• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kuok’s SCMP: Restricting Migrant Labour is Best Way to Alleviate Poverty

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Problem with Hk news papers is they will criticise the gahmen etc, but they dont criticise the real culprits which is the central gahmen,,

You talking thro' your nose. HK Chinese newspapers criticise Beijing all the time. You never heard of Apple Daily ah? What a simpleton! Of course if you want to know what Beijing is thinking, then read Ta Kung Bao or Wen Hui Bao. Even the CCP got freedom of speech in HK! Kuok's SCMP also criticise Beijing, but in more subdued terms than Apple and such articles are strategically placed.

u never heard of these papers having self censorship so as not to offend the commies,,

Some do and saw their sales and credibility plummet. You never heard of the Ming Pao saga which is still be played out? Some don't and became more trusted by the public altho' they lose adverts from CCP controlled firms.

In fact, many have observed that HK has more press freedom than under the Brits. Henry Fok was forced to sell a building in TST at far below market value because the Brits didn't like the fact that he was using it for pro-CCP propaganda activities. They cut off his water and electricity! The CCP don't dare to be so blatant.

but have to admit, the HK gahmen is dominated by the rich, land lords club and pro commies,

And the Sinkie GAHBRAment is dominated by self-serving Scums in White. In other words - the rich, landlords club and pro whichever way the wind blows in the global environment!

but they did not open the flood gates,,or the flood gates is open but not as wide as Singapore,,,or is it?

Oi you don't know how to read my above posts ah? 4,400 applications by employers for low wage imports and only 40% approved. 26 categories where foreign labour not allowed! For highly skilled talents like myself, no quotas or limits. :rolleyes: Caveat - was there is not same as still there.

Lastly, HK will not become Tibet for reasons stated in the video itself!

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So 2.6k in Hk is alot?

Debunk your head lah
Uncle you can read Chinese or not
Even if you Baba I also put down
The gist in England which is
SGD 2.6K for dishwasher in HONG KONG
Largely due to restrictive immigration policy
For low wage segment of the market
Hongkie newspaper no dare to tell blatant lies one
Why? Because there is a free press if untrue
Your competitor newspapers will tear you to pieces

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So 2.6k in Hk is alot?

With no compulsory savings locked up forever aka CPF and public hospitals costing only HKD 100 (SGD 17) per day with no extra charges for medicine and procedures I think it should be enuff to lead a comfortable live. Public rental flats are quite cheap. I don't know for sure since my pay has always been five figures in SGD equivalent. :rolleyes: Besides, that is not the point. The point is alert Hongkie Labour Ministry kept the doors only half opened and got a good deal for their low wage earners, while GAHBRA and grossly overpaid Sinkie Manpower Ministry did the exact opposite! After screwing the PSLE types, Sinkie GAHBRAment is now proceeding to screw the PMETS! So vote wisely, you daft 60%!

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow a rich man here in our midst,,another boss samantha,,,but isnt the poverty rate increasing in HK due to the high cost of living especially the lack of accomodation leading to cage homes and damn small flats etc,,oh spore going down that path,,,

With no compulsory savings locked up forever aka CPF and public hospitals costing only HKD 100 (SGD 17) per day with no extra charges for medicine and procedures I think it should be enuff to lead a comfortable live. Public rental flats are quite cheap. I don't know for sure since my pay has always been five figures in SGD equivalent. :rolleyes: Besides, that is not the point. The point is alert Hongkie Labour Ministry kept the doors only half opened and got a good deal for their low wage earners, while GAHBRA and grossly overpaid Sinkie Manpower Ministry did the exact opposite!

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow a rich man here in our midst,,another boss samantha,,,but isnt the poverty rate increasing in HK due to the high cost of living especially the lack of accomodation leading to cage homes and damn small flats etc,,oh spore going down that path,,,

Whether I rich or poor is not the point. Why you want to play Pappies' favourite jealousy card arh? Then don't blame it if I and others call you a Pappie dog. The HK govt has established minimum wage and set an official poverty line. These are just the first baby steps in a long journey which will involve co-ordinated Govt policies on various fronts - housing, healthcare, education, etc. HK is moving in the correct direction as dictated by its PEOPLE though it took a while and many protests for cloistered civil servants to get the message. SG is moving in the opposite direction as dictated by the famiLEE and cronies and ignoring the people who have no balls to make their wishes known in between elections. Why you so simple minded ah? Like this also must explain in detail!

