• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Labour chief Lim Swee Say clarifies CPF comments

pillowtalk

Alfrescian
Loyal
FROM LIM SWEE SAY, SECRETARY-GENERAL, NATIONAL TRADES UNION CONGRESS
PUBLISHED: JUNE 23, 9:47 PM

I refer to the article “Prepare for retirement ‘by using less CPF money when young’” (June 23).

The article paraphrased my comments and wrote: “The best way for Singaporeans to prepare for retirement is to use less of their Central Provident Fund (CPF) money when they are young.”

It gave the impression that I urged Singaporeans not to use their CPF monies before retirement for any purpose, including housing, healthcare and education for our children.

This is incorrect.

For the record, I made three points about the CPF:

Firstly, the CPF is your money. Nobody can take away that money from you. Secondly, your money with CPF is 100 per cent safe and continues to earn risk-free interest, even during challenging times such as the global financial crisis in 2009.

As the third point was reported out of context, I reproduce the relevant text of my interview here:

“Thirdly, the money is mainly for your retirement purpose. Besides housing, healthcare and education for your children, a very important part of CPF is to cater for retirement. So, for every dollar, if you can defer the use of the dollar, it is better to defer the use of the dollar when you are still young.

“For example, instead of thinking of whether you can spend your CPF savings at the age of 55, I think we should think about how we should help our Singaporeans remain employed, to continue to earn a good living, a good job and, at the same time, to continue to contribute to the CPF.

“Because the more money you have in your CPF and the longer you defer the use of the CPF, the more you will have for retirement, as all of us are living longer and longer.

“So, these are the three basic points: Firstly, the CPF is your money, no one can take away from you. Secondly, your money is 100 per cent safe. Thirdly, the less you make use of your money when you are young, the more money you will have for retirement.”

It is clear in this context that “young” refers to those who are aged 55 and “less use” of the CPF money refers to the CPF cash withdrawal for purposes other than housing, healthcare and education for the children.

Labour chief Lim Swee Say clarifies CPF comments | TODAYonline

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
from lim swee say, secretary-general, national trades union congress
published: June 23, 9:47 pm

i refer to the article “prepare for retirement ‘by using less cpf money when young’” (june 23).

The article paraphrased my comments and wrote: “the best way for singaporeans to prepare for retirement is to use less of their central provident fund (cpf) money when they are young.”

it gave the impression that i urged singaporeans not to use their cpf monies before retirement for any purpose, including housing, healthcare and education for our children.

This is incorrect.

For the record, i made three points about the cpf:

Firstly, the cpf is your money. Nobody can take away that money from you. Secondly, your money with cpf is 100 per cent safe and continues to earn risk-free interest, even during challenging times such as the global financial crisis in 2009.

As the third point was reported out of context, i reproduce the relevant text of my interview here:

“thirdly, the money is mainly for your retirement purpose. Besides housing, healthcare and education for your children, a very important part of cpf is to cater for retirement. So, for every dollar, if you can defer the use of the dollar, it is better to defer the use of the dollar when you are still young.

“for example, instead of thinking of whether you can spend your cpf savings at the age of 55, i think we should think about how we should help our singaporeans remain employed, to continue to earn a good living, a good job and, at the same time, to continue to contribute to the cpf.

“because the more money you have in your cpf and the longer you defer the use of the cpf, the more you will have for retirement, as all of us are living longer and longer.

“so, these are the three basic points: Firstly, the cpf is your money, no one can take away from you. Secondly, your money is 100 per cent safe. Thirdly, the less you make use of your money when you are young, the more money you will have for retirement.”

it is clear in this context that “young” refers to those who are aged 55 and “less use” of the cpf money refers to the cpf cash withdrawal for purposes other than housing, healthcare and education for the children.

labour chief lim swee say clarifies cpf comments | todayonline

lim swee say

lan jiao lang

kong lanjiao way

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Because the more money you have in your CPF and the longer you defer the use of the CPF, the more you will have for retirement, as all of us are living longer and longer.

WTF is he saying? Can he guarantee i live to 80, 90, 100? Always use that fucking statement as an excuse!

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WTF is he saying? Can he guarantee i live to 80, 90, 100? Always use that fucking statement as an excuse!

the more you dont touch or ask for that money in the CPG....the less likely that you will discpover that it is fucking MISSING lor....

what a fucking cbkiah motherfucker.....

