• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Latest Updates - Dr. Lily Neo to head MCYS

Hammerton

Alfrescian
Loyal
I propose we start a thread to lobby for Dr. Lily Neo to be promoted to a full-fledged cabinet Minister in the new parliament.

Dr. Lily Neo should be make the Minister for MCYS replacing VB. She is also the ideal candidate to replace LHW as the cabinet minister for women's affair.

Dr. Lily Neo is probably the only MP within the outgoing parliament that had an excellent rapport with her constituents as well as a heart to serve.

Please vote your supports!

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I propose we start a thread to lobby for Dr. Lily Neo to be promoted to a full-fledged cabinet Minister in the new parliament.

Dr. Lily Neo should be make the Minister for MCYS replacing VB. She is also the ideal candidate to replace LHW as the cabinet minister for women's affair.

Dr. Lily Neo is probably the only MP within the outgoing parliament that had an excellent rapport with her constituents as well as a heart to serve.

Please vote your supports!

Many thanks in advance.

You support a woman being in charge of MCYS and be the cabinet minister for women's affairs? How obtuse can you be?

Especially after Grace Fu's words: "I think in the past we tend to take a more neutral stand. We always felt that we represent more than just the women MP, because we have among our constituents also men, also the young, the elderly and so on. I think we need to have a voice on women's issues within the party to be louder. That I think would probably set the tone going forward," said Ms Fu. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1128839/1/.html

I prefer a man but not an effeminate looking man. Only then can men's rights not be destroyed by feminists.

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You support a woman being in charge of MCYS and be the cabinet minister for women's affairs? How obtuse can you be?

Especially after Grace Fu's words: "I think in the past we tend to take a more neutral stand. We always felt that we represent more than just the women MP, because we have among our constituents also men, also the young, the elderly and so on. I think we need to have a voice on women's issues within the party to be louder. That I think would probably set the tone going forward," said Ms Fu. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1128839/1/.html

I prefer a man but not an effeminate looking man. Only then can men's rights not be destroyed by feminists.

What is this rubbish about obtuse? PAP is even more obtuse than it believes it is not.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IR123, I know you do not understand anything. Effeminate looking man, and not man... thank God you will never be an elected MP.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
IR123, I know you do not understand anything. Effeminate looking man, and not man... thank God you will never be an elected MP.

oh, so that's what you meant by 'rubbish'

well, i beg to differ

er....you believe in God? have a hotline to God? since you used the name of 'God', what God? which God?

Last edited:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmmm...no reply from you. Anyway, let's proceed on content.

What makes you so sure that Dr Lily Neo will not use her position as head of MCYS to further women's rights and entrenched them as law in the Women's Charter? Given that Grace Fu's call for militancy in the women wing of the PAP.

I have always believe that a minister is a neutral position, gender-neutral. Already MCYS is a champion of the women's charter which once made law, will influence other ministries in their policies. The laws are already so unequal. Why therefore propose a woman to make it even more unequal?

Explain your logic and understanding.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmmm...no reply from you. Anyway, let's proceed on content.

What makes you so sure that Dr Lily Neo will not use her position as head of MCYS to further women's rights and entrenched them as law in the Women's Charter? Given that Grace Fu's call for militancy in the women wing of the PAP.

I have always believe that a minister is a neutral position, gender-neutral. Already MCYS is a champion of the women's charter which once made law, will influence other ministries in their policies. The laws are already so unequal. Why therefore propose a woman to make it even more unequal?

Explain your logic and understanding.

Clearly, you have no understanding of PAP politics affecting the operation of the law or parliamentary decision making here in the last 50 years. What you say applies outside Singapore in other countries. Singapore law ceased to have any semblance to British Law in practice. Logic is meaningless when Chan Sek Keong reinterpreted the Parliamentary Election Act creatively with regards to loitering at polling station, and the 52 man year excuse for accountability of the reserves in a country that claims to be transparent and accountable. FYI, the report for our reserves is still not out and yes you can do it as it is 52 man years and not 52 years. In China, decisions and outcomes are decided first and then the law is just dressing. It still applies for doing business in China - relations count.

Logic has been irrelevant in Singapore. Lily will be a good nuisance to the PAP ruling elite and she is likely to try to help the needy as her track record shows. Passing any legislature is not a feel shiok can pass event, even if LKY and Goh takes a backseat on paper. BTW, I used "thank God", in a secular manner, just as "repent" was used by LKY and as claimed by SM Goh, in a secular manner.