• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Latest: Zaid Ibrahim and Muhyiddin to join Pakatan soon?

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rumors have been swirling around since the ISA arrests last Friday that Law Minister Zaid Ibrahim will leave the cabinet has materialized today.

Reliable sources we spoke to told us that Zaid Ibrahim will call a press conference tomorrow to announce joining Pakatan Rakyat.

A greater shock may be in store for embattled PM Badawi. The 4th most senior leader in UMNO, Vice President Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin will lead a group of Johor UMNO MPs to join Pakatan thereby giving Anwar a comfortable malay muslim majority in the new parliament.

Far-fetched it may sound, it may not appear totally impossible after all given Muhyiddin’s recent call for Badawi to reconsider the transition plan which had led to some UMNO leaders asking him to resign from cabinet.

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/2008/09/15/zaid-ibrahim-muhyiddin-to-join-pakatan-soon/

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is sea-change.

Entire Gerakan & MCA finally also found their balls to go against UMNO after Anwar by-election and especially within the Racial Tensions after Ahmad Ismail 's stir. Gerakan & MCA had never never ever had such balls in the past decades.

I must sincerely congratulate Malaysia, including Gerakan & MCA.

Things will never be the same as before.

Malaysia under Mr. Anwar will develop very differently and sure will past the development of Singapore. Already under Dr. M Malaysia already exceeded Singapore in many areas. Abdullah slowed down and let LEEgime buy time to survive. However, this is OVER now. The speed Malaysia will go under Anwar can be stronger then Dr. M because Dr. M had the BN / UMNO burden and Anwar left UMNO and now have a totally different Pakatan engine.

Given 10 LKy and 100 Ass Loong in LEEgime, it will still not be able to catch-up with Anwar's leadership in Malaysia. :p:p:biggrin:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is sea-change.

Entire Gerakan & MCA finally also found their balls to go against UMNO after Anwar by-election and especially within the Racial Tensions after Ahmad Ismail 's stir. Gerakan & MCA had never never ever had such balls in the past decades.

Malaysia under Mr. Anwar will develop very differently and sure will past the development of Singapore. Already under Dr. M Malaysia already exceeded Singapore in many areas. Abdullah slowed down and let LEEgime buy time to survive. However, this is OVER now. The speed Malaysia will go under Anwar can be stronger then Dr. M because Dr. M had the BN / UMNO burden and Anwar left UMNO and now have a totally different Pakatan engine.

Given 10 LKy and 100 Ass Loong in LEEgime, it will still not be able to catch-up with Anwar's leadership in Malaysia. :p:p:biggrin:

So a Malaysian government made up of opposition coalition will move faster than Spore? How do you deduce that?
E.g Kelantan under PAS remained one of the most underdeveloped Msian states under PAS ruling. How does the opposition improve the life of the people there?

twochan

Alfrescian
Loyal
So a Malaysian government made up of opposition coalition will move faster than Spore? How do you deduce that?
E.g Kelantan under PAS remained one of the most underdeveloped Msian states under PAS ruling. How does the opposition improve the life of the people there?

To put it simply,

When opposition takes over, all the useless shit in BN will have to find some other jobs. There are still capable people within the BN... I hope that they will take over the spots that used to be hogged by the useless shits.

Same goes for our situation here in Singapore.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apart from Anwar as PM, who are the other characters to fill up the ministerial posts in the coalition?

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, do you question why Potong Pasir and certain part of Hougang is also so under developed?

If you go through the history you will find that Kelantan was in deep financial trouble when PAS took over, they owed money big time. Even with little resources and lacks of fundings from the Government, they managed to pay back most of the debt.

So never ever just look at the appearance.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
i do not think Muhyiddin will join.
he should be the next Vice PM and maybe the future PM.
i do not think he will risk it.
do you think Anwar will give him the post ?

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, do you question why Potong Pasir and certain part of Hougang is also so under developed?

If you go through the history you will find that Kelantan was in deep financial trouble when PAS took over, they owed money big time. Even with little resources and lacks of fundings from the Government, they managed to pay back most of the debt.

So never ever just look at the appearance.

The lack of development in Kelantan can be attributed to PAS restrictive policies which does not augur well for economic growth.

I wonder how long the fragile ties between the opposition will last before internal feuding sets in.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia's opposition is able to secure a breakthrough only because of an ex-BN leader Anwar. Without Anwar, Lim Kit Siang will probably still be kpkb in the wilderness.

There is no Anwar in Singapore. The opposition is in a pathetic state. Therefore what happens in Malaysia is highly unlikely to be replicated here. The PAP is much smarter than BN.