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Clarify for what ? Beating round the mulberry bush over and over again !!:mad:

Just give us back all OUR hard-earned CPF money at age 55 NOWWWW !!:oIo:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FROM LIM SWEE SAY, SECRETARY-GENERAL, NATIONAL TRADES UNION CONGRESS
PUBLISHED: JUNE 23, 9:47 PM

I refer to the article “Prepare for retirement ‘by using less CPF money when young’” (June 23).

The article paraphrased my comments and wrote: “The best way for Singaporeans to prepare for retirement is to use less of their Central Provident Fund (CPF) money when they are young.”

It gave the impression that I urged Singaporeans not to use their CPF monies before retirement for any purpose, including housing, healthcare and education for our children.

This is incorrect.

For the record, I made three points about the CPF:

Firstly, the CPF is your money. Nobody can take away that money from you. Secondly, your money with CPF is 100 per cent safe and continues to earn risk-free interest, even during challenging times such as the global financial crisis in 2009.

As the third point was reported out of context, I reproduce the relevant text of my interview here:

“Thirdly, the money is mainly for your retirement purpose. Besides housing, healthcare and education for your children, a very important part of CPF is to cater for retirement. So, for every dollar, if you can defer the use of the dollar, it is better to defer the use of the dollar when you are still young.

“For example, instead of thinking of whether you can spend your CPF savings at the age of 55, I think we should think about how we should help our Singaporeans remain employed, to continue to earn a good living, a good job and, at the same time, to continue to contribute to the CPF.

“So, these are the three basic points: Firstly, the CPF is your money, no one can take away from you. Secondly, your money is 100 per cent safe. Thirdly, the less you make use of your money when you are young, the more money you will have for retirement.

It is clear in this context that “young” refers to those who are aged 55 and “less use” of the CPF money refers to the CPF cash withdrawal for purposes other than housing, healthcare and education for the children.

Labour chief Lim Swee Say clarifies CPF comments | TODAYonline

Toothpick plunderer Lim obviously is speaking from his rear orifice. Whichever context he is referring to, age 55 is never young.

If our CPF is 100% safe, then why is there a need for such a clause in the CPF Act for CPFLife. Don't forget that CPFLife is now compulsory.

You can read more on this thread: This CPF Clause Should Set Off Alarm If Government Guarantee CPFLife Payout

Last edited:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His clarification proves what an intelligent man he is.

Intelligent indeed :oIo::kma:

From best to better, betterer and betterest.
Now is that a upgrade or downgrade or is it a upturn the downturn :confused:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lmg2S3Jf62Q?start=66" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These days people in Sillypore don't live longer and longer as what LSS claimed.
Everything we eat and drink all consists of chemicals and this will slowly kill us in a matter of time.
Talking about longer life expectancy is a bullshit agenda just for the sake of freezing your $$$.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
First it was Tan Chuan Jin. Next was Hri Kumar. Now Zorro Lim. So many clowns came up to clarify but none made any clear clarification why we cant withdraw our CPF lumpsum by 55.
I know CPF is my money, much as your monthly MP allowance of $16K is your allowance. I wonder how would MPs react if they get their allowances in promissory notes, exercisable upon winning an election. They wouldve worked harder for the residents wont they, rather than spouting nonsense on national papers.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is another no back bone fucker, his school mate, LHL makes mistake he dare not tell him to correct it, he don't know what we want and keep repeating the fucking cpf money are our money, knnbccb you said he is intelligent, you are on the same class with him

His clarification proves what an intelligent man he is.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same analogy, I save up all my fucks at young age, I am 70yo now, can I still able to fuck.

These days people in Sillypore don't live longer and longer as what LSS claimed.
Everything we eat and drink all consists of chemicals and this will slowly kill us in a matter of time.
Talking about longer life expectancy is a bullshit agenda just for the sake of freezing your $$$.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always respect you as the intelligent boss. Do me a favour, kindly convey my analogy to him, I save up all my fucks (3 times in one day) in my young age and now I am 70 YO can I still fuck?

Thanks for the compliment. I am proud to be associated with someone who has a 1st Class Hons degree and a Masters from Stanford.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same analogy, I save up all my fucks at young age, I am 70yo now, can I still able to fuck.

For such an analogy, at the age of 55 and above some still can "stand" while mostly others may not.

For those who still can "stand on ceremony" by that age, their "skerm Bank" is almost dried up.
Instead of letting you unload at "one lump pool of skerm", you can only unload "drop by drop".