• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Latest: Anwar to be arrested under ISA soon !!!

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prime minister Badawi made a veiled threat yesterday that the ISA may be employed to detain opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim (Malaysiakini).

‘He has become a threat to the economy and possibly (national) security,” Badawi said.

This in itself provides sufficient grounds for the authorities to invoke the tough security law, which provides detention without trial against Anwar.

And when asked what action the government would take against him, Abdullah refused to reveal his cards, saying: “I will not indicate what plan I will take, what I do will be in the best interests of the people and the country.”

“Because of Anwar’s actions, there are fund managers who have reported that Malaysia is purportedly no longer a good place for investment because of the unstable political climate.”

The rumor mills in Kuala Lumpur predict that Anwar may be arrested anytime between tonight and Saturday.

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/2008/09/18/anwar-to-be-arrested-under-isa-soon/

mockingbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will there be US sanctions against M'sia? If there were, then all the factories in M'sia can come over to S'pore.

lsalsa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will there be US sanctions against M'sia? If there were, then all the factories in M'sia can come over to S'pore.

LOL!! Nice thoughts but looks crazy since Singapore has no land how to have so many people living in Singapore.

Even in MRT all people knock off work from 5pm to 7pm. So horrible. Whenever I board the MRT train all people odour armpit so smelly. It just irks me off. I hate the smell of people's smelly bodies. But in the early morning people go to work also alot of people packed in MRT trains. No space as well.

If there is a pretty girl in a MRT station with so many people. How would a pretty sexy girl feel if can smell all the smelly people armpits that holds onto the handrails. Better don't imagine that. :eek: It will be like a version of Japan trains that packs too many people.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
U.S. actually have very little leverage over Malaysia. At most they kpkb and make some noise, but they will stop short of cutting of diplomatic ties as they still need Malaysia to fight terrorism in the region.

Anwar will be thrown into jail again. There will be mass protests surely in the streets. The police and even army will be call in to arrest the ring leaders like what happens to Hindraf and detain them under ISA.

The protests will dry up after a month or so because at the end of the day, people still need to work and earn a living !

Abdullah retires and pass the baton to Najib. Najib went on to fix Pakatan Rakyat, tempting its MPs to cross over with tonnes of $$$. Pakatan disintegrate without Anwar, PAS pulls out and join BN.

Next GE, there is no Anwar to lead. BN regain control of all the states again. Meanwhile, Anwar still eating black soy rice in Kamunting.

U.S. ??? You think they care a damn about Anwar ?? Dream on.....

he was arrested for sodomy before and nothing happened. isa should not be a problem as he threatened regime change! :smile:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avantas,

I don't think it is as clear cut this time round. Why? Because clearly BN appears to be at its lowest weakest and most divided state than ever before and UMNO appears to be in an even more worst shitty state. This was never the case when Mahathir was in charge even at his lowest period when Ku Li, Musa and Pak Lah tried to split UMNO.

I am shocked and saddened by what has become of Pak Lah because I use to hold him in high respect when he first took over from Mahathir with talk of positive change and moderate Islam Hadhari. Looks like Pak Lah is too weak and a procrastinator who is getting poor bad advice from his power hungry young punk son-in-law to stay on as PM. Last night I was watching TV3 Nightline when Pak Lah tried pathetically to look menacing ominously hinting at using the ISA against Anwar and I shook my head in dismay. He is obviously grasping at straws now and shooting in the last saloon.

This time ISA may well backfire because of the fundamental change in ground realities not only amongst the minority races but also amongst the majority malays themselves who appear to be fed up with the endemic corruption, favouritism of select malay elites and poor general governance.

Najib too is tainted by the Altantuya scandal and defence contract scandals so I don't think Najib is on such strong ground either. And the fact that Zaid Ibrahim has taken the brave courageous stand to depart from UMNO and BN and protest against those still being held under ISA detention speaks volumes.

Malaysia now appears to be well and truly in a state of flux and the situation looks fluid. I wish it well.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
the economic is already so bad,we do not need him to stir it further.
if he has the numbers,just "show hand" instead of just talking and no action.
if he is in SGP,should have been arrested under ISD long ago.

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
i doubt Badawi will use the ISA on Anwar.
the present condition/situation is already too bad and is not in his favour.
if he really use the ISA to have Anwar arrested,then I see there will be a lot of trouble especially those states controlled by the opposition.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prime minister Badawi made a veiled threat yesterday that the ISA may be employed to detain opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim (Malaysiakini).

‘He has become a threat to the economy and possibly (national) security,” Badawi said.

This in itself provides sufficient grounds for the authorities to invoke the tough security law, which provides detention without trial against Anwar.

And when asked what action the government would take against him, Abdullah refused to reveal his cards, saying: “I will not indicate what plan I will take, what I do will be in the best interests of the people and the country.”

“Because of Anwar’s actions, there are fund managers who have reported that Malaysia is purportedly no longer a good place for investment because of the unstable political climate.”

The rumor mills in Kuala Lumpur predict that Anwar may be arrested anytime between tonight and Saturday.

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/2008/09/18/anwar-to-be-arrested-under-isa-soon/

Only a coward would use such a tyrannical law to force out his political opponent. If he has any guts, Badawi, then he should call for fresh elections, or at least a referendum to people to choose between him and Anwar.

I bet Badawi has no guts though- simply because he wants to use the ISA to arrest Anwar. He'd be no better than Robert Mugabe if he does that. After all, no-one should question Anwar's patriotism to his own country. Being the opposition leader doesn't constitute a security threat to his nation; only tyrants think of that because they are insecure and cowardly.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The stakes are too high to talk about courage.

Do you want to live on as a coward or die now as a hero?

Only a coward would use such a tyrannical law to force out his political opponent. If he has any guts, Badawi, then he should call for fresh elections, or at least a referendum to people to choose between him and Anwar.

I bet Badawi has no guts though- simply because he wants to use the ISA to arrest Anwar. He'd be no better than Robert Mugabe if he does that. After all, no-one should question Anwar's patriotism to his own country. Being the opposition leader doesn't constitute a security threat to his nation; only tyrants think of that because they are insecure and cowardly.

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
i do not believe or see that it will happen.
the stake is too high for Badawi,if he really use it,it will quicken his doom.