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am not a pappie but i do agree with some of their policies of the past. in the 80s n 90s. hong kongers were saying hdb flats were cheaper n better than in hk. standard of living was also higher. when 97 came hong kongers say to kill HK all the commies have to do is open the floodgates..at least singapore can control its own borders....now it seems the floodgates in spore is open bigger than hk..i admit hk is not a paradise.. n singapore has gone backwards..but in singapore is thanks to the 60%...so screw the pap.. but to follow all those welfare bullshit by the likes of SDP will not make singapore better. if singapore democratise better n if old fart was kicked out. singapore could b better as we would avoid the excesses of the west..but not be as extreme as the commies. We could have made things better but we gabe old fart the blank cheque. thanks 60%

Whether I rich or poor is not the point. Why you want to play Pappies' favourite jealousy card arh? Then don't blame it if I and others call you a Pappie dog. The HK govt has established minimum wage and set an official poverty line. These are just the first baby steps in a long journey which will involve co-ordinated Govt policies on various fronts - housing, healthcare, education, etc. HK is moving in the correct direction as dictated by its PEOPLE though it took a while and many protests for cloistered civil servants to get the message. SG is moving in the opposite direction as dictated by the famiLEE and cronies and ignoring the people who have no balls to make their wishes known in between elections. Why you so simple minded ah? Like this also must explain in detail!

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am not a pappie but i do agree with some of their policies of the past. in the 80s n 90s. hong kongers were saying hdb flats were cheaper n better than in hk. standard of living was also higher.

I am not SDP and do not attribute achievements of the past from Jewel of British Empire in the Far East or "fishing village" to one of the Tiger Economies to PAP policies. Many of these policies were designed by the Brits, implemented on a small scale and then carried on by the Pappies who thereafter claim these as their original ideas just like they accuse Oppo MPs of plagiarism.

Standard of living is more than just the material. In intangible aspects, such as freedom of speech, HK had always been ahead of SG.

when 97 came hong kongers say to kill HK all the commies have to do is open the floodgates..at least singapore can control its own borders....now it seems the floodgates in spore is open bigger than hk..

That is just useless coffee shop talk. Why would Beijing want to destroy HK when it can and has served as a conduit for the modernisation which it so desperately needed after Mao's excesses? Shanghai was and still is behind HK in financial innovation though it is catching up fast, but in the 80s and 90s, Beijing needed HK a lot and smart people on both sides knew it. HK may not be the top Chinese city that it was, but it is still and will continue to be a first tier Chinese city. Beijing is very face conscious, but that is secondary, the main reason is Hongkies are smart asses and cannot be easily bullied like Sinkies.

i admit hk is not a paradise.. n singapore has gone backwards..but in singapore is thanks to the 60%...so screw the pap.. but to follow all those welfare bullshit by the likes of SDP will not make singapore better.

Are you accusing HK people of being "bleeding heart liberals" who do not care about how all their new policies for a more equal society is going to be financed? Wake up man! Anyone who has dealt with them will know that they are the most pragmatic people on earth!

SDP's image problem is largely the result of the PAP's control of the media. Now they can't even use PA's facilities to hold town hall sessions to make their ideas known to the masses. PA stands for People's Association and is funded by ALL taxpayers' money regardless of who they voted for.

if singapore democratise better n if old fart was kicked out. singapore could b better as we would avoid the excesses of the west..but not be as extreme as the commies. We could have made things better but we gabe old fart the blank cheque. thanks 60%

That is a defeatist attitude that your masters would encourage. If you're in Sinkieland it is in your interest to make the 60% wake up and fast! As far as excesses of the West are concerned, we need to get rid of excesses of Old Fart's paranoid first.