• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lates new:chee say it could be the other way round, wp can go parleement they run TC

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]Chee Soon Juan says SDP plan was "misinterpreted"[/h]

Singapore Democratic Party chief Chee Soon Juan speaking to media at the party headquarters. SDP chief Chee Soon Juan said on Saturday night that his party's proposal to conduct a joint campaign with the Workers' Party (WP) had been interpreted wrongly by the public. -- ST PHOTO: NURIA LING

By Tessa Wong

Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan said on Saturday night that his party's proposal to conduct a joint campaign with the Workers' Party (WP) had been interpreted wrongly by the public.

Asked why he thought it had received negative feedback, particularly from netizens, he said: "I think it was misinterpreted."
He said that when SDP suggested fielding a candidate who would push SDP's policies in Parliament while WP ran the town council, it also meant to say it could be the other way round as well.

Said Dr Chee: "That part on 'vice versa' was not put out prominently enough. People must understand that we want to make sure that we avoid a three-cornered fight any way we can."

"The only way we saw how was of a campaign with the WP, and if successful, divide up the responsibilities and duties."
He also read out a statement that the SDP was "open to all possibilities", in which he also pointed out that collaborations among diverse parties existed in other countries like Malaysia.

He was speaking at the end of a night of house visits conducted by the party in Punggol East.
Earlier in the day, the WP had rebuffed the SDP's suggestion, saying it would focus on its own campaign for the by-election.
Dr Chee said that the SDP would now continue "full steam ahead" with its own campaign as well.

He said a candidate had not been decided yet, but hinted that the shortlist was narrowed down from the original three names, when he let on that the party submitted two names for the political donation certificates.

Senior consultant in infectious diseases Dr Paul Tambyah and lecturer Dr Vincent Wijeysingha - both are tipped to be possible candidates - were present among the group of about 20 activists.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...uan-says-sdp-plan-was-misinterpreted-20130112

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Lates new:chee say it could be the other way round, wp can go parleement they run

MUST BELIEVE HIM, he go PHD, u know? dun play play

Vigilante

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Lates new:chee say it could be the other way round, wp can go parleement they run

sound like damage control...hahaha

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal

he cant compare chinpore politics to m&d politics.
its like comparing feces to m&d - looks abt the same, but its not the same.

ours is premature crap while theirs is developed full on democracy
csj is combusting again, i dnt know to pity the guy or curse him :(

up my points pls. thank you you :smile:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If WP wins, why would WP let SDP runs its TC?

SDP has zero experience in running TCs and its leader does not seem to have a right mind!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I think it is better for him to shut the fuck up.

It is not about who run what or who enter the parliament. It is about the whole fucking joint thing.

Nobody will think that a party will joint with another, he think this is business partnership or what. He is totally out of his mind.

Vigilante

Alfrescian
Loyal

If WP wins, why would WP let SDP runs its TC?

SDP has zero experience in running TCs and its leader does not seem to have a right mind!

hahahha...spot on! hahahahaha.....that Dr Chee Bye is a LIar! LKY WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This guy is terrible. When he yelled at Goh Chok Tong he claimed he did not and that the media portrayed him badly or wrongly or whatever. People were wondering how the footage came about unless some lookalike dressed as him and did the yelling.

Same method again.

The video catches the words clearly. Quote Chee: "We very much like to be able to run town council and I'm very sure WP would like to have another seat in the house. But in this case here, both sides give and both sides take."

It is in this order. SDP's message is clear. Each party sacrifices half, what WP shall sacrifice is the seat part, SDP will sacrifice the town council part. No mention of vice versa was made.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Town councils are money machines and favour banks. Political parties can upkeep their most ardent supporters through public funds. Why should WP or any other party give it up for no good reasons? Winner takes all!

Vigilante

Alfrescian
Loyal

This guy is terrible. When he yelled at Goh Chok Tong he claimed he did not and that the media portrayed him badly or wrongly or whatever. People were wondering how the footage came about unless some lookalike dressed as him and did the yelling.

Same method again.

The video catches the words clearly. Quote Chee: "We very much like to be able to run town council and I'm very sure WP would like to have another seat in the house. But in this case here, both sides give and both sides take."

It is in this order. SDP's message is clear. Each party sacrifices half, what WP shall sacrifice is the seat part, SDP will sacrifice the town council part. No mention of vice versa was made.
LKY WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG.....that Dr Chee Bye is a Liar liar liar liar!

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan said on Saturday night that his party's proposal to conduct a joint campaign with the Workers' Party (WP) had been interpreted wrongly by the public.

Asked why he thought it had received negative feedback, particularly from netizens, he said: "I think it was misinterpreted."
He said that when SDP suggested fielding a candidate who would push SDP's policies in Parliament while WP ran the town council, it also meant to say it could be the other way round as well.

Said Dr Chee: "That part on 'vice versa' was not put out prominently enough. People must understand that we want to make sure that we avoid a three-cornered fight any way we can."

The second statement is even more stupid than the first. At least when you say SDP gets into parliament and WP runs the town council there is a logic to it because SDP has the policy wonks and WP has the running town council experience.

If you thought that Chee Soon Juan made the ultimate stupid comment, he comes out with something even worse.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dont know who upped my points, but thank you you :smile:

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal

chee pls relax la bro. leave the politics to the adults. when they need a shit stirrer then you can masuk and main. can pls la :smile:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The second statement is even more stupid than the first. At least when you say SDP gets into parliament and WP runs the town council there is a logic to it because SDP has the policy wonks and WP has the running town council experience.

If you thought that Chee Soon Juan made the ultimate stupid comment, he comes out with something even worse.

If he did say "vice versa" which means SDP was prepared not to field a candidate, that will again contradict their earlier statement that they had the best candidate and best policies and has the heart set to contest PE.

Can he plan all that he needs to say and anticipate the questions before calling for the cameras. He basically ran a cannon through his foot.

Vigilante

Alfrescian
Loyal

His crave and desire for REVENGE has overwhelmed reasoning and truth. He has LOST his marbles liao. Kapoot! Gone! Finito!

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can he plan all that he needs to say and anticipate the questions before calling for the cameras. He basically ran a cannon through his foot.

I din know he still got any foot left.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He modus operandi more and more like those MIW clowns.

"Vice-versa"? WTF is he talking about? His comments were reported verbatim.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

He modus operandi more and more like those MIW clowns.

"Vice-versa"? WTF is he talking about? His comments were reported verbatim.

You are correct.

I listened to every word of the press conference and read all the SDP website articles. There is no "vice-versa" ever mentioned.

Give me just one instant in time he said "vice-versa" or anything to that effect, and I will chop off my kkj.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

with this vice-versa, you can bet the vice adm in TCH will use this as fodder when campaigning commences, just wait...