.

Dan

If I say Mr Seng Han Thong is a very approachable man, I think most of you would say I am bullshiting. So let's not care whether he is approachable or not. The fact is OKC indeed set Seng Han Thong on fire.

If you have a worker whom you sacked for lateness. This worker has history of mental illness, he dulan you for sacking him. He set you on fire. People say you are a very approachable man, but you must have done something that made your ex-worker set you on fire. Who cares. It's a fact you were attacked and injured. Can we say set your ex-worker free since you made him lose his job? Should we judge on how you treat your ex-worker?

BTW, OKC has a son, daughter and his wife stays with his children while he is not staying with them. Why? Don't ask me, you go ask him. But who cares, when it does not involve his family, its his own actions which set a man on fire. Regardless of whether that man is MP or non-MP.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides, who will want to take on the side of a poor man, especially one who cannot offer any political advantages, potential salary, advancement to their supporters. And since he is so desperately in need of an ang-pow, what sort of value can he give you. His thanks?

So "many" forummers(not only this forum) supported Ong Kah Chua's actions, I am sure one or two of them are lawyers. So who is going to step up and help him out?

People: Wah sibei ho, wah sibei swee.
Ong Kah Chua: I need help. I need lawyer.
People: Sorry, we not lawyer, we not free, we no time....:rolleyes:

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I say Mr Seng Han Thong is a very approachable man, I think most of you would say I am bullshiting. So let's not care whether he is approachable or not. The fact is OKC indeed set Seng Han Thong on fire.

If you have a worker whom you sacked for lateness. This worker has history of mental illness, he dulan you for sacking him. He set you on fire. People say you are a very approachable man, but you must have done something that made your ex-worker set you on fire. Who cares. It's a fact you were attacked and injured. Can we say set your ex-worker free since you made him lose his job? Should we judge on how you treat your ex-worker?

BTW, OKC has a son, daughter and his wife stays with his children while he is not staying with them. Why? Don't ask me, you go ask him. But who cares, when it does not involve his family, its his own actions which set a man on fire. Regardless of whether that man is MP or non-MP.

Dear Mr Fox,

I am afraid you got yourself into a bind.

How SHT is, weather approachable or not, have no bearings whatsoever in the Courts. If he is good, fine. If he is not, so be it too.

NOW, having said that, OKC indeed have mental problems. Why are you ignoring that fact ?

Besides, I can even go as far as to agree with you that SHT is a goodman as he have let off a Taxi Driver who have punched him once but would only do so only the conditions are met. Those conditions are well, unknown. Why is it unknown ? Well you can speculate it yourself.

Whats even more interesting is about the info you have provided. That OKC could be abandon by his wife and kids, perhaps of his mental issues, well, we just have to wait for more info from our STATE MEDIA.

So, for the following reasons, that

1. He is 70 years old.
2. That he is jobless
3. That his family could have abandon him
4. That he have mental issues
5. That he needs money

And you still insist that he should be flog and be jailed, so be it.

I am NOT going to judge you. Remember, I could have called you an ungracious, Kiasu, Singaporean and that you are truly ungracious, but I didn't.

Your morals dimensions remains with you and yourself. Am I more gracious because of that ? ABSOLUTELY NO.

The POINT CANNOT BE SIMPLER. SHOULD A 70 Year old man, with mental problems be sent into prison ? I plead for leniency to be shown, for graciousness to flourish.

Let's not digress.

In fact, I can even agree with you that Mr Seng is a good man. But I would say that he is a GREATER Man if he can find it in his heart to forgive Mr Ong.

Thanks for responding.

Dan