• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Koreans are unhappy with Bill Gates over casual handshake with president

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

South Koreans Say Bill Gates Is Rude After Shaking President Park Geun-Hye’s Hand

SOUTH KOREANS ARE CALLING BILLIONAIRE MICROSOFT FOUNDER BILL GATES RUDE FOR HE WAY HE SHOOK THE HAND OF SOUTH KOREA'S PRESIDENT PARK GEUN-HYE.
April 23, 2013 12:59 PM EDT

gates-shake.jpg

South Koreans are calling billionaire Microsoft founder Bill Gates rude for he way he shook the hand of South Korea's President Park Geun-hye.

Bills Gates met with the president of South Korea on Monday. What is typically seen in the United States as a friendly gesture was seen in South Korea as rude. Bills Gates approached the President with one hand in his pocket, his suit jacket unbuttoned. Gates extended only one hand to greet Park Geun-hye.

In South Korea, the one-handed hand shake is seen as rude and a sign that you are superior to the person in front of you, according to ABC News.

ABC News
spoke with the Secretary General at the Korean National Assembly, Chung Jin-suk, who said, "Perhaps it was his all-American style but an open jacket with hand in pocket? That was way too casual. It was very regretful."

ABC News
also reported that this is the second time Bill Gates was called out for his rude handshake. "Gates had met with two other previous South Korean presidents: Kim Dae-jung and Lee Myung-Bak. He apparently gave the proper handshake with both hands to the late Kim in 2002 but was spotted giving an improper shake to President Lee in 2008. That also became a subject of debate."

Social Media sites like twitter were full of comments about Bill Gates' rude handshake.

Twitter user PK writes, "Don't think it was intentional. Bill Gates is just a nerd. Ignorant. It was rude though."

"Hey SKorea, you may be facing NKorea nuclear missiles but by all means obsess about Bill Gates' handshake etiquette," Says username Only4RM.

There are no reports saying Bill Gates or the President of South Korea have made comments about Gates' rude handshake.

President Park Geun-Hye is scheduled to visit the US and speak with President Obama on May 7.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RT's Lesson on International Etiquette

When Obama went to Japan and bowed to emperor Akihoto
, he was in hot water back home and was even labelled "treasonous" by some conservatives.

obama-getting-it-tight.jpg

I am angry with my PM for letting Obama twist his arm like this :mad:

photo_1364929254927-3-HD.jpg

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
Ang mohs are like that la....Guus Hiddink was disrespectfully late for the dinner held in his honour after World Cup 2002 ...a dinner hosted by the then

President of South Korea.

When he did turn up, i recall he was inappropriately dressed too. I dont think he would have behaved in this manner if president Putin was his host.

Fucking ang mohs have scant respect for asians......and its also the asians' fault for helping perpetuate this state of affairs.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a moment (reading the Headline), I tot Bill use his 1st finger
to circle the palm of the President.......hahahaha