• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LATEST: SDP calling for joint campaign with WP in Punggol East BE

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The bargaining chip is the right to run a TC. It must great fun running it.

That's right bro. Running a town council is better than sex. The shiok feeling of staying up everyday past 12 to settle accounts, handle cleaning and delivery, liaise with contractors, manage events, block parties, even funerals .... WA LAO EH you can have the MP seat ALL YOU WANT ... there is nothing else in the world I'd rather do!

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP have zero respect for Punggol East residents. You think the voters will scarify for his political dream?

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee should be asking MIW for the deal since they are more likely to win. Just tell the MIW that since they are already the dominating party, what's the harm in getting the SDP in parleement? It will show them as magnaminous and will win them more votes.

I have never seen anyone so desperate to get into parleement. So hardup until like that.

His integrity really down the drain. I dun see any diff between him and his ex-colleague "don't talk cock" Ling How Doong. Seems like birds of a feather flock together.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just wonder whether the PAP knew something about the mental state of CSJ that we did not. I am surprised that the good, old mental doctor, his close colleague, AYG, has not also spotted this.

Dun forget that they "poisoned" his food when he was in prison.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
His integrity really down the drain. I dun see any diff between him and his ex-colleague "don't talk cock" Ling How Doong. Seems like birds of a feather flock together.

How Doong at least was MP for a while. Chee has never been and will possibly never be an MP.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's right bro. Running a town council is better than sex. The shiok feeling of staying up everyday past 12 to settle accounts, handle cleaning and delivery, liaise with contractors, manage events, block parties, even funerals .... WA LAO EH you can have the MP seat ALL YOU WANT ... there is nothing else in the world I'd rather do!

As I said in another post, it's like Jabba the Hut saying, Han I wont let the bounty hunters kill you but let me screw Leia.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

With more opportunity to steal from the people thru crony companies, sure, why not?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This thing is getting complex. It is almost like committing political suicide, impossible to believe. To make sense of this, it could be CSJ's way to retire from politics, a price to pay for getting out of bankruptcy. Not to appear having to bow down to high authority, this could be his graceful way to do it. It has been a long journey. No human being can prolong this longer. So bye bye SDP supporters.

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thing is getting complex. It is almost like committing political suicide, impossible to believe. To make sense of this, it could be CSJ's way to retire from politics, a prize to pay for getting out of bankruptcy. Not to appear having to bow down to high authority, this could be his graceful way to do it. It has been a long journey. No human being can prolong this longer. So bye bye SDP supporters.

No. bye bye Chee Soon Juan, step aside and let Vincent Wijeysingha transform SDP into something it still has the potential to become.

I had actually said before that a party which WP's grassroots organisation and SDP's grasp of government policy will be a formidable opponent to the PAP. There is some logic in CSJ's statement in that the WP is better at running town councils and SDP is better at debating in parliament. But to actually open your fucking mouth to say something like this in a press conference is political suicide.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way I see it, CSJ's political future is doomed. Even if he's so desperate to get into Parliament and create chaos at every Parliament sitting, this is definitely not the correct approach. He's only making a fool of himself to the voters and a big embarrassment to his fellow members.

He knew if SDP were to go solo in this BE, there is totally no chance at all. At least he would have gained some respect (for his party if not for himself) if he would just simply announce that they won't be participating in this BE but will do more groundwork and preparation for the next 2016 GE.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No. bye bye Chee Soon Juan, step aside and let Vincent Wijeysingha transform SDP into something it still has the potential to become.

I had actually said before that a party which WP's grassroots organisation and SDP's grasp of government policy will be a formidable opponent to the PAP. There is some logic in CSJ's statement in that the WP is better at running town councils and SDP is better at debating in parliament. But to actually open your fucking mouth to say something like this in a press conference is political suicide.

An excellent political commentary!

CECbus

: SDP calling for joint campaign with WP

Dear yourSDP (dr chee's ?),

We like your creative proposal, despite the claim of IP infringement by another party.

However, we refer you to our minutes which were not leaked earlier:

following our emergency meeting after the resignation of Mr Palmer YESTERDAY,
the decision was made:

Ms Lee Li Lian will continue to be our candidate to serve the residents of
Punggol East in any future by-election/general election.

The Brain
On behalf of Annie Lennox
And the rest of the gang

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way I see it, CSJ's political future is doomed. Even if he's so desperate to get into Parliament and create chaos at every Parliament sitting, this is definitely not the correct approach. He's only making a fool of himself to the voters and a big embarrassment to his fellow members.

He is desperate maybe not for himself to get into parliament, but for one person, somebody from SDP to get into parliament. He probably feels that SDP is under threat because if they don't get elected in the next 2 cycles, a long slow slide into irrelevance awaits them.

Their best shot is that they contested in Bukit Panjang in 2011, whose seat is occupied by none other than Teo Hon Pin who is presiding over the AIM scandal. They can get one of their big guys opposite him. Probably not Chee Soon Juan, but maybe VW. It's possible to get him into parliament. They didn't have to butt into Punggol East SMC.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you very much, Dr Chee for the magnificent entertainment. Otherwise it would be extremely boring with three parties hurling insults and vulgarities at one another.

Last edited:

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old timer still remember how CST is booted out of SDP and almost loss his parliamentary seat.
As long as Dr Chee is in SDP, I don't see them going very far.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think SDP's intention is to enable their representative through winning the PE seat to speak on national issues in parliament and leaving the handling of municipal issues to WP. Under this arrangement where SDP will end up with little connection with the residents, it would mean that the party come GE in 2015 or 2016 is not going to contest this ward and leave it then to WP to fight the PAP one-on-one. So it is just a temporary measure for SDP to make an impact for 3 years or so and eventually to hand it back to WP in the next GE. With so many pressing national issues maybe SDP (and many as well) feel that their candidate is in a better position to speak up than the WP representative...

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Now is the time for someone with leadership to assume control, to show his mettle and the first thing to demonstrate leadership is to formally take over as leader.