• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Tzu Yang

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screenshot_2019-01-06-15-50-04-585_com.android.chrome.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Stopped reading at "His father Tan Sri XXXXXXXX......."

Then i though of this cartoon strip

View attachment 51296

That cartoon is a load of bull.

I know a guy who was brought up by a poor single parent but that did not stop him from becoming very successful and admired by all.

1546804318888.png

On the other hand the son of Micheal Douglas, one of the wealthiest men in hollywood, ended up a drug addict and a jailbird.

michael-douglas-people-in-tv-photo-u27

Cameron Douglas, the son of actor Michael Douglas and his former wife Diandra Morrell Douglas has been arrested for drug offenses at least three times. In 2010, he was given a 5 year prison sentence for selling methamphetamine from a high-end Manhattan hotel.
After repeatedly violating prison rules by arranging for his lawyer to smuggle him drugs in jail, he was ordered to spend 2 years in solitary confinement and his prison sentence was nearly doubled.
Cameron Douglas, 34, is now scheduled for release in early 2018.

As you can see success has nothing to do with circumstances or family background. Anyone can become successful if they do the hard yards and the privileged kids can end up as abject failures just like anyone else.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Pathetic example. One swallow does not a summer make.

This is not a one off case. The school that I came from had a mixture of students from different backgrounds and the outcomes after a decade of education did not in any way correlate with the socio economic status of the parents.

In fact most of the top scholars came from humble backgrounds while the sons of rich pricks did relatively badly and were packed off overseas for their tertiary education because they could not get into NUS.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not a one off case. The school that I came from had a mixture of students from different backgrounds and the outcomes after a decade of education did not in any way correlate with the socio economic status of the parents.

In fact most of the top scholars came from humble backgrounds while the sons of rich pricks did relatively badly and were packed off overseas for their tertiary education because they could not get into NUS.

Your world is not THE world, and your friends certainly do not represent the country.

Thanks for making my point. This Lee fella most likely couldn't make it to local U, rich parents hauled him to London, got to "work his way up" at Shell through his father's connections. And of course, do you think Michael Douglas became who he was through his acting skills or his father's connections? And as a scion of the douglas family, the druggie got off lightly. He would probably get at least 3 times his sentence if he was a nobody nigger.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Your world is not THE world, and your friends certainly do not represent the country.

Thanks for making my point. This Lee fella most likely couldn't make it to local U, rich parents hauled him to London, got to "work his way up" at Shell through his father's connections. And of course, do you think Michael Douglas became who he was through his acting skills or his father's connections? And as a scion of the douglas family, the druggie got off lightly. He would probably get at least 3 times his sentence if he was a nobody nigger.

My world was a cross section of Singapore society from the slums of Chinatown to the glitzy mansions of district 9, 10 and 11.

And having travelled the world I can vouch for the fact that humans are the same the free world over. Children from poor families may not have the same luxuries and cushy surroundings but if they want to succeed they will. However if they allow themselves to be influenced by unsavory characters that is not the fault of the system or the country. It is their own fault.