• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kwan Yin Temple...just wondering....

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you only pray to whoever god u believe in only when u have requests?
cant i go there and give thanks for the peace and security that i enjoy?

i treat every visit like thanksgiving...:biggrin:

Very touch by your reply.
can give some thanks to ralders get more points project.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Very touch by your reply.
can give some thanks to ralders get more points project.

already rescued you long long ago :biggrin: Dun be greedy...if it is yours it is yours. no point changing your fate...all is destiny...:biggrin:

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like to go there to see PRC Mei Mei, Bar Girl, PROs, Er Nai....plenty of them asking Guan In for help.

Yep indeed interesting and good food at the opposite side alley too.

There is a Curry Mee...not sure it is the same as the Hong Lim one but it advertise as the same though...also...right at the end the kopi shop nearest Bugis Plus...the roast meat quite yummy and cheap...duck plus charsiew rice only $3.50...:biggrin:

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you only pray to whoever god u believe in only when u have requests?
cant i go there and give thanks for the peace and security that i enjoy?

i treat every visit like thanksgiving...:biggrin:

Why do you need to go to a specific place to do that? Why can't you do it anywhere even in your own toilet? Your god is not omninipresent?

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal
?

On the right, there is also Monkey God and other deities/God.
same, on the left, but i do not know who they are.
anyone knows, can share?
thanks!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My ah mah told me Waterloo 4th horse road Kuanyin Temple very power.....
WWII time jap drop bombs in that area....everything destroyed except temple siam and never got hit at all.
True or false?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Krafty bro...all gods are the same whether christian god or hindu god or christain god etc etc...

I pray to Kwan Yin using english cos my chinese super crap...not sure if Kwan Yin understands english...but i guess gods should understand all languages...correct?

of course he understands. that's why his name guan yin which means hear all, see all.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regarding the flowers and joss sticks, the workers just throw away in order to empty the urns/vases frequently. I recall years ago walking along the back of the temple, there is a dumpster full of flowers and joss sticks. Well, if you are entrepreneurial enough, you can repackage the flowers and sell.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Regarding the flowers and joss sticks, the workers just throw away in order to empty the urns/vases frequently. I recall years ago walking along the back of the temple, there is a dumpster full of flowers and joss sticks. Well, if you are entrepreneurial enough, you can repackage the flowers and sell.

Used flowers are dying and are not fresh, their petals are often crumpled or falling off. Good luck with your entrepreneurial spirit. :wink:

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Used flowers are dying and are not fresh, their petals are often crumpled or falling off. Good luck with your entrepreneurial spirit. :wink:

The long stem lotus bud still looks sellable:biggrin:. But that was years ago, dumpster may not be there anymore!