• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Khaw screwing it up for PAP

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems Khaw is not a good politicans and not very smart.

At a time when WP had just sacked YSL, he add oil to fire by questioning WP? He got his priority wrong...

He should have assured Hougang residents that at this time of need, PAP will step forward the help the residents as they had lost their MP.

Win the hearts and souls of those that matters. The voters.

Do not make yourself look small.

Come clean with the people, WP: Khaw
by Wong Jiahui Alicia
04:46 AM Feb 16, 2012
SINGAPORE - Shortly after the Workers' Party (WP) announced its decision to expel Mr Yaw Shin Leong, People's Action Party (PAP) chairman Khaw Boon Wan turned up the heat on the opposition party yesterday, questioning its "sudden U-turn" on the allegations of infidelity against Mr Yaw.

Speaking to reporters, Mr Khaw noted that, only last Saturday - when the WP held its Chinese New Year dinner - the party's leadership stood "shoulder to shoulder in solidarity" with Mr Yaw.

On Mr Yaw's expulsion, Mr Khaw said: "Is this an attempt at trying to conceal something they knew, first through silence, and then when they found it is not possible, then they get rid of the liability and blame everything on him?"

Calling on the WP to "come clean with the people", Mr Khaw asked why the WP took "so long to investigate" the rumours of its Hougang Member of Parliament's (MP) indiscretions and "what new information have they discovered".

If the WP had certain information about Mr Yaw prior to the May General Election, why did they field him, pressed Mr Khaw, who is also Minister for National Development.

"It's sad that voters have been misled by the WP. I think as a responsible party, integrity is a key point," said Mr Khaw. "This is a matter that no doubt concerns Mr Yaw, but it also concerns the party where he came from," he added.

Responding, WP chief Low Thia Khiang said: "I don't know when (Mr Khaw) started to know we had a change in attitude. Is he our party member? Is he sure of our internal party matters?"

Mr Low explained that last Saturday's celebration event was a grassroots activity held in Hougang, where Mr Low had been MP for 20 years.

"He (Mr Yaw) had a celebration event, so I came back. Then he was still an MP and, until a decision has been made by the party, we should respect the elected MP," said Mr Low.

Mr Khaw was also asked by reporters if the PAP would field Mr Desmond Choo, who lost to Mr Yaw nine months ago, in the event of a by-election.

Mr Khaw said the party would take things one step at a time. But the party will always "stand ready" should Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong decide to call for a by-election, Mr Khaw added. "We will do what we can to support our supporters, and we will always want to win back whichever seats we may have lost," he said.

Mr Choo, who now serves as adviser to the Hougang grassroots organisations, told Channel NewsAsia that the party leadership will decide if he is to be fielded as a candidate. Mr Choo, who had garnered 35 per cent of the vote in the last election, said: "I have been serving the residents, and I think I have built a certain bond with them. And I will continue to serve the residents."

When asked if the PAP has a stance on how its MPs should respond to questions about their personal life, Mr Khaw said: "Once your enter politics, then there's no such thing as your private life."

MPs have to put themselves in the shoes of the voter and ask what kind of person they would want to represent them in Parliament, he said, stressing the need for "competence", "loyalty to Singapore" and "character".

The last by-election in 1992 - at Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency - saw a four-cornered fight. Yesterday, former presidential candidate Tan Jee Say, who is said to have been working the ground in Hougang, said a similar situation had to be avoided.

Mr Tan, who contested last year's election on a Singapore Democratic Party ticket, said: "The immediate priority is to make sure Hougang stays in the Opposition's hands. Opposition parties have to work together to put forward a single candidate whom everyone will support."

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only that, he has demonstrated what a pygmy he is in statesmanship. His comments as party chairman and minister to comment on WP's internal affairs reflects his immaturity as well. There are so many other issues of national importance and he goes round trying to make capital out of a small political party's misfortune.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
i agree. He appears to have some kind of bitterness.

At a time when WP had just sacked YSL, he add oil to fire by questioning WP? He got his priority wrong...He should have assured Hougang residents that at this time of need, PAP will step forward the help the residents as they had lost their MP.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What can you expect from someone who cried at a rally just because he had blisters on his feet as a result from walking the ground?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
For someone who screwed up badly in 2006 calling WP proposals timebombs and turned people's attention to them, surprised that he became chairman. Either PAP can no longer pick people or there is no one left to pick.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I remember those.

It is so common during NS especially after road march...after that cannot walk and sure KPKB.

He blister only cry, I got abrasion at my groin area. Have to walk with open leg for days.

What can you expect from someone who cried at a rally just because he had blisters on his feet as a result from walking the ground?

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do u expect from someone who tell u an operation cost $8, which is even cheaper than the cab fare to the hospital? :biggrin:

From someone will try to misled you with the $8 operation, not telling the truth that his insurance cover most of the cost ( maybe, maybe, deep discounts some more), is certainly shooting craps from his mouth.

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

At a time when WP had just sacked YSL, he add oil to fire by questioning WP? He got his priority wrong...

He should have assured Hougang residents that at this time of need, PAP will step forward the help the residents as they had lost their MP.

When a person is small, not matter what he try to do, he won't look big.

He is the Chairman of PAPpies CEC, so i guess he needs to offer his view to the media.

I think won't be long before the rest of the other parties Chairman will be interviewed by media on their views on this matter.