• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Khaw won’t want transport portfolio due to pressure

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Khaw won’t want transport portfolio due to pressure

dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
August 18th, 2015 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

According to the Chinese media report, Mr Khaw Boon Wan was asked by reporter whether he will be taking over the Transport Minister’s job since Mr Lui Tuck Yew has declared he will be stepping down from politics. Mr Khaw was reported to have given an amusing reply saying no.

During the last election, housing problem was the hot political issue and Minister Khaw had gamely volunteered to take over the National Development Ministry from Mah Bow Tan.

Mr Khaw said that after more than four years, the housing market has cooled off and the supply and demand is more balanced now.
‘Two years ago, when the prices of houses reached its peak and started to drop. Trust me, I am one of those who heave a big sigh of relief,” he told the reporter.

He revealed that during those few years, whenever he felt the pressure from work with regard to housing issues, he would take a stroll in Sembawang Park with his wife to relieve tension.

A few days ago, Transport Minister Lui has announced that he is stepping down, not only relinquishing his ministerial position, but also not contesting in the upcoming election. In recent years, transport problems have become one of the most critical issues. The reporter then asked Mr Khaw if he would be volunteering to go to the Transport Ministry this time round?

Mr Khaw did not reply directly. Instead, he replied amusingly, “I have already been to Sembawang Park many times. I cannot be camping there the whole day.”

Indeed, Minister Khaw must have sensed the immense pressure coming from the Transport Ministry, so much so that he doesn’t want to touch any of the transport issues at all. This time, our heroic Minister Khaw is not going to response to the challenge.

Perhaps the housing issues may have taken a big toll on Mr Khaw, leading him to become ‘careless’.

Recently, in the recent AGO findings, Admiralty CCC Chairman who came under Khaw’s GRC, was found to have acted in breach of PA procedures by approving his own claims and failing to declare his own interest in the company that won contracts from the CCC. Also, HDB, the statutory board under his ministry, awarded the land reserved for religious purpose, to a private company intending to use it for profit.

So, it appears that despite our ministers drawing millions of dollars in salary, they are only humans with limits, nevermind if they are labelled as “heavyweight” ministers helming the GRCs in the upcoming GE.

What do you think?

IMAG1111.jpg

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of pressure he faced by bringing HDB prices down??? Just some policies did the trick. Like that also stress?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of pressure he faced by bringing HDB prices down??? Just some policies did the trick. Like that also stress?

I also do not know what kind of pressure he is facing when dealing with pricing. Gov has the land under their control. They set the interest rate. They can play with any tool right ?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
daft sinkies! ...

learn from ze bestest paid! ...

avoid jobs dat gif u pressure ... choose e-z jobs ... stick 2 e-z jobs dat gif u hi pay ...

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also do not know what kind of pressure he is facing when dealing with pricing. Gov has the land under their control. They set the interest rate. They can play with any tool right ?

Aiyah, give the cow a rest lah. Big nose Teo should take over as transport minister since he is former Navy chief and can bark his orders to subordinates better:biggrin::biggrin:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah, give the cow a rest lah. Big nose Teo should take over as transport minister since he is former Navy chief and can bark his orders to subordinates better:biggrin::biggrin:

Sure give him a rest by kicking him out, we should not give him a rest with his same high salary, he is supposed to take stress.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Party renewal huh. Why the cow still never step down? Stress my foot. Housing portfolio got much oily water leh, isn't it?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If KBW squat in toilet no shit keluar after 2 minutes, he will be more highly stressed. That is the standard of ministers we have.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
F*ck if nobody want the transport minister position, let me have it, firstly I will reduce fares according to fuel prices, next is increase MRT expenditure on maintenance, lower profit never mind, next is kick out Desmond Kuek, ok or not?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That speaks volumes of an incompetent minister. Anyone with "A" levels pass in Econs knows the answer.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
F*ck if nobody want the transport minister position, let me have it, firstly I will reduce fares according to fuel prices, next is increase MRT expenditure on maintenance, lower profit never mind, next is kick out Desmond Kuek, ok or not?

I suggest you aim for some more challenging ministries like ENV or the one TCJ is in.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as he is collecting million dollar salary, it is very irresponsible to avoid so-called stress. Furthermore, national development is a long term role with lots of researchers, planners, contributing to the plans before execution. If cow still missed meeting his KPis, he is a total failure, imo.

In private companies, even a sales person earning just couple thousand dollars a month, if he cannot deliver results of getting sales orders which are usually beyond his control and dependent on customers, he will be jobless within few months.

Talk about no stress on a million-dollar job with no accountability too. Why does PAP keep such candidates.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
....So ..... What do you think?...

They are just idiots.

Reduce the number of foreigners in the country, deport those with court convictions and revoke SPRS of undeserving cases ... and pronto, the public transport will be smoothly running after it is not overloaded daily with trash.