• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KJ of RP should quit politics altogether

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also feel that politics is not KJ's cup of tea! The problem apart from his deadpan humourless face is his body language! If he cannot marshal his forces and command their confidence, it is difficult to see RP as a viable party. More defections may be the result! KJ is headstrong and comes across as arrogant.

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. KJ didnt perform well this election

2. He made several grevious errors in the lead up, especially in people matters

3. He isnt a natural politician

4. Anyone asking him to quit now based on the results of the last 2 years...obviously arent people used to significant success in life. Great men don't give up easy. If KJ wants to be a successful politician, he has a good 20 years to learn to be so.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be fair, if RP did not contest AMK, that place would be a walkover. WP had earlier confirmed on a few occasions that this election, they would not contest AMK.

This one must give RP credit.

If AMK was a walkover then the results would not have contributed to the gross margin of 60.1%. It would have stayed in the high 50s.

RP burst into the scene with a lot of promise. The word 'Reform' is a very powerful theme especially in SG political climate where progress is urgently due. In fact they had one of the strongest teams before KJ fucked it all up. Pity.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If AMK was a walkover then the results would not have contributed to the gross margin of 60.1%. It would have stayed in the high 50s.

RP burst into the scene with a lot of promise. The word 'Reform' is a very powerful theme especially in SG political climate where progress is urgently due. In fact they had one of the strongest teams before KJ fucked it all up. Pity.

A defunk party from the start

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and possibly all other candidates except WP

No way. WP gained popularity in the past few years under Low because it became a more moderate left-of-center. With the small WP presence in parliament, this country still requires a few smaller left-leaning parties to balance the capitalistic establishment. This will correct the social problems and represent minority interests going forward.

Maybe down the years, an ultra right party will be formed to re-regulate things again.

This would be the model of a first world parliament.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
No way. WP gained popularity in the past few years under Low because it became a more moderate left-of-center. With the small WP presence in parliament, this country still requires a few smaller left-leaning parties to balance the capitalistic establishment. This will correct the social problems and represent minority interests going forward.

Maybe down the years, an ultra right party will be formed to re-regulate things again.

This would be the model of a first world parliament.

I did say all candidates except WP candidates.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
are you saying nicole seah, tony tan, hazel poa, vincent vijeysingha, michelle lee, tan jee say should all quit?

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i like to be a politician.not sure if i am able to form a party.i really hope someone can give me some lesson on how to setup a party.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i like to be a politician.not sure if i am able to form a party.i really hope someone can give me some lesson on how to setup a party.

start by selecting a good name for your party. Make sure it connects with the people you are serving. Words like "honour", "loyalty" and "righteousness" are good. Then get a full body dragon tattoo. Start recruiting some kinna kia for help. They are your youth wing.
Then offer protection services to some businesses in the neighbourhood. With this seed money, grow your organisation by setting up a charity group, a lion dance troup, a boxing association and several small businesses of your own. Your organisation should be 10,000 strong by then. And your network of supporters will be huge. The last step is to contest in your area.

All the best!

maxpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
I live in AMK was looking for a credible alternative.

Was so disappointed with JBJ's son he seems to have trouble stringing 3 coherent words together -very awkward to hear him speak.

LTK can deliver a rousing speech alright -first time my eyes opened up to him.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
start by selecting a good name for your party. Make sure it connects with the people you are serving. Words like "honour", "loyalty" and "righteousness" are good. Then get a full body dragon tattoo. Start recruiting some kinna kia for help. They are your youth wing.
Then offer protection services to some businesses in the neighbourhood. With this seed money, grow your organisation by setting up a charity group, a lion dance troup, a boxing association and several small businesses of your own. Your organisation should be 10,000 strong by then. And your network of supporters will be huge. The last step is to contest in your area.

All the best!

Useful suggestions. Hopefully someone other than GMS from SBF can 'represent' us when the next GE arrives.