• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Kuan Yew not offering asylum to his cousin Thug-Sin ??

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Thailand I think the King is an important factor for politics.

Thug-Sin lost the trust and patience of the king already.

The supreme court can issue warrant of arrest or sentence anything they deem fit, however if the king wish to pardon Thug-Sin, he have to power to do so under constitution. Thug-Sin obvious don't have the favor of his king now that's why he have to Run-Road. :smile:

No prison in Thailand can keep any person, if the king exercised royal pardon.

For an ousted PM who enriched his own family so much and then evaded tax audaciously :mad: , I think Thug-Sin is considered a foul filth even within the Thai prison. Put yourself in the shoes of Thai king, would you rather kick this Thug-Sin out of your land & let scums like LKy have him? :p

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..'Bangkok class' can press all it wants to "get" Thaksin ...Thai government is still allowing Thaksin to keep his red diplomatic passport and shall not be requesting for his extradition from UK. Thaksin is clearly a divisive force in Thailand....
What a charade. Samak and his cronies did not go further than the obligatory arrest warrants.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
At this time I will neglect the 66.6% and go for motivating more of the top 5% most active minority to do more and act quickly plus strongly.

This is the most effective ways to make a difference.

It is already proven that famiLEE LEEgime had conceded their banned protest and political film after ONLY JUST a few people like Martyn See made films over a short time, and not more than 50 Singaporeans had protested ever since CPFB 4-person protest in 2005.

It would take TOO MUCH time and resources to try to address the 66.6% although we don't permanently neglect them. Heaven showed me clearly that famiLEE LEEgime does not die by burying in the ballot boxes, but some other ways instead. They have to be screwed out of business 1st before we hold the 1st free and fair election or referendum.

Mr. Anwar in our north is doing similar ways. He is not relying on GE mainly. He was unable to take part in March's GE. He is entering parliament via By-Election, he will take BN regime over via non-election means. That is in my view exactly the more effective way to work, for Singapore, might be the only workable way indeed.

Civil campaigns in Thailand didn't bring Thug-Sin down. Civil campaigns in Taiwan didn't bring Chen Shui Bian down. However, non-electoral means worked in Thailand and ousted Thug-Sin. Thug-Sin managed to jump bail and flee Thai jurisdiction, however Ah-Bian failed to flee, only his son & daughter in law fled.

Singaporeans are urged to observe clearly, learn carefully, and remember permanently these parallel examples. Take reference and comparisons always, and never neglect these current affairs and histories. :wink:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
:wink:

Not just these, Temasek's assets in Thailand including Billion Dollar Shin corp will end up in smoke and ash.

Remember the angry Thais burnt Ass Loong & Ho Jinx's photos in front of SG embassy? SG flag also burnt.

Just let me refresh LEEgime's poor memories. :p

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was exactly how Samak's new party got elected isn't it?

It is a shadow replacement of the demolished Thai Rak Thai party which was found by Thug-Sin.

To acknowledge the truth, Thug-Sin's care of the Thai rural populations is still way better than the way famiLEE LEEgime betrayed and exploited poor / old / ailed Singaporean peasants.

I didn't hear that Thai poor jumped MRT under Thug-Sin's rule, our peasants did. :(

Thug-Sin didn't big mouth golden period when lives were hard, LKy did. :biggrin:

Thug-Sin most of all never paid himself million dollar salaries nor his ministers, LKy is doing it shamelessly and repeatedly increasing. :mad:

A

Alu862

And how is this news report going to increase the livelihood of poor Singaporeans

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yap Keng Ho,

It is clear that you have not lived in Thailand for a reasonable period of time and observed what is actually going on on the real ground in Thailand.

No doubt King Bhumipol is one of the pillar institutions in Thai society, the other 2 being the armed forces and Buddhism. However he is no saint or demi god. He has cleverly played the game in building up such an image over the decades as a monarch. He appears to have studied and understood why his brother King Ananda was apparently assasinated all those years ago. For more depth please refer to "The King Never Smiles" by Paul Handley where Handley provides a detailed discussion of Bhumibol's role in Thai political history and also analyzes the factors behind Bhumibol's popularity, though it is sometimes based on rumors which cannot be confirmed.

Like I said before, Thaksin for the first time in Thai political history empowered the rural majority lower classes. No doubt he stood to gain as well, but at least he did something real and practical for this previously disenfranchised group who were and are the majority. By doing so, Thaksin angered the elites and ruling classes in Bangkok. King Bhumipol was and is influenced by his courtiers in particular General Prem who were and are not happy that Thaksin diluted their previous stranglehold on political power in Thailand. The rest as they say is history.

Thaksin is a divisive force in Thailand for reasons as stated above. I think it is best that he stay out of Thailand indefinitely and allow Thailand to reconcile and focus on stability and its economy for the betterment of all Thais.

Btw if you travel to the Thai provinces and speak to the rural majority peasants, you will find that the large majority still support Thaksin notwithstanding the criminal charges. Why? Because under Thaksin they saw real positive change for themselves and a general uplift in their quality and standard of living.

In Thailand I think the King is an important factor for politics.

Thug-Sin lost the trust and patience of the king already.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is for the better really. What Thailand needs now is to return to stability and focus on its economy and its people. Thaksin is too divisive for now at least.

What a charade. Samak and his cronies did not go further than the obligatory arrest warrants.