• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

learn some critical thinking skills

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
i learned from my china chinese colleague that they are drilled to learn communism ideology and critical thinking from sec schools till universities. no wonder they beat our ass 90% of the in academic studies.

hope this helps.

[video=youtube;6OLPL5p0fMg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OLPL5p0fMg&feature=fvst[/video]

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
i learned from my china chinese colleague that they are drilled to learn communism ideology and critical thinking from sec schools till universities. no wonder they beat our ass 90% of the in academic studies.

hope this helps.

Not strictly true. Critical thinking and rote-learning do not exactly go hand-in-hand. I have heard from PRCs who have siblings back home that their siblings lock themselves up in their rooms and study from dawn to dusk. If they "beat our ass", it is only because they are good at memorizing whole chunks of text and "vomiting" them out during examinations. This is not a sign of a superior intellect. Any machine can replicate this "success".

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not strictly true. Critical thinking and rote-learning do not exactly go hand-in-hand. I have heard from PRCs who have siblings back home that their siblings lock themselves up in their rooms and study from dawn to dusk. If they "beat our ass", it is only because they are good at memorizing whole chunks of text and "vomiting" them out during examinations. This is not a sign of a superior intellect. Any machine can replicate this "success".

i have seen hordes of PRC working as professors and lecturers here in australia, and their numbers are even more among US universities.

i know singaporeans is facing an overwhelming challenge on home ground.. but dont let our prejudice marred our judgement but learned to overcome our shortcomings.

in another word... dont be jealous, but be inspired.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Critical thinking

System thinking

"Teach a man to fish, and he will overfish" :biggrin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1af08PSlaIs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>