• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lau Lee's poor attempt to intimidate NMP

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Errr Does this mean that we aspire to bear true faith and allegiance .....

I thought it was a duty of ours. Confused leh.

SAF Pledge:
We members of the Singapore Armed Forces do sincerely pledge that we will always bear true faith and
allegiance to the President and the Republic of Singapore. We will
always support and defend the Constitution. We will preserve and
protect the honour and independence of our country with our lives

AfterTimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya. That is only an aspiration. Nothing more, nothing less.

The SAF pledge is not a reality, it’s not practical. It will lead to grave and irreparable damage if we work on that principle. :biggrin:

papa san

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am amused by all these play acting. Would make a wonderful movie or novel.

Now this seem to make the NMP more eloquent than opposition members. Think about this? So no need for any opposition members next election....got it.

jw5

Loyal
Fuck the lau cheebye. Why don't he outright declare that this is his island and we all must abide by his laws???

The fact that he has come out to address this means that people know the pledge has not be practised. So if this debate heats up, there'll be a lot of trouble.
It is our fault that we don't understand him. :smile:

R

redlightmeansgo

If it's just an aspiration, aspirations can and do change.

Then why are we still reciting something that was crafted to address a set of circumstances that have since evolved? Is this aspiration still relevant, never mind the ideology? Whose aspiration is it anyway? Did anyone ask if I share the same aspiration?

We the citizens of Singapore, pledge ourselves as one UNITED People. ..

United according to whose values, and what?

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
US Aspirations?

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands: one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."