Instead of arresting bloggers under ISA to shut them up, they plan a mole in cyberspace (TOC) and promote it.

See the difference ?

It is sea-change.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not fair to compare Kelantan to the rest of Malaysia. Kelantan has always been a backwater in the peninsula. Its inhabitants are contented with the slow pace of them and rejected modernization. To them, Islam is more important than all the development you can get. That's why PAS is voted in again and again into power. Moreoever, the PAS state government has run the state efficiently with minimal corruption for the past 18 years which shows that the opposition has the potential to run a state relatively well.

The lack of development in Kelantan can be attributed to PAS restrictive policies which does not augur well for economic growth.

I wonder how long the fragile ties between the opposition will last before internal feuding sets in.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Muhyiddin has no chance if of even retaining his minister post if he remains in UMNO.

Why did he break ranks to ask Pak Lah to reconsider the transition plan ? He is actually paving a way for him to jump ship.

After his open rejection of Pak Lah's leadership, do you think Najib will give him a chance to challenge him ?

Najib and Muhyiddin are not on good terms all along. If Muhyiddin wait for 2010, he will most likely be bypassed by Najib.

The only way left for him is to team up with Razaleigh against Abdullah/Najib. However, Najib has too much power and clout within UMNO and it is unlikely Razaleigh is able to unseat him.

Muhyiddin has no choice but to throw his lot behind Anwar should he wants to become DPM. Anwar has stated he will appoint up to 5 DPMs. Among them is DAP's stalwart Lim Kit Siang and PAS Hadi Awang.

However, Kit Siang is distrusted by many malays while Anwar distrust Hadi Awang who openly flirted leaving Pakatan to join BN. His choices within PKR to his right hand man are equally limited: Khalid is the MB of Selangor, Azmin Ali is too junior and Salehuddin has little support on the ground.

The only person who is acceptable to the malays and have the experience to be Anwar's No 2 is Muhyiddin. In fact, if he leaves BN now, he will be hailed as a hero in the eyes of the rakyat.

i do not think Muhyiddin will join.
he should be the next Vice PM and maybe the future PM.
i do not think he will risk it.
do you think Anwar will give him the post ?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL, all rhetoric only. You think Anwar is the political Melayu Superman? Who are they trying to kid. You think Anwar can enable BN cross overs and ensure a stable coalition without $$$ buying political power? You think Anwar can wave a wand and eradicate corruption? Please lah think back to who were Anwar's backers when he was DPM and FM, the Chinese towkays and rich Indian bizmen.

Yes, Anwar may pave the way to quicken the restructuring of Malaysia's poltical system but even with a 2 party bloc political system endemic corruption and patronage cannot be wished away so easily, also the race/religious issues.

Dream on ...

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are mistaken. Muhyiddin has Mahathir's backing and Mahathir still has alot of clout in UMNO, in fact I believe Mahathir shall be returning to the fold once again very shortly. Najib appears to be distancing himself once again from Pak Lah. The ISA move was truly the wrong gambit by Pak Lah, and I would not be surprised if Pak Lah is pushed aside in the next month or two by Najib together with Muhyiddin.

Muhyiddin has no chance if of even retaining his minister post if he remains in UMNO.

The only person who is acceptable to the malays and have the experience to be Anwar's No 2 is Muhyiddin. In fact, if he leaves BN now, he will be hailed as a hero in the eyes of the rakyat.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It take a ex UNMO DPM to possibily bring down BN coalition.

Likewise SG PAP will lose power only if a influential PAP strongman creates chaos from within.

Anwar self proclaimed Malaysian Malaya - Isn't that what LKY wanted in the 1960s.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mahathir has given up on Najib and now throw his support behind Razaleigh. Najib has no choice but to stick with Abdullah.

Muhiyddin will have to team up with Ku Li.

Now, Ku Li and Dr M are arch rivals in the 1980s when the former tries unsuccessfully to overthrow the latter.

After Ku Li returns to UMNO in 1996, he was sidelined by Dr M. Ties between the two men are not good, otherwise why did Dr M wait for so long to support Ku Li when he announced after March GE he will challenge AAB ?

Rather than seeing Anwar, a greater mortal enemy ousting AAB, Dr M has no choice but to support Ku Li now as he is the only leader who has openly challenged AAB.

Do you think Dr M will help Ku Li FOC ? Of course there are strings attached. I think Dr M will push for the setting up of a Presidential Council with him in charge to oversee the PM. Najib knows his plans and that's why he refuse to listen to Dr M. What makes you think Muhyiddin will accept Dr M's continued interference in the administration ?

