• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ki Chew: "I'm not related to Mr Lee"

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
20110527.094120_razormgchan.jpg

Major-General (MG) Chan Chun Sing, the Acting Community Development, Youth and Sports Minister, has denied rumours that he is related to Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

MG Chan told The Straits Times in an e-mail this week: 'I am not related to Mr Lee's family.'

He was addressing rumours that had started after a netizen posted a screenshot from RazorTV on a forum, which showed MG Chan standing behind members of Mr Lee's family at the funeral of Mr Lee's wife, Madam Kwa Geok Choo last October.

MG Chan, who is also Minister of State for Information, Communications and the Arts, clarified that he was there in his official capacity as the Chief of Army.

He told the Straits Times: 'I was at the funeral because the Army, under my charge then, was assigned the task of honouring the late Madam Kwa with the ceremonial gun carriage procession. This has been public knowledge.'

MG Chan was also part of the PAP team in Tanjong Pagar GRC that is helmed by Mr Lee.

According to the Straits Times, a police report was also filed on Sunday by a People's Action Party (PAP) member against a blogger, for a post about MG Chan and Mr Lee which he felt was defamatory.

The post titled 'Chan Chun Sing - Nephew of Lee Kuan Yew?', sparked a flurry of comments from netizens and was reposted on other forums.

Speaking to the Straits Times, teacher Koh Wen Zhu, 27, who made the report, said he was 'greatly disturbed' by the post on the blog 'SG Truth'.

He said the post conveyed a false and negative image of MG Chan and Mr Lee, and also contained 'several offensive words'.

When asked, MG Chan said he was not aware of the police report and says he does not know Mr Koh personally.

Netizens have also posted questions on MG Chan's Facebook fan page about whether he is related to Mr Lee, to which he and other have clarified.

A post on the Young PAP Facebook page on Wednesday quoted MG Chan as saying: 'My surname is Chan and my wife's surname is Low. I don't have any close relatives with the surname Lee as far as I know.'

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110527-280899.html

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very strange. Represent the Army but not in uniform? Talking cock. Wonder if Commissioner of Police was present and whether he wore the uniform or just like Ki Chew, in civilian attire.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very funny leh. In the past, most people will be happy to be related to Old Man. Looks like these days, there is a social stigma attached to it.

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone disowns LKY now. Otherwise gets ass luck. :biggrin:

In the past all PAP dogs gets flattered by being said to be related to LKY. :biggrin::biggrin:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems Mr. KCC, Ki Chew Chan went to learn and quality control "up gun lorry" process to be efficient and improve for the next round like NDP....

Now attending a public wake / funeral also becomes related to the deceased family. Funny man!

Very funny leh. In the past, most people will be happy to be related to Old Man. Looks like these days, there is a social stigma attached to it.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now attending a public wake / funeral also becomes related to the deceased family. Funny man!

Minor correction. The wake was open to the public. The funeral was not. Many PAP wannabes would have sold their wives and daughters to be where Ki Chew is standing.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Major-General (MG) Chan Chun Sing, the Acting Community Development, Youth and Sports Minister, has denied rumours that he is related to Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

MG Chan told The Straits Times in an e-mail this week: 'I am not related to Mr Lee's family.'

He was addressing rumours that had started after a netizen posted a screenshot from RazorTV on a forum, which showed MG Chan standing behind members of Mr Lee's family at the funeral of Mr Lee's wife, Madam Kwa Geok Choo last October.

MG Chan, who is also Minister of State for Information, Communications and the Arts, clarified that he was there in his official capacity as the Chief of Army.

He told the Straits Times: 'I was at the funeral because the Army, under my charge then, was assigned the task of honouring the late Madam Kwa with the ceremonial gun carriage procession. This has been public knowledge.'

MG Chan was also part of the PAP team in Tanjong Pagar GRC that is helmed by Mr Lee.

According to the Straits Times, a police report was also filed on Sunday by a People's Action Party (PAP) member against a blogger, for a post about MG Chan and Mr Lee which he felt was defamatory.

The post titled 'Chan Chun Sing - Nephew of Lee Kuan Yew?', sparked a flurry of comments from netizens and was reposted on other forums.

Speaking to the Straits Times, teacher Koh Wen Zhu, 27, who made the report, said he was 'greatly disturbed' by the post on the blog 'SG Truth'.

He said the post conveyed a false and negative image of MG Chan and Mr Lee, and also contained 'several offensive words'.

When asked, MG Chan said he was not aware of the police report and says he does not know Mr Koh personally.

Netizens have also posted questions on MG Chan's Facebook fan page about whether he is related to Mr Lee, to which he and other have clarified.

A post on the Young PAP Facebook page on Wednesday quoted MG Chan as saying: 'My surname is Chan and my wife's surname is Low. I don't have any close relatives with the surname Lee as far as I know.'

