• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lesson Learnt from Malaysia Saga

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comment from Zainul:-
Lessons learnt
It's quite a simple issue as far as usage and technicality (are concerned), as many Muslims scholars themselves have no objections in their usage. But when local conditions, cultural conditions and historical conditions are brought into play, then it became very sensitive. I think the lesson for us is that religion and culture are still very sensitive issues in our context, in our region in fact, and I think we should handle them sensitively. And you must be careful not to be drawn into such polemics or such controversial areas where it can in fact split us up as a society.

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issues is not as "quite as simple" in the comment...Leaders have to nip the core issues in the bud & contain them...I can see that prior to the burning of churches, leaders & media are fanning the sentiment..Hope all is well!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The issues is not as "quite as simple" in the comment...Leaders have to nip the core issues in the bud & contain them...I can see that prior to the burning of churches, leaders & media are fanning the sentiment..Hope all is well!

This is to destract the people from asking their leaders how, small mice can steal the entire ' grain silos'??? as in the theft of the jet engines by lower ranked personnel...

But in my opinion the Malaysians on the whole, do have a tolerance for each other's religion, and had been built up over the years, when Dr.M was around, though he may sprout some crazy comments, every now and then.

:p

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lessons learnt
It's quite a simple issue as far as usage and technicality (are concerned), as many Muslims scholars themselves have no objections in their usage. But when local conditions, cultural conditions and historical conditions are brought into play, then it became very sensitive. I think the lesson for us is that religion and culture are still very sensitive issues in our context, in our region in fact, and I think we should handle them sensitively. And you must be careful not to be drawn into such polemics or such controversial areas where it can in fact split us up as a society.

So your lesson learnt would help when you become the next leader of whatever side.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lessons learnt

religious issues are very sensitive so it is always prudent to tread with care on such issues...

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have publicly beheaded a cow and firebombed churches

One day they might storm a temple and smash ancestral tablets and other religious artifects

How would the Mudland Chinese react? How would Sinkapore Chinese react?