I think you are mistaken. Muhyiddin has Mahathir's backing and Mahathir still has alot of clout in UMNO, in fact I believe Mahathir shall be returning to the fold once again very shortly. Najib appears to be distancing himself once again from Pak Lah. The ISA move was truly the wrong gambit by Pak Lah, and I would not be surprised if Pak Lah is pushed aside in the next month or two by Najib together with Muhyiddin.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not fair to compare Kelantan to the rest of Malaysia. Kelantan has always been a backwater in the peninsula. Its inhabitants are contented with the slow pace of them and rejected modernization. To them, Islam is more important than all the development you can get. That's why PAS is voted in again and again into power. Moreoever, the PAS state government has run the state efficiently with minimal corruption for the past 18 years which shows that the opposition has the potential to run a state relatively well.

Did PAS offer the voters a slow rate of development?

Is it acceptable to accept such mediocrity? And would PAS then offer the same type of policy to the rest of Malaysia if they were to be part of the leading opposition party heading the govt?

Manifesto - Vote for me and i'll send you to the dark ages which you all wish for?

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
A very noble ministerial resignation - Zaid Ibrahim

Mr. Zaid Ibrahim have earned my respect with his very noble resignation from BN cabinet.

It is only the misfortune of us Singaporeans to not have any minister of such quality and principle. It is indeed impossible to have it within famiLEE LEEgime because that is a total misfit with both the cultures of famiLEE and the LEEgime under this selfish greedy coward famiLEE.

Chinese idiom said 上梁不正下梁歪 meaning the subordinate officials usually follows corrupted examples of of their own superiors, thus it is logically hopeless to expect righteous officials within the lower ranks when the higher ranks are corrupted above them.

The example of righteous Malaysian minister Mr. Zaid Ibrahim is the best evidence, in that this righteous minister can only withstand for few months within the corrupted government which exploited ISA against opposition, he can not withstand to stay with the abusive government any longer after ISA is abused to arrest opposition MP & reporter & blogger. So he made his resignation.

Why does Ass Loong Son's cousin-in-law Wong Kan Seng still stay within his famiLEE cabinet 7 months after limping JI fled from ISD? Because WKS is a perfect fit within the corrupted famiLEE LEEgime! He is perfectly comfortable within the corrupted and incompetent cabinet, just as well as such a cabinet is perfectly comfortable and compatible with him. He is part of the royal famiLEE via his wife who is directly a part of famiLEE, being a cousin of Ass Loong Son.

Another Chinese idiom said 臭味相投 that means the fouls and the stings usually group together and team together. Imply that the upright and uncorrupted will not mix with such a group / cabinet. Therefore, there is no such righteous minister within famiLEE LEEgime's million dollar cabinet like Mr. Zaid, if there were any would had made their resignations long time ago. :-)

In the contrary for Mr. Zaid's resignation, I will apply another Chinese idiom 良禽择木而棲 which means the better birds will know how to make better choice to nest on a superior tree.

Quote MalaysiaKini's interview with Mr Zaid:

Q&A: I have failed to convince them
Beh Lih Yi | Sep 16, 08 7:37pm
Outgoing de facto Law Minister Zaid Ibrahim bares his thoughts to journalists during a 40-minute press conference at his office in Putarajaya today.
posted by uncleyap at 10:25 AM

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote MalaysiaKini's interview with Mr Zaid:

Q&A: I have failed to convince them
Beh Lih Yi | Sep 16, 08 7:37pm
Outgoing de facto Law Minister Zaid Ibrahim bares his thoughts to journalists during a 40-minute press conference at his office in Putarajaya today.

MCPX
track

Among others, he laments about the declining condition of race-relations in Malaysia and calls on politicians not to be narrow-minded or cultivate hatred among the different races.

He also urges Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to trust all races.

Below are excerpts from Zaid’s question-and-answer session with the journalists:

When you said you have failed, what exactly have you failed in?

dae63809c0cc4b2e7c8e20e184836b8f.jpg
I have failed to convince those in authority to effect changes about how this government should move forward. I failed to convince them.
I believe in the basic principle that this country respects all rights and citizens. This country is for all, there is no room for discrimination, this country is about rule of law and transparency, these are the things that we need to change.
If you don’t subscribe to these principles or just pay lip service to them, it will be difficult to translate (these) into policies. This is my feeling.

You are adamant about resigning despite the prime minister rejecting it?

I am not adamant, I am just saying that I have made up my mind. I thank the prime minister for asking me to take leave but I have my point, I think it’s best I leave (resign).

Why are you giving up on your efforts to push for reforms?

This is not giving up, this is paving the way for transformation. In a way I hope (my decision) can wake up people and result in some changes, that’s my hope, to trigger some positive changes.