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110527-280899.html

Because of his presence tailing the Lee family, he was parachuted into minister post. Does it make any difference whether he is familEE or not? Besides, it is also coincidental that he was parachuted into the Lee territory in Tg Pagar GRC and than was made public that he might be a PM material while the world is giving him a thumb down impresssion. Than the whole of ST machineries were mobilised to paint him like some new borned god. Gosh!! This is really a shit cuntry.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

As I've been saying, if Kwa is the "Mother of Singapore" thenwhy not have the CDF, CNV and CAF there? (Chief of the Defence Force, Chief of Navy and Chief of Air Force).

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone find out who was the PAP guy who went to make poilce report?

This dickhead don't know that police do not handle case like this. Police only handles criminal defamatory cases.

If that is the case, when LKY and his 8 cronies sued CCJ how come not police case?

Dickhead Pappy dog and in this case he saboed CCS.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
MG Chan is definitely 100% not related to the Lee family.

I served under him before in the SAF. He is a good officer. Those who served under him before will know that he is a nice guy. He may not be cut out for politics (due to his Hokkien style) but he really manages to command the respect of the Hokkien peng which alot of us PCs/OCs failed to do. Many officers just preferred to stick to themselves and have minimal contact with the men because they were pai kias, troublemakers, or full of personal problems like girlfriend pregnant etc.

But MG Chan (then LTC Chan) somehow has a way of dealing with them. They really like him and their respect is genuine not wayang one. He will even sit down and talk hokkien to them in the canteen occasionally. But the thing is, I'm not sure if this is going to work in politics because majority of people are not hokkien peng.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

I served under him before in the SAF. He is a good officer. Those who served under him before will know that he is a nice guy. He may not be cut out for politics (due to his Hokkien style) but he really manages to command the respect of the Hokkien peng which alot of us PCs/OCs failed to do. Many officers just preferred to stick to themselves and have minimal contact with the men because they were pai kias, troublemakers, or full of personal problems like girlfriend pregnant etc.

But MG Chan (then LTC Chan) somehow has a way of dealing with them. They really like him and their respect is genuine not wayang one. He will even sit down and talk hokkien to them in the canteen occasionally. But the thing is, I'm not sure if this is going to work in politics because majority of people are not hokkien peng.

Again i ask why wasnt CDF (who outranks him) there? CDF is also from the Army. And the other chiefs? Were they so disrespectful not to attend? Even though the Navy and Air Force werent part of the gun salute, they still should be there out of courtesy. And why not the Commissioner of Police? After all, werent his men and women tasked to do crowd control?

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could be because he came from a similarly screwed up background, difference was he excelled in his studies and made it elsewhere. Lots of kids are smart and hardworking in school but being merely smart and hardworking alone does not get you any PSC scholarship, let alone a president's scholarship. He had to be really really smart and really hardworking... Like 200% more than his closest competitor.

Then again with his assumed intelligence, we can infer that even if he did not make it in school, he would have become some geylang dua pai kia boss or something, maybe international crime boss with operations spanning yunnan, hanoi, hong kong and phnom penh.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could be because he came from a similarly screwed up background, difference was he excelled in his studies and made it elsewhere. Lots of kids are smart and hardworking in school but being merely smart and hardworking alone does not get you any PSC scholarship, let alone a president's scholarship. He had to be really really smart and really hardworking... Like 200% more than his closest competitor.

Then again with his assumed intelligence, we can infer that even if he did not make it in school, he would have become some geylang dua pai kia boss or something, maybe international crime boss with operations spanning yunnan, hanoi, hong kong and phnom penh.

That means all the other comrades of the PAP are no where near to his power.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng surname also Lee, maybe related 500 years ago lah!:biggrin: under Emperor Lee's 李世民 dynasty. :wink:

Last edited:

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah bro nice clean post. Thanks ah! :biggrin:
Anyway agree with u. Ppl scared to be associated with him now.

jw5

Loyal
As a younger relative, our subservience could be understood, as we will be deemed to be showing respect for our elders and understanding our place in the hierachy.

But if we are not a relative, what is the reason for the subservience?

:rolleyes:

mcsmith6

Alfrescian
Loyal
side track a bit...

why the hell was lky's wife given a state (if not, a near state) funeral?

what contribution had she given to spore?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

people work with teo ser luck b4 also say him good. but once he is up there, he start to bang table and expect things to be done 100% his way. if fail, it will be others failure and not his. hope this chan is like what u said and maintain when he is up there. this mg chan also talk cock, relatives may not be same surname also!!! shortie wong and woody goh also different surname from lky. give him benefit of doubt until someone know how he is connected with lky.

Last edited: