• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LATEST from Hong Lim Park: Tension in the air as dark clouds gather above

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even as storm clouds gathered over the skies in downtown Singapore, over 700 Singaporeans congregate at a small plot of space at Speakers Corner, Hong Lim Park, to register their displeasure at the financial governing bodies and institutions over the Lehman brothers minibond fiasco.

While the Hong Kong Legislative Council invoked a special order two days ago to probe into alleged mis-selling by the financial institutions, Singapore’s minibond investors continue to be left in limbo by a pro-business government which is not only reluctant to launch an independent investigation, but refuse to meet the investors collectively to listen to their concerns.

Read field report and photos here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/15/l...d-as-troubled-investors-mulled-their-options/

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even as storm clouds gathered over the skies in downtown Singapore, over 700 Singaporeans congregate at a small plot of space at Speakers Corner, Hong Lim Park, to register their displeasure at the financial governing bodies and institutions over the Lehman brothers minibond fiasco.

While the Hong Kong Legislative Council invoked a special order two days ago to probe into alleged mis-selling by the financial institutions, Singapore’s minibond investors continue to be left in limbo by a pro-business government which is not only reluctant to launch an independent investigation, but refuse to meet the investors collectively to listen to their concerns.

Read field report and photos here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/15/l...d-as-troubled-investors-mulled-their-options/

Hi Avantas,

Is TKL slotted to speak again?

Hopefully that moron, a supposedly "well-known" fat-arse whose opportunistic motives are clearly apparent, who jumped on TKL's bandwagon makes no stupid speeches again.

Cheers,

MentisMortis

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
2973334687_cfcd0529f3_o.jpg

u all went in with eyes wide open...now you tell me your eyes were close....or half close and half open.....

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
tkl u got tired or not every saturday spending your precious time with these people with eyes wide open and now half close....worth it or not....

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tkl u got tired or not every saturday spending your precious time with these people with eyes wide open and now half close....worth it or not....

Tired? I find it rather exciting. It is like watching a snowball rolling down from the alp and likely to cause great avalanche never before seen in history.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tired? I find it rather exciting. It is like watching a snowball rolling down from the alp and likely to cause great avalanche never before seen in history.

rolling snowball gathers no moss lah....just waiting for tkl to make one silly mistake and that's the end of the snowballing or rollerblading....but tkl has been very careful...but nothing much can be done now since the god has spoken...all of you got eyes and you all went in with eyes wide open...now mas and banks all happy with strong support not to respond and not to compensate these wide open eyes investors....u die your business....just too bad..u were not blind....greed...greed....greed. that's very simple...greed and more greed.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Hi Avantas,

Is TKL slotted to speak again?

Hopefully that moron, a supposedly "well-known" fat-arse whose opportunistic motives are clearly apparent, who jumped on TKL's bandwagon makes no stupid speeches again.

Cheers,

MentisMortis

Oh dear, MM, I really have to disappoint you. :wink:

Its quite lame actually, when you start to accuse me to be "opportunistic". When opposition did not do anything, you all complain why only 5 year one time appearing for election and that being opportunistic. Then if opposition members walk out to help, you claim again, that's opportunistic. Well, alas, if we are going to take your words that seriously, we will really get no where, will we?

Goh Meng Seng

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder how many victims are there in this financial fiasco ?

I guess, these victims may become opposition supporters overnight. With MM harsh words being sanitized by The Shitty Press Holding, it still angers these victims as these victims were wide eyes open when investing in these instruments as cited by MM Lee.

Yes, PAP, please do more damages to hurt the feelings of your supporters.

1. Serangoon Garden foreign workers hostel fiasco, PAP you have f88ked your 56% supporters there.

2. PAP's hypocritical remarks to help the minibonds investors or victims are nullified by MM Lee comment about wide eyes open.

3. 21% price hike in electricity despite drop in diesel.

4. Your cronies benefited from the F1 race whereas the rest of the businesses are affected.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
My full message to the investors this evening is that now they have exhausted whatever means provided by MAS, what's next?

Two possible routes left, political pressure and class action lawsuit.

I seriously think that class action lawsuit should be the last last resort as it is time consuming, very expensive and uncertain. Most importantly, it may put us as a nation in bad light under international scrutiny.

Thus, political pressure should be next viable step, pressure them by knocking at their doors during MPS. Continue with the gatherings at Hong Lim. And most importantly, must VOTE WITH THEIR EYES OPEN for the next GE.

