• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Hsien Loong VERY IMPRESSIVE!

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
How true are these stories? You never have a single doubt before??

Doubt?

I have PERSONALLY SEEN HIM TALKING ABOUT THIS ON CHANNELNEWSASIA when CNA is launched, in 2000 or sometime around there.

That was when Video Conferencing is new and he was intereviewed by CNA, the news commentator asked him about what he has to say about the economy.

BG LEE replied : IF I AM TO BE THE PM OF SINGAPORE, IT IS NOT BECOS MY DAD IS THE PM, BUT PEOPLE VOTED FOR ME.

Not to forget the Hai Hum thingy and fix opposition. Also, the slapping incident is well known, written by a prominent personal. Talked about again by Goh CT before he hand over PM post to lee.

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are very lucky to have such an impressive PM!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=10544853

...John Key - NZ PM.

Dear Sam,

In the end it is not what other Heads of State think although I concede it may have some bearing on his credibility as a leader. But when the chips are down, it's the electorate's opinion that matters most.

IMHO, if he is really to be impressive, he would have asked a few of his members of cabinet to resign, people like WKS for obvious reasons and the moronic Communications Minister, whomever he is for allowing the 21% tarrif.

But above all this, if he had told his wifey to just stop her "knack for buying high", now that would well be IMPRESSIVE!

Cheers,

MentisMortis

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets see if he can win votes from the people by himself once his ah-pa is gone.

Proof is in the pudding, Mr. Prime Minister, and not in the talking.

PJ Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether you hate or love PAP, but we give credit when it is due, anyway, though I dislike some of his ministers, but overall PM Lee is a good man, I believe so, even if forumers here does not agree.:smile:

He said LHL was very impressive with speaking from prepared notes, duh.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans are very lucky to have such an impressive PM!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=10544853

...John Key - NZ PM.

TV2008112422090200.jpg

I also can speak off my cuff what e.g. after F1 interview! *zzzz*

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you meet him as A BG? Hahaha, let me relate you a story I heard from my collegue in NS times.

That was when he just got promoted to a BG. There was a dinner or something, a cook carrying the food in and so happen to see BG LEE. The cook while holding food should not salute, but being new, dono, just salute. Lee Charge him 40 days DB, just for that.

Case 2. The slapping incident, Dharnabalam, when Lee flipped Richard Hu office looking for something. Tony Tan was around too, Dhana quarreled and kena slap. Richard, tony and Dhana wanted to resign. LKY came in, gave BG LEE a good scolding. Lee Jr. Got home kena a more harsh one from his mother.

So you say he is nice?
=======================

maybe that time the cancer cells lodge in his brains make him behave funny.