You’ve been brought in to the cabinet to introduce judiciary reforms, what is going to happen to that?

All these (questions) you have to ask after December (Umno party polls,). I don’t know, you have to ask the prime minister, maybe he will re-organise the cabinet and supreme council (line-up who) will be more supportive (of reforms). It depends on so many things, I can’t answer that.

Will judiciary reforms come to a stop with your resignation?

I don’t know, you will have to ask the new prime minister (smiles), or rather the prime minister.

Are you disappointed with Prime Minister Abdullah (Ahmad Badawi)?

f691c0496a1712cfad6da0f99906cb89.jpg
He is a nice man. He has other things to deal with that I may not know (of). Remember he is the party president, I am just an ordinary guy, I don’t have to worry about other things, he may have other things to worry about, you have to ask him.

Did the prime minister support your reforms?

Within the constraints he got, yes, he was supportive but he got constraints.

Do you think the internal party conflicts are hindering his ability to be an effective prime minister?

I believe so. That’s why I feel that things will be better - for the government or the Barisan Nasional - after December.

Do you think if Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim forms government, you will have the support to initiate reforms?

I just hope that anyone who forms the government - be it Abdullah, Najib Abdul Razak, Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah, Muhyiddin Yassin or Anwar - I don’t care who - but I just want all those (things on) my wish list to be transformed. That is of course my hope, but as I said we have to see what happens first.

What's next for you - still with Umno or join PKR?

It’s a very difficult question. The reforms I talk about, I got much criticism from Umno. Sometimes I think I should have changed (to be) like them instead of me trying to change them.
I do have some problems (in Umno) but at the same time I don’t know PKR well, I don’t know the leaders, so it’s too early to say but I have an open mind and I’m not in a hurry to make any decision.

Have you been courted by the opposition?

Courted? The last time I was courted was 30 years ago (laughs). No, but I have friends all over the place who call up but these are things happening to everybody.

But there is a rumour that you are joining PKR?

No, I have not made any decision of joining anybody. I am just saying that I have to do this. I hope it will trigger some good things, it will trigger some changes on the people in power, self-reflection and I hope the prime minister will overcome his challenges without the burden I carry (on him).

Are you going back to practice?

I don’t think so. I want to start a foundation to help build closer relations among the people in this country. I think race discrimination, prejudice and race relations are very bad. When I was young, I remember I thought we had much closer interracial (ties). Today we are a divided country.

Are you staying on as a senator?

Yes, because it will be nice to talk sometimes in the Senate to give my views on public issues. I love and care for this country very much like you all, I will do what I can. I believe this country is founded on very simple principles but very strong principles - fairness to all, justice, freedom, all those good things, I will work towards that.

What is the cause of the racial divide?

We have to do something to bring back trust and take action against some people who are bent on creating this division because of their own political agendas. We must overcome this.

You have been hailed as a hero and a man of principle?

I am not a hero, this is exaggeration. If I am a hero, I would have been successful in transforming this country. I just happen to say what I feel and do what I think is right.

What is the most important thing that the prime minister should do to bring some sort of changes?

d3d0178acfaeca841f09bf4e1e7c3bc5.jpg
The one single thing I think, is (for him) to trust the people in this country - all races. If you can’t bring yourself to that level of trust and acceptance, you will always worry if a particular policy will benefit this group or not. You worry whether you will upset certain benefits and privileges you have.
So long as you think sectarian or (along ) racial (lines), if you have too much thinking of that, it’s hard for you to have a policy that reaches out to everyone and applies to all. That psychological barrier has to be overcome.
We have to trust that we are one people and want to build one country and we want to have laws that apply to all.

In that sense, is it time for race-based parties to go?

I said before you can have race-based parties, you can fight for your community but you still can think of the country and common principles which bind us. You don’t have to be narrow-minded or cultivate the feeling of hatred, you have to do the opposite. These changes and reforms are for the country.

What do you have to say about your cabinet colleagues who have criticised you?

To my cabinet colleagues, I think some of them are very fine gentlemen. We have differences of views but there is no hard feelings, I hope to maintain that.

Before the Internal Security Act arrests, has it ever crossed your mind to resign?

Yes, it has crossed my mind a couple of times, even in the early days (of my tenure).
When is your last day?

Looks like today (laughs).

A

Alu862

PAS states are backward as the party confroms to extremist Islamic theory. Some of their policies such as those against women are also against Human Rights, the very thing Anwar, Ypa and the "no policies" SDP is promoting. So who is to one talking now?

PAs states may have been in financial trouble but are still no better than DAP states. With a coalition government, that makes it worse since PAS would not accept some Chinese policies.

Dream on with your "great" "democratic" coalition