Goh Meng Seng

I wonder how many victims are there in this financial fiasco ?

I guess, these victims may become opposition supporters overnight. With MM harsh words being sanitized by The Shitty Press Holding, it still angers these victims as these victims were wide eyes open when investing in these instruments as cited by MM Lee.

Yes, PAP, please do more damages to hurt the feelings of your supporters.

1. Serangoon Garden foreign workers hostel fiasco, PAP you have f88ked your 56% supporters there.

2. PAP's hypocritical remarks to help the minibonds investors or victims are nullified by MM Lee comment about wide eyes open.

4. Your cronies benefited from the F1 race whereas the rest of the businesses are affected.

Z

Zombie

Its quite lame actually, when you start to accuse me to be "opportunistic".

Two possible routes left, political pressure and class action lawsuit.

Thus, political pressure should be next viable step, pressure them by knocking at their doors during MPS. Continue with the gatherings at Hong Lim. And most importantly, must VOTE WITH THEIR EYES OPEN for the next GE.

The intention is clear.
司馬昭之心, 路人皆知

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

4. Your cronies benefited from the F1 race whereas the rest of the businesses are affected.[/COLOR]

Bus fare increases, MAS cock up,... expect more screw ups. The global crisis is just beginning & as it goes on it'll uncover lots & lots of problems.

PAP is sleeping with its biz as usual atitude. Expect things to get ugly :rolleyes:

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
singaporeans voted pap again and again... so they are responsible for their actions... stop making a ruckus and be obedient sheeps.. stupid sinkees !!.. :biggrin::biggrin:

gohmengseng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The intention is clear.
司馬昭之心, 路人皆知

The truth is, by Hong Kong's happenings, it is very clear that only political pressures work towards forcing the Legco to initiate investigations into the whole issue. There is no mystery or secret about this.

Political pressure will only come with a balance of power within the system. Sad to say, that's what is lacking in Singapore. So VOTE WITH YOUR EYES OPEN!

Goh Meng Seng

Z

Zombie

The truth is, by Hong Kong's happenings, it is very clear that only political pressures work towards forcing the Legco to initiate investigations into the whole issue. There is no mystery or secret about this.

Political pressure will only come with a balance of power within the system. Sad to say, that's what is lacking in Singapore. So VOTE WITH YOUR EYES OPEN!

Goh Meng Seng

And therefore, don't be defensive when you are being called "opportunistic".

The intention is clear.
司馬昭之心, 路人皆知

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The intention is clear.
司馬昭之心, 路人皆知

I agree. Take the opportunity and let it be known that the opportunity is being taken instead of wasted. After all, 乱世出英雄. Nothing wrong or to be apologetic about. If an opportunity arise and nobody takes it, then we should worry.

Fuchai

Alfrescian
Loyal

The intention is clear.
司馬昭之心, 路人皆知

Well, there is a chinese saying "机会是留给准备好的人". If he choose to sit on it and do nothing, he is probably not worth my vote.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

The intention is clear.
司馬昭之心, 路人皆知

Dear Zombie,

As I have said before, I am not even sure if I am going to stand for elections next round! :wink:

But my message is that opposition politicians should take up this issue, never mind if ppl like MM is going to accuse them to be "opportunist" or not. And yes, if politicians, be it opposition or ruling parties, do not sieze opportunities like this one to work for the people's welfare, then we should be worried.

I am not ""defensive" about people calling me names here, especially from MM but just find it quite amusing how their minds work. As I have said, if we are going to take their views too seriously (to be defensive about), then I think we will not progress anyway.

The fact is, I have avoided "politicising" this issue up till today because I think this should be one of the last resort after investors have exhausted all means provided by MAS. Although the end result is rather predictable from all these means provided by MAS, I still give them the benefits of doubts then. Let the investors tried out all the means and experience the process of being brush aside, ignored and such. Let them experience the biasness of MAS and the high-pressure methods used by financial institutions in dealing with the interviews. I will be a spoiler and really accused as "political opportunist" if I have politicised earlier, which I think, eventually, in all calculations, political and legal routes would be the only two viable ways.

There is no surprise for MM to utter those words and I am glad he finally said it right in the face of all the investors. Yes, its GOD's gift, really and the answer from me, VOTE WITH YOUR EYES OPEN